stuartrushforth

Yeah they're the same, well slightly different chip, but work the same. I used this over the decimilia because it's a lot smaller (you need a separate USB controller to upload code though) - I will be ditching the breadboard and long leads so i'll have it nice n compact to fit under the pad when its in the guitar.

thats great, cant wait to get hold of the code and schematic to try it out! keep us posted.

Yeah they're the same, well slightly different chip, but work the same. I used this over the decimilia because it's a lot smaller (you need a separate USB controller to upload code though) - I will be ditching the breadboard and long leads so i'll have it nice n compact to fit under the pad when its in the guitar.

i needz teh programz

I will post the code once it is completely done.

At the moment the touch pad doesnt take touching close to the edges too well as for some reason the kaoss pad uses only one digit (of midi CC) for each extreme (1 and 127) which is a bit gay.

Also I want to add a rotary encoder (a rotary knob that clicks) script for controlling program change.

Hopefully wont take too long though.

Incidently, this controller also sends midi CC for the digitech Whammy on midi channel 2 (currently using the Y axis, though I'm gonna change it to X axis as it is slightly wider - more control .... or maybe a mix of both axis - that may create some funny jumps but may be cool)

I will post the code once it is completely done.

At the moment the touch pad doesnt take touching close to the edges too well as for some reason the kaoss pad uses only one digit (of midi CC) for each extreme (1 and 127) which is a bit gay.

Also I want to add a rotary encoder (a rotary knob that clicks) script for controlling program change.

Hopefully wont take too long though.

Incidently, this controller also sends midi CC for the digitech Whammy on midi channel 2 (currently using the Y axis, though I'm gonna change it to X axis as it is slightly wider - more control .... or maybe a mix of both axis - that may create some funny jumps but may be cool)

i cant wait, sounds so cool. how hard of a job was this? also what does the pad on Matt's guitar do to the whammy? are both the x and y axis in use for it? ive never seen matt use the kaoss pad for the whammy but i expect if could be really useful in the citizen erased solo. the midi strip is cool though, ive heard that in use.

i cant wait, sounds so cool. how hard of a job was this? also what does the pad on Matt's guitar do to the whammy? are both the x and y axis in use for it? ive never seen matt use the kaoss pad for the whammy but i expect if could be really useful in the citizen erased solo. the midi strip is cool though, ive heard that in use.

Matt uses the midi strip for the whammy but it would work on the same principal but only one of the axes of the pad would be used.

Matt uses the midi strip for the whammy but it would work on the same principal but only one of the axes of the pad would be used.

i was thinking though, couldnt the x axis control the harmony, and the y control the whammy? or x control the whammy and y control the harmony? that would allow you to have complete control over the whammy. that would be cool.

probably would work best with the harmony on the x axis since there are more settings and the x axis is longer

i was thinking though, couldnt the x axis control the harmony, and the y control the whammy? or x control the whammy and y control the harmony? that would allow you to have complete control over the whammy. that would be cool.

probably would work best with the harmony on the x axis since there are more settings and the x axis is longer

no, cos that would involve a program change as the +1 or + 2 settings are different banks from any of the harmony stuff. cant be running two of the programs on the whammy at once, can we:)

I don't have a whammy myself, just took the midi commands received from the manual online.

It looks like it will only receive cc for the pedal, effect on/off, and program change.

As said, controlling harmony with one axis and whammy with the other wouldn't really work, but can be done by sending a program change message in front of the contol change message while one axis is read, and progarm change again when the second axis is read. I recon this will be choppy! And don't think the whammy pedal will handle it.

I don't have a whammy myself, just took the midi commands received from the manual online.

It looks like it will only receive cc for the pedal, effect on/off, and program change.

As said, controlling harmony with one axis and whammy with the other wouldn't really work, but can be done by sending a program change message in front of the contol change message while one axis is read, and progarm change again when the second axis is read. I recon this will be choppy! And don't think the whammy pedal will handle it.

it'd be a total mess, to be honest - really not worth the hassle of programming it!

i'm very interested in your kaoss pad progress though :)

Sorry if it has been asked before, looking at a few KP guitar mods on the youtoobs, most no longer use the DB9 cable to connect the KP up, and use a smaller cable, Anybody know the name of the cable, and how they might have gone about connecting it up to the kp?

I know what he wants. 19" TFT built in, just behind the bridge. Nothing set to feed it a display or anything, just a touch pad underneath it to control the chaos that emerges from running your guitar's signal through a PC monitor.

No no no, he wants a 28" Widescreen TV with a DVD player aswell so he can watch is idol on TV while playing along to B-side Muse tracks.

i was wondering what else could i put in place of a KP screen on my guitar? like you said a gameboy screen but that would look silly i think. i want to go for a Midi strip look.

Resistive strips are easier to write code for than pads!

You can get them cheap and an array of sizes, even circular ones (like old ipod (but resistive not capacitive)) you could have surrounding a pot knob or something - could be cool.

http://www.active-robots.com/products/sensors/sparkfun/flex-force.shtml

Archived