map of the problematique

dwydav

it made sense to me... seems like he basically set up a sequencer and hooked it up to three amps, I would assume one at normal pitch, one at -1 and one at +1, and he set the sequencer to cycle between the amps to create the rhythm

Yeah, that's the impression I've got.

In other words, Matt as per usual is doing everything the difficult way :)

depends what he used to alter the pitch though... somehow I doubt the whammy is the best sounding tool out there. if he used something that doesn't easily allow the settings to be changed, either remotely or with a sequencer, then that could have been the simplest way to get a decent sound

either that or he just wanted to use all of his amps at once :cool:

depends what he used to alter the pitch though... somehow I doubt the whammy is the best sounding tool out there. if he used something that doesn't easily allow the settings to be changed, either remotely or with a sequencer, then that could have been the simplest way to get a decent sound

either that or he just wanted to use all of his amps at once :cool:

Any form of pitchshifting I've used has been terrible, the whammy isn't actually that bad compared to others, but if it is the best sounding tool for it's job.....:stunned:

I'm amazed nobody has come out with a 24-bit pitchshifter, or something more powerful :(

Guest bshuker
I'd be surprised if nobody has released some form of computer software that could essentially provide a 32-bit pitch shifting effect

i think the eventide harmonizer is about as good as you can get. it's pretty damn accurate

easy to recreate, all you need is a whammy, midi cable and cubase. Set the whammy to -1oct and on cubase make a midi track and create 1 blank bar, in the piano roll create a controller lane for CC11 and create the rhythem in that controller lane like this...

pic.jpg

Then if you just play a C power chord it should sound like this

how do you setup the whole shit?