The end of Bliss, I still remember the first time I herd that song, I was out in the woods during the day listening to the radio, I was how I first got into Muse.

I just got the most beautiful mental image from that :happy:

Whenever Matt sings eternally missed in Eternally Missed....

It just makes me want to cry. It's beautiful.

Whenever he starts singing I don't love you in hyper chondriac music

Natural disaster in Nature_1

the falsetto in shrinking universe

Yes and most definitely yes. I think the falsetto in SU is one of the best moments of Muse's career. It's just so effing gorgeous, the way Matt sings it. Luff <3

Also.

"And blaze through your skies, so unafraid to die..." from Hate This & I'll Love You

The far-off siren sound in Hyper Chondriac Music

Fillip @ Bizarre in 2000 :LOL:

this:

But I wanted more

With the cuts and the bruises

Touch my face

A hopeless embrace

from glorious... it sounds amazing, every time i listen to it it makes me want to cry :'( beautiful...

that whole song is beautiful, but that bit in particular :happy: *goes to listen to glorious*

EDIT: [OR]

But I still want more

With the cuts and the bruises

Don't close the door

On what you adore

<3 i think it's just the sound of that line, it just sounds so... :'( iunno, the notes are just... again, i don't know how they do it, it's genius. :happy:

[/fangirl]

The most gorgeous thing ever in the history of songs from Muse is the last "Get it right" in Exogenesis: Symphony Part 3 (Redemption). Shivers, goosebumps and tears. <3

Exactly how I feel! I'm pretty much left in awe after this and once the songs is over. Then my CD starts over and Uprising kind of ruins it.. :LOL:

Also!

Backing vocals for Assassin and Soldier's Poem

Drums in Map of the Problematique

And drums in TIRO the second and third time "bury it..." part comes around.

The "oohs" in Blackout.

In Citizen Erased, the music before it goes into "For one moment..."

When Exogenesis Part 3 starts to get faster [from 1:35 to 2:10]

And of course, the part after that bit ^

The guitar solo in Guiding Light

The 8 quick guitar strums along with some kind of shouting in Hyper Music.

The guitar solo in Invincible

The swallow in Map Of Your Head

The part in Mk Ultra [2:12]

When the drums start in New Born

The harmonies in Soldier's Poem, plus "No I don't think you do", and the high pitched "juuuuustice".

The half scream in Sunburn when he sings "hiiiiiiide from the world"

Invincible part "During the struggle"

New Born changing solo

Endlessly solo

"Scares the hell out of me" - Thoughts of a Dying Athiest

Starlight guitar while he sings "My life..."

"Aping my soul" "Tell us..." "Let's start over again" - Exogenesis

"You trick your lovers..." - Undisclosed desires

"You are my mu....." "And she attacks me like a leo" - I Belong to You

Matt Zipper on Space Dementia "You make me sick..."

Supermassive Black Hole Solo

"And I've seen your love..." - Plug in Baby

"Ocean!!!" - Unnatural Selection

Intro of Muscle Museum

"It could be wrong, could be wrong" "The night has reached its end" - Resistance

"....When there can be only one?" - United States of Eurasia

Guitar solo of Citizen Erased

The guitar intro and trumpet solo on City of Delusion

"I only dream of you" - Sing for absolution

"Best..." - Butterflies and Hurricanes

Darkshines 3:53

"...Recurring nightmares..." - Hoodoo

Ruled by secrecy piano

Shrinking Universe screaming

Hyper chondriac Music Solo and the "I don't love you..." part

Easily drums

In your world intro

Hmm, I think this thread shows that although soooooo many people nowadays think lyrics aren't one of Muse's strong points... well, that that's just a bit wrong.

They're fantastic.

The lyrics have parts that sounds really good, which makes people like them, but that doesn't really make them good lyrics. Most of Matts lyrics are either really really simple or just bullshit that sounds good when you sing it.

The lyrics have parts that sounds really good, which makes people like them, but that doesn't really make them good lyrics. Most of Matts lyrics are either really really simple or just bullshit that sounds good when you sing it.

What's the difference? If they sound good then they're good :indiff:

What's the difference? If they sound good then they're good :indiff:

Well then, if it was like that, why would the bands even make any effort in trying to make the lyrics mean something? Why not just put random words in it?

And that would mean that good lyrics become bad if the music is bad.

That's the difference between lyrics and poetry then; lyrics are meant to be sung with songs, where one line sung out can mean more than the sum of the whole, unlike poetry (or at least most of it). So, Muse have good lyrics, no?

Bands like The Smiths with their wordsmith lyrics are great, but that relates to different people, or at least different parts of people. I just think Muse have a great mix of hooky lines, and thoughtful lines. Good example - Supermassive, versus Hoodoo.

That's the difference between lyrics and poetry then; lyrics are meant to be sung with songs, where one line sung out can mean more than the sum of the whole, unlike poetry (or at least most of it). So, Muse have good lyrics, no?

Bands like The Smiths with their wordsmith lyrics are great, but that relates to different people, or at least different parts of people. I just think Muse have a great mix of hooky lines, and thoughtful lines. Good example - Supermassive, versus Hoodoo.

Okay, then we agree to disagree on what makes lyrics good then :)

Muse are really good at what bthey do(did?), and their lyrics fit the music. AP, SS and S4A are perfect examples of pretty crap lyrics, that makes the music a whole lot better because they sound so fucking awesome, like the chorus of all the songs, it's just epic. Feels like I'm not really helping my own case right now...

I agree with you. I do like singing the lyrics as they fit the songs really well and are quite memorable .... but really, I'd never consider them "good". I like clever/funny/pretty lyrics, of which Matt doesn't really have any hang of :LOL:

I think the lyrics are pretty decent. Matt may not be a poet like Ben Gibbard or whom ever you like, but the words set the tone for the songs. I must admit, he got a little bit sloppy where The Resistance is concerned (When these pillars get pulled down, it will be you who wears the crown :facepalm:), but there have been some good lines:

"I've had reccurring nightmares that I was loved for who I am and missed the opportunity to be a better man"

"There's no justice in the world, and there never was"

"We'll pray that there's no god to punish us and make a fuss"

etc.

Or at least, these are the one's that have had potency in my life.

"Who takes the longest in the bathroom?"

*both point at Dom*

When Matt jumps really high whilst playing guitar

The TIRO/Hysteria bass intros

The chimes in the Screenager intro

And that would mean that good lyrics become bad if the music is bad.

No it doesn't. I just meant that if the lyrics sound good in the context of the song, then they're good lyrics. Because they fit. Anyway I like lyrics I can relate to, not rambling profound poetry. Not in music anyway. :p

However, having said that in general I like their lyrics, this is one of the worst lines I have EVER heard in a song, period...

"Stretch it like a birth squeeze" :stunned: It just makes me cringe :noey:

No it doesn't. I just meant that if the lyrics sound good in the context of the song, then they're good lyrics. Because they fit. Anyway I like lyrics I can relate to, not rambling profound poetry. Not in music anyway. :p

However, having said that in general I like their lyrics, this is one of the worst lines I have EVER heard in a song, period...

"Stretch it like a birth squeeze" :stunned: It just makes me cringe :noey:

Exactly my thoughts, if I want poetry I read Shakespeare or Goethe. I really like Matt's lyrics most of the time. The exception would be GL or USoE, they just leave me :$:stunned: whatever...

Archived