map of the problematique

dwydav

Guest bshuker
Isn't there a Logic Express for windows? I could have swore I saw one the other day :rolleyes:

The old logic used to be dual platform before Apple bought out the company who made it, i can't remember who it was now.

However, I would not advise giving logic to anyone who has no previous daw experience, its very daunting, even for someone who has used multiple daws, I'd used sonar, pro tools, cubase + nuendo, ableton live, reaper, cakewalk (back in the old days), and goddamn it confused the shit out of me at first. Get cubase, get a crack, noone cares, you'll make the effect and get bored of it soon enough, so it won't matter that you ripped off steinberg because ultimately you will delete it, because frankly, the motp effect is gay enough that you would get bored quite soon.

This probably belongs in the gay thread with the noob who wants the motp thread. He can read it here, i dont care.

The old logic used to be dual platform before Apple bought out the company who made it, i can't remember who it was now.

However, I would not advise giving logic to anyone who has no previous daw experience, its very daunting, even for someone who has used multiple daws, I'd used sonar, pro tools, cubase + nuendo, ableton live, reaper, cakewalk (back in the old days), and goddamn it confused the shit out of me at first. Get cubase, get a crack, noone cares, you'll make the effect and get bored of it soon enough, so it won't matter that you ripped off steinberg because ultimately you will delete it, because frankly, the motp effect is gay enough that you would get bored quite soon.

This probably belongs in the gay thread with the noob who wants the motp thread. He can read it here, i dont care.

good reply... well, half of it anyway.

i agree, logic is on another level as far as complexity goes. if you're clever and have the plugins then cubase can do pretty good for a recording workstation, but logic and protools just offer so much more than cubase... its a very good program to start with though (cubase). the GUI is very intuitive (unlike logic (LOL LOGIC, LOL!!!) or protools..

lollers, cakewalk, i remember that shit :) ahhh, things have come so far ;'(

lol

thats one way to put it. I have cubase and find it very useful for all sorts of things, plus we use it at my school, so its handy to have it at home for coursework etc: Anyway, I do happen to be one of those annoying noobs who wants to know how I can do this. NOT just for the motp effect, but for anything in the future to do with midi sequencing etc:

I have a korg ax3000g and a wire which connects from MIDI to usb on my pc. I can setup the inputs etc: I just want to know where I input the data to sequence the damn thing! Do I do it in key editor or what? :D

Edit : and yes, im too lazy to read through every MOTP related thread. There should just be one thread ffs.

lol

thats one way to put it. I have cubase and find it very useful for all sorts of things, plus we use it at my school, so its handy to have it at home for coursework etc: Anyway, I do happen to be one of those annoying noobs who wants to know how I can do this. NOT just for the motp effect, but for anything in the future to do with midi sequencing etc:

I have a korg ax3000g and a wire which connects from MIDI to usb on my pc. I can setup the inputs etc: I just want to know where I input the data to sequence the damn thing! Do I do it in key editor or what? :D

Edit : and yes, im too lazy to read through every MOTP related thread. There should just be one thread ffs.

You need to make a midi channel with data 'blob' and edit the piano roll but use the extra editing bit at the bottom (various things to choose from) that has vertical red bars. It's the same place you edit velocities....

lol

yes, use the key editor, as jon says, you'll see a bit at the bottom, you can choose which midi CC (such as sustain or velocity) you wish to edit as a drop down menu.

From what I hear, Protools is falling behind the others... I've never used Logic (or protools proper), so I can't really comment but I'm not really sure what features cubase doesn't have!

I do have a hefty set of plugins though... ;)

hmm, well as far as ive seen protools doesnt offer such a broad range of capability as cubase, but the things that it does, it seems to do better... im only really a novice in protools right now, and i'd consider myself a fairly advanced cubase user (uni started us on protools at the start of this year). when i used logic i found it quite confusing, but i guess that with each program, its all a case of learning where everything is... i got used to cubase first.

hefty plugins are good :)

Guest Bennett

i finished school this year...but i reckon if i went back and approached the head of performing arts who's a really chilled guy - he'd give me a music program for free.

hmm...

i finished school this year...but i reckon if i went back and approached the head of performing arts who's a really chilled guy - he'd give me a music program for free.

hmm...

surely itd be the same if he gave it to you for free or if you downloaded it... you still wouldnt have a legit CD key and usb dongle?

i supppose it depends what he'd give you, though :)

Guest bshuker
good reply... well, half of it anyway.

