Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

going LCCC next year, was at wembley in 07, hope it matches up, im guessing it will if not better after looking at the LCCC, just need to be there days before gate opening times to get a nice pitch :)

mmm imaging mk ultra and micro cuts in this nice open space :O

in 07 i had seating tickets (:s) and we was being threatened by staff to be thrown out because we "stood up", wont have no problems next year with this :)

A few images that may interest people who don't know the cricket ground:

1. Events plan. Not sure if Muse will follow this. Pretty basic but gives you an idea of the shape.

Old-Trafford-Cricket-Ground-TT-2009.jpg

2. This shows the proximity of the tram station. You can just see the platform at the extreme bottom right.

old_trafford_cricket.jpg

3. A lower down view showing how relatively small the stands are as is usual at cricket grounds:

1302720_fe6b5ee8.jpg

See my edited post. It's Old Trafford tram station and NOT a mainline railway station. To get to OT by tram, you'd need to join a tram at Piccadilly for those in the middle of Manchester.

Oh good :D

The transport i already thought was Chorley > Picadilly > Tram to the stadium, so that stops me being confused :LOL:

Thanks

Hey, im thinking of driving there on the night from birmingham, is it easy enough to get to by road? anyone know?

I dont drive but here you go :p

I just put Birmingham in so it may not be totally accurate

1. Head northeast on Corporation St toward Newton St

0.1 mi

2. Slight right at Steelhouse Ln

443 ft

3. At Lancaster Circus Queensway, take the 3rd exit onto Corporation St

0.3 mi

4. Take the ramp onto A38

0.6 mi

5. Continue onto A5127/Aston Expy

1.1 mi

6. Take the M6 ramp to M40/M1/M5/M42/London

463 ft

7. Keep left at the fork to continue toward M6 and merge onto M6

15.2 mi

8. Take the exit onto M6

61.9 mi

9. At junction 21a, exit onto M62 toward M'cr (N)/Leeds/Bolton

9.2 mi

10. Continue onto M602 (signs for Salford/M'cr City Centre/M602)

4.2 mi

11. At junction 3, exit onto A5063 toward Salford/Trafford Park

0.2 mi

12. Slight right to stay on A5063

354 ft

13. Slight left at A5063/Trafford Rd

Continue to follow A5063

1.1 mi

14. Turn right at A5063/Trafford Rd

26 ft

15. Turn left at A5063/White City Way

0.2 mi

16. Turn right at A5014/Talbot Rd

Destination will be on the left

0.4 mi

Manchester, Lancashire M16 0PX

UK

Hey, im thinking of driving there on the night from birmingham, is it easy enough to get to by road? anyone know?

Be warned - the cricket ground may not have any parking of its own on the day so you may end up having to park at an unofficial car park and walk the rest of the way. The police tend to close several roads off around the venue when they have gigs so you're better off walking the last mile or so. Manchester United FC sometimes open their car park for gigs - that's about quarter of a mile away on foot - but lots of people will park there and it can be chaos getting out afterwards. I personally park further away when I go to gigs at LCCC and walk a mile or so.

Be warned - the cricket ground may not have any parking of its own on the day so you may end up having to park at an unofficial car park and walk the rest of the way. The police tend to close several roads off around the venue when they have gigs so you're better off walking the last mile or so. Manchester United FC sometimes open their car park for gigs - that's about quarter of a mile away on foot - but lots of people will park there and it can be chaos getting out afterwards. I personally park further away when I go to gigs at LCCC and walk a mile or so.

thanks for the info.

Seing as you go to the LCCC often by the sounds of it, where apart from man utd is a good place to park? are we allowed to park in piccadilly for a while or is that a nono? shopping centres that allow parking or what? man i gotta really look into this :l

thanks for the info.

Seing as you go to the LCCC often by the sounds of it, where apart from man utd is a good place to park? are we allowed to park in piccadilly for a while or is that a nono? shopping centres that allow parking or what? man i gotta really look into this :l

I've seen Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys and the Foo Fighters at LCCC. Everytime I get about a mile away from the ground there are loads of temporary car parks dotted about and signs indicating where they are. I parked in a school car park when I saw Radiohead, cost about a tenner.

thanks for the info.

There will be several "unofficial" car parks (bloke in a fluorescent tabard waving you into an office car park and charging you £10 etc.) in the area, or you could park in Manchester city centre and walk the rest of the way. Alternatively you could park on the other side of the Ship Canal in the Salford Quays area. There is a small multistorey car park at the Lowry Theatre which is about a mile or so from LCCC, but it is very busy if there is an event on at the Lowry so can't be relied upon. It is also sometimes closed fairly early if there isn't an event on at the theatre. Best option: unofficial car parks, or park in Manchester and walk the rest of the way, which is probably a couple of miles. Public transport and taxis after the gig will be a nightmare - the police close Talbot Road (the main road on which the LCCC is located) after events there as there are so many people milling about, and thousands of people queue for buses and trams. It's not the best of venues if I'm honest as it is a big flat bowl of a place with no atmosphere at all, and isn't the best when it comes to accessibility especially when their own car park is closed. At the moment most of the place is a building site as they're putting some new stands up.

Me. Got two tickets. This will be my first concert attendance since AC/DC in 1984. Nervous but excited at the same time. Any more oldies going?

I guess I'm technically an 'oldie' and I can't wait to see Muse again!

My first rock gig was Black Sabbath (with Ozzy) on their 10th anniversary 'Never Say Die' tour - It was ace! But two years earlier, I won tickets on a radio phone-in to see Steeleye Span! Since then, I've attended hundreds of gigs. Nothing beats live music.

Just had to get my own tickets just this very second because the people I was meant to go with, have split up. And I found out my supposed friend called me all sorts of horrible words behind my back. At least now I get to go with my boyfriend :)

Friends. Who needs 'em? >___>

I guess I'm technically an 'oldie' and I can't wait to see Muse again!

My first rock gig was Black Sabbath (with Ozzy) on their 10th anniversary 'Never Say Die' tour - It was ace! But two years earlier, I won tickets on a radio phone-in to see Steeleye Span! Since then, I've attended hundreds of gigs. Nothing beats live music.

I'm an oldie too, my first gig was Bon Jovi, Manchester Apollo in 1985/6 can't quite remember the year but it was touring their second album 7800 degrees farenheit.... In and out of love.... rocked!

Been to loads of gigs since and this one with be my 8th MUSE gig... :D

Me. Got two tickets. This will be my first concert attendance since AC/DC in 1984. Nervous but excited at the same time. Any more oldies going?

Oh yes, I'll be there. Got tickets, hotel and now flights booked (Good old Airmiles!) Over on the "Older" thread it's all about Wembley :( I think Manchester will be better cos it's not as big.:D

how easy will it be to get near the front of the stage do you think? Or is that something to just stay away from if you don't want to be trampled to death by people twice your height? :LOL: I've never really been to such a large venue before...

Archived