They're started playing Bliss the good way again. Matt does the intro on the guitar and before the riff kicks in, does the little chuggy dead-note bit before a split-second silence and BAM, RIFFAGE.

Woop. Here's hoping that continues through to Reading.

They're started playing Bliss the good way again. Matt does the intro on the guitar and before the riff kicks in, does the little chuggy dead-note bit before a split-second silence and BAM, RIFFAGE.

Yeah that's awesome. Still haven't quite achieved the 2004-era "impact" of the riff, but that little moment of silence is so good. Does anyone think the guitar isn't loud enough though? I had a tiny inkling of this when I heard it last year...

hahaha ! Dom playing drums with Larry at a karoke party along with Bono and Edge. this is why Bono's voice was not so good last nite :LOL:

Looks like they were having fun out there. :D

hands down the best concert videos around done by these guys! u2gigs rocks!

CITIZEN ERASED!

http://www.youtube.com/user/u2006com#p/u/0/qkQG3h9m_tg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4klBxbrebTo

The falsetto is a bit rough :LOL: Listen to 3:16...

Love all of these. Makes me so happy. :D Brilliant! :D (Incidentally I don't think Matt's falsetto sounds rough)

thanks! shit! not only did U2 let Muse use all their lights,screen but Matt walked the bridge and walk way.. Only support band that had this access.. U2 is loving them..

I'm not surprised. Muse are lovely guys and excellent musicians. I'm not surprised that they have become friends and won the respect of U2 and may have been given special privileges. Good for them. :D

In all honesty Muse are doing something that is really below the level they have achieved by supporting another band, but that's fair enough. It shows they're not divas too. :happy:

Is there evidence of this?!

look at the bliss vid from the 3rd brasil show. Matt walks the bridge, and the walkway surrounds the inner circle (the front half between the two bridges).. I can't recall right now what other videos from the SA shows but he has used the bridges on a couple occasions. Also the full screen above and lights.. They didn't get to do this when they supported them in '09. Then it was just the upper circular screen above and that was it. They clearly admire, respect Muse a lot to do this.. I have gone to many many u2 shows over the yrs and no other supporting band has had this much access. Major props to them.

look at the bliss vid from the 3rd brasil show. Matt walks the bridge, and the walkway surrounds the inner circle (the front half between the two bridges).. I can't recall right now what other videos from the SA shows but he has used the bridges on a couple occasions. Also the full screen above and lights.. They didn't get to do this when they supported them in '09. Then it was just the upper circular screen above and that was it. They clearly admire, respect Muse a lot to do this.. I have gone to many many u2 shows over the yrs and no other supporting band has had this much access. Major props to them.

Why Matt did that in the only gig that I was on seats? :supersad: I was at the barrier on 9th and in the inner circle on 10th! :D

Amazing performance of CE and Bliss :yesey:

When didn't he do this then? On both concerts I've been to he started Bliss this way.

Love all of these. Makes me so happy. :D Brilliant! :D (Incidentally I don't think Matt's falsetto sounds rough)

Of course you don't, that's how his falsetto always sounds, right?

FYI: a rough sound usually isn't a bad thing.

And yet you've attended so very few of them....

EDIT: That wasn't an actual review either.

When I say review I mean just reviewing the set list and posting videos and pictures. Worked for Wembley and the rest of the summer tour and US arena tour :) It also worked for this U2 supporting leg.

Anyway, just visit it if you want

Of course you don't, that's how his falsetto always sounds, right?

FYI: a rough sound usually isn't a bad thing.

Well it sounds perfectly fine to me, not that I go around analysing every single note.

This one sound pretty similar to the bit that has been highlighted and is a strong performance of the falsetto. I really can't hear hardly any difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXS-7vfmNAI&feature=related

I think quite a lot of times he has left it out, or done it differently, and I'm pretty impressed with how the falsetto is sounding lately tbh.

Well it sounds perfectly fine to me, not that I go around analysing every single note.

This one sound pretty similar to the bit that has been highlighted and is a strong performance of the falsetto. I really can't hear hardly any difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXS-7vfmNAI&feature=related

I think quite a lot of times he has left it out, or done it differently, and I'm pretty impressed with how the falsetto is sounding lately tbh.

Once again, there is nothing WRONG with it. He just sings a part of it a bit more roughly than usual, which to me sounded pretty cool. You don't need to defend Matt EVERY time you think someone accuses him of not being perfect.

And no, it isn't even close to similar. The very distinct "r" and "a" sounds in the falsetto at 3:18 are so obvious that...I don't even know.

Once again, there is nothing WRONG with it. He just sings a part of it a bit more roughly than usual, which to me sounded pretty cool. You don't need to defend Matt EVERY time you think someone accuses him of not being perfect.

And no, it isn't even close to similar.

Well you don't need to pick me up on everything I say. :rolleyes: I noticed someone else said they thought it sounded fine and you didn't pick on them, but there you go! I still think it sounds fine, if I want to say something I will, okay, whatever the hell you think about it!

As for your other "trying to be clever" argument, "rough" in the original post meant bad as the poster even laughed. And I only commented because I wanted to talk about the video in general. So stop thinking you're oh so great and know everything about everything, because I'm not in the mood for your pettyness!

Well you don't need to pick me up on everything I say. :rolleyes: I noticed someone else said they thought it sounded fine and you didn't pick on them, but there you go! I still think it sounds fine, if I want to say something I will, okay, whatever the hell you think about it!

As for your other "trying to be clever" argument, "rough" in the original post meant bad as the poster even laughed. So stop thinking you're oh so great and know everything about everything, because I'm not in the mood for your pettyness!

Okay, one more time then.

His falsetto was pretty rough at two points during that part. It may still be fine to most people, me for example, but you tried to deny it and calling it "fine". That someone thinks that the roughness is negative doesn't mean that I, or you, can think that it's rough and STILL fine.

It just seems more like you are trying to deny it because someone said it in a negative way.

Archived