i agree, logic is on another level as far as complexity goes. if you're clever and have the plugins then cubase can do pretty good for a recording workstation, but logic and protools just offer so much more than cubase... its a very good program to start with though (cubase). the GUI is very intuitive (unlike logic (LOL LOGIC, LOL!!!) or protools..

lollers, cakewalk, i remember that shit :) ahhh, things have come so far ;'(

Yeah I agree, Logic really is far superior as far as midi is concerned compared to Cubase, which seems to be the middle jack of all trades daw! Does everything alright, but not too great :p

Pro Tools just hands down beats everything else out there for audio right now and to be fair, with the newest release (7.4) there is a new feature called Elastic Time which if you watch the demos of what it actually does, is seriously going to blow your mind about editing audio, we're talking very easy manipulation and quantization of complex audio (so we can fix all those shit singers and line up crappy drums in the overheads instead of just blagging it on the close mics and hoping noone notices). Plus its just generally superior at editing and such. Midi is still horrendously lacking in PT but if you have Logic aswell then you never need to worry about it, either that or if you're a tech savvy keyboard player then you don't need to worry so much, you can just play it all in real time. But yeah, GAY FUCKING ILLOGICAL LOGIC WTF IS WITH IT!? I hate it i really do, I can just about lay a few audio tracks down and put some notes in with the score editor, but other than that, jeeeez it's annoying, ohh and Cubase still has the best drum editor.

From what I hear, Protools is falling behind the others... I've never used Logic (or protools proper), so I can't really comment but I'm not really sure what features cubase doesn't have!

I do have a hefty set of plugins though... ;)

Read above, Pro Tools is way ahead audio wise.

lol

Thats fair, people who want to learn daws I think should really be encouraged to do so at home, which yeah, H20 and AiR and the like make it very easy to do so, I think at some point you should step in and buy the software if you really intend to use it a lot or for commercial benefit, but "try before you buy" isn't such a dull idea. If i hadn't tried out Digital Performer and Logic, I wouldn't have realised quite how unintuitive they actually are. I own pro tools however and love it. Ha. Just need to buy Cubase for my Mac (anyone else on intel mac? cubase is the hardest damn thing to track down for cheap, gotta get cubase 4 which is annoying).

Wow ranty.

YEAH LOL MOTP FX LOLZZZ LES BUY A FALANGORZ!!!!

. Just need to buy Cubase for my Mac (anyone else on intel mac? cubase is the hardest damn thing to track down for cheap, gotta get cubase 4 which is annoying).

Wow ranty.

YEAH LOL MOTP FX LOLZZZ LES BUY A FALANGORZ!!!!

can't you run a windows inscreen on your mac to use cracked Cubase?

can't you run a windows inscreen on your mac to use cracked Cubase?

there is a Mac version. I happen to of got the LE or Lite edition with my Zoom G7.1ut. to buy version 3 it's about 50GBP. never found a working version for mac on the net.if your on an Intel Mac put windows on through Boot Camp or get parallels or if on Power PC mac get virtual Pc (that's what I've got on mine). OR if you just want MOTP effect and have a whammy and Logic Express I"ll send you the file of the effect I've got.

Haven't read all recent posts so if this has been offered or mentioned. sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having problems with this. there's a dead/ screwy spot on my commands. can someone write down the octave changes in order to what theman has in the pics? e.g: -1,-1, 1, +1, +1...(to 32/1 or what ever the measure is set to in the pic. been using pic as a guideline).

• 2 weeks later...
I had a go at map of the problematique using guitar rig 2

Guitar Port ---> Cubase ---> Guitar Rig (post what settings I used later) ---> Ozone 3

that's about as good as the time when you recorded yourself singing and put it on here

Guitar Port ---> Cubase ---> Guitar Rig (post what settings I used later) ---> Ozone 3

not close to it.

This is a Clip of the Logic Express File Phill sent me.

http://www.freewebs.com/guitarbuild/motp.mp3 (copy and paste link. for some reason it just links back here if you click it).

I've got close to this writing a midi sequence in Cubase but there's just that one dead spot.

Logic Express > Whammy > Zoom G7.1ut with it's drive set to Diesel Amp setting > Marshall AVT 50 > Quicktime Pro (Quick recording from the Amp's DI jack socket on the back).

That really isn't close at all. All you need to do is program the step sequencer in Guitar Rig appropriately and then link it to control a GR Whammy. Simple, takes but a few minutes and sounds infinitely better than whatever you've got there.