map of the problematique

dwydav

• 2 weeks later...

ok people, i have a theory, not about the sound (the one that sounds like something made of metal having sex) but the way he does the:

A:------15-15-----15-15

C:---0------------0--------

Bit but only by playing a:

A:--3---------

C:--0---------

right, so i was experimenting with the effects on my RP2000 and i found factory set one that has a pitch shifter on it, set to +12 notes, an octave up :p, so, i played the chord thingy, and turned it on and off with the "control" button, which, unlike the others, isnt like a light switch (press it to turn it on, then again to turn it off) instead, its only on when the button is depressed, so i fiddled around and it works almost perfectly, there is most likly a setting on Matts All-Access (if not all multi-effects pedals) that creates this? no? so, what you thought was matt rocking the whammy, was him turning the octavater on and off?

i could be wrong but what the hey :LOL:

(did anyone make any sense out of that? i didnt)

Guest Bl44t44p

Ehm, I've never seen Matt near his pedalboard during the MotP intro? Or did I miss something :stunned: It's just a preset sequence I think..

Besides that, please note that his Rocktron All Acces is not a effect at all, it just basically controls all fx units in his (off-stage) rack.

so, what you thought was matt rocking the whammy, was him turning the octavater on and off?

no one even ever thought that and maybe you should read the thread b4 posting

Ehm, I've never seen Matt near his pedalboard during the MotP intro? Or did I miss something :stunned: It's just a preset sequence I think..

Besides that, please note that his Rocktron All Acces is not a effect at all, it just basically controls all fx units in his (off-stage) rack.

I knew that :happy: it may aswell be his effects REALLY :D

so its possible for his rocktron to turn the octavater on and off at set intervals right?

I R TEH WIN!

I knew that :happy: it may aswell be his effects REALLY :D

so its possible for his rocktron to turn the octavater on and off at set intervals right?

I R TEH WIN!

his rocktron has nothing to do with it. its a custom patch on the nord modular g2 that get motp's sound. thats it.

so, what you thought was matt rocking the whammy, was him turning the octavater on and off?

no one even ever thought that and maybe you should read the thread b4 posting

Do you mean the 'rocking the whammy' suggestion? Because i think someone had actually thought of that right at the start, post #2 i think. Maybe you should read the thread again. Or at least that post.

Other than that, it's all good.

Take care now, bye bye then.

Do you mean the 'rocking the whammy' suggestion? Because i think someone had actually thought of that right at the start, post #2 i think. Maybe you should read the thread again. Or at least that post.

Other than that, it's all good.

Take care now, bye bye then.

he meant about me saying turning the pitch shifter off, otherwise he would have addressed the person who said 'rocking the whammy' and not me, i think

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

MOTP is played in a more complicated way..

I wrote a letter to Rich Costey to ask him to explain me

what does he used for this song, and he sent me the entire

connection-diagram of it...believe me, we'll never play it like them..

The riff is simple, you just need a whammy and a sequencer-unit...

But the other parts with variations?..eheh..its not so simple..

Oh..i forgot..the line doesn't come directly from the whammy..it's just a part of the chain!

He asked me to not post the answer, in order to keep the song-secret.."secret":D

I can only say that signal is splitted in 3 ways..and they use 2 whammy, 4 synths

and multi-sequencer unit..have a nice nightmare now;)

I wrote a letter to Rich Costey to ask him to explain me

No you didn't.

I can only say that signal is splitted in 3 ways..and they use 2 whammy, 4 synths

and multi-sequencer unit..have a nice nightmare now;)

No it doesn't.

Rich Costey explained in a magazine interview that on the album recording it's all synth and no guitar.

When played live it goes through the red synth which morgan has on his keyboard rack, don't know the model or whatever. But there's no whammy involved at all.

Why should i post a false thing?

However...you can believe me or not, it doesn't care

To make yourself seem important so that people are clamouring to find out the "secret" from you?

Someone posted earlier in this thread the method that they used, it's overly complicated but definately not a secret.

To make yourself seem important so that people are clamouring to find out the "secret" from you?

Someone posted earlier in this thread the method that they used, it's overly complicated but definately not a secret.

*feels pround someone read their post*

but its definently no secret, or entierly that hard with the correct equipment...

...live, in its essence, its put through two whammy patches, one +1octave, one -1 octave, and they are basically turned on and off at set times through a laptop, thats basically it, ive tried it with my rp-2000, having to turn a +1 octave on and off with a soft-control button and it sounds pretty much the same, just obviously without the -1 octave and whatever distortion matt uses, i highly doubt there are any synths used, let alone 4

*feels pround someone read their post*

but its definently no secret, or entierly that hard with the correct equipment...

...live, in its essence, its put through two whammy patches, one +1octave, one -1 octave, and they are basically turned on and off at set times through a laptop, thats basically it, ive tried it with my rp-2000, having to turn a +1 octave on and off with a soft-control button and it sounds pretty much the same, just obviously without the -1 octave and whatever distortion matt uses, i highly doubt there are any synths used, let alone 4

Embarassingly I was talking about this guy :$

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=2491479&postcount=295

I don't need to do noise around me..

i just post my answer..then use it as u prefer..

i just said that you are near to the right answer, but

rich asked me to don't post the perfect connection...

And i'll do it...i am not 12 years old, so don't think i am joking in a forum

I don't need to do noise around me..

i just post my answer..then use it as u prefer..

i just said that you are near to the right answer, but

rich asked me to don't post the perfect connection...

And i'll do it...i am not 12 years old, so don't think i am joking in a forum

:stunned: