stuartrushforth

I wouldn't say the 1600s, cos most of today's music couldn't have been made in those days, what with the advent of distortion and so on.

Basically, using originality to say that something isn't worth doing or using is a lame excuse.

I meant the 1600s for the peak of piano and acoustic music. The beginning of the the 50s with blues and gospel music coming out and becoming mainstream, it would in fact be without these music styles that music would be in the crapper. What I'm saying is that music has become stagnant now because of mtv and because all the truly talented and original musicians who are not getting there music out there. This is solely due to the reason that image and whats "in scene" has taken over. The majority of people are letting labels and the media tell them what to listen to. Nowadays a lot of absolute shite has become mainstream and adored by all.

Get your facts straight and read 1st before posting. QUOTE]

Hmm... generally, when you ask a question..you don't know the facts,hence the reason for asking the question, and the thread was never about finding out about using a preamp someone else mentioned it.

Generally when you want to find something out you do research! You did ask about a preamp read your 1st post!! And as red said "SEARCHY SEARCHY SEARCHY" Do some research and find out what you need or pm some of the musician's here to find out instead of making pointless threads. If you cant find these facts through research then ask and make a thread. Oh one more thing if you want to find about Matt's recording tech or gear from the absolution period check out my thread.

• 4 months later...

Ok I just found this website http://www.ezscreen.com/touchscreen.html sells touchscreens and stuff. They sell touchscreen drivers that can use USB ports, and from that is it possible to convert that USB to MIDI to control a Kaoss pad?? There ment to be used with computers so it's just a random idea I had :p I'm not sure how and MIDI stuff works so if anyone can help me with this it would be great to me and other people trying this same thing. It says is has X+,X-,Y+,Y- so I'm guessing that its still like the kaoss pad but USB. What I was thinking is that you can have the touchscreen and driver in the guitar, and if its small the MIDI converter, then run a MIDI wire to a box (or wireless system:D) that has a Kaoss pad bypass and everything else you need for this to work. If people have any ideas put them here we might be able to figure something out.

im totally sure its possible... that is, if you can be arsed to write a program that will take the USB input and convert it into a usable MIDI stream. with the devices you see today that connect via usb into a pc, theres always an intermediate if they are transmitting midi and running through a usb connection. as far as i know there are a few devices which interface via usb but in effect transmit midi data... its up to you if you can be bothered to write a program that will convert the output that you get from this screen into an operative midi stream

but.. to be honest, i wouldnt bother. you'd need a microcontroller board to load your program onto and everything.. unless they sell these already set up, which i reckon is unlikely.

seeing as xy pads cant be bought, could be a possibility that hugh just rips up a kaoss pad and use the xy pad from that and then connect it to the other kaoss pad somehow.... then there's the wireless midi stuff...

i think someone else should be able to explain it to you better,

:LOL:screw it then, thought it would be easier than that but I guess not, it was worth a shot. Thanks though

Hugh Manson is a genius.:LOL: Does anyone know how he does it with Matt's guitars?

he probably got someone else to do that weird electrics for him

he only asked about using this USB xy pad, an i told him hed need something to convert the usb data stream to a midi compatible stream. how better can it be explained? lol

+1

yeah, you have USB and you want it to become midi....

hmm put both cables in your nose? your brains might be smart enough to know what to do...

The Pocket C Electronics is essentially the electronics part of the Pocket Control. 16 pots (or sliders) can be connected to make a custom controller. Note that a case nor power supply are supplied. The Pocket C Electronics has 128 memories, each pot can be assigned any MIDI controller data on any channel. A Snapshot function switch sends all knob positions in one go. The MIDI out functions as a MIDI Thru for chaining between master keyboard and instrument/sequencer. A PC editor is available free from the Doepfer web site at http://www.doepfer.de

thats exactly what's needed non? along with a spare XY pad

PE_example.gif

and this guy has used it to kinda mutilate an accordion, its funny as hell

if you google icubex, they have another option, but its more similar to the midi strip on the bomber. basically its a controller (comes with midi output/input) that you can use 1 or more different controllers for. they offer a wide range of controllers, including a theremin, which would probably be pretty close to an xy pad (infact, is it one?!). many of the controllers are self-adhesive, so they're super-easy to install. Im going to put one in in the summer, so keep an eye out for my progress.

a theremin, which would probably be pretty close to an xy pad (infact, is it one?!).

uhh...

a theremin and an XY pad are veeeeeeeeery different things.

Theremin

theremin.jpg

XY pad

korg2xypad_l.jpg

Those sensor things seem like they're still just controllers - you'd need to attach them to something that converts the information they provide into MIDI, and to the right channels.

I can't see the thing you're on about though, fancy providing a link?

yeah. why not... :LOL:

well, i dunno if its a good idea spending all that money on what's essentially going to be a novelty that you'll probably regret before long, or worse still, just never ever use. bellamy doesnt use his MIDI strip anymore and only uses the XY pad for the kaoss pad's synth sounds and occasionally to manipulate delay (like when playing SFA)

trust me, it'll be impossible to do, i mean controlling the whammy from the guitar while playing. it's got an expression pedal on it for a reason

not being a dick here, but it really would be a waste of money. spend it on something more useful?

lol! i wouldnt have said you were being a dick in the first place! :LOL:

i totally get your point, and im just doing research into a guitar project now. I've loads of ideas, just need to finalise them. Its starting to look like ill put in a kaoss pad instead. but at the moment, im just trying to find out something about pickups. Basically, if i have a tele body with no pickup holes cut, instead of doing the standard tele setup, could i drill/install 3 humbuckers instead? there is a tele that has 3 humbuckers, but its like $2000.

edit: appreciate your opinion/advice, scottst by the way.

Archived