Barcelona Date Change

KirkBot

Seriously?

Who is in charge of this? £100 on flights gone - the prospect of it being on a Friday so I can get a long weekend away from work was awesome. Now its on Tuesday? when I've already booked flights for the Thursday?!?!

I'd have to get an extra 2 days off work which my mates wont be able to do and re-book a flight there. This is not acceptable. Why was the venue changed anyway? Ridiculous. Greedy fucking spaniards wanting more money out of it have ruined thousands of peoples holidays and they don't care.

This is not on, we should be able to trade the tickets for some in the UK for the people having to cancel flights and accommodation.

RIDICULOUS.

Agreed!

and in fact, you know how lucky it is i was on this site, 1st time in months - i would have just strolled up on the 27th happy as larry and not realised. What would they do then?

FUCKING BOLLOCKS.

Exactly. I'm well and truly annoyed

citizen_pb, I totally agree with everything you wrote. I'll do whatever I can to be in Barcelona on the 24th, but after that I'm never gonna spend my money in there again. Pretty poor athletes if their success depends on the place they will be training the last week before the finals..

I know its not Muse's fault, but out of the money they are making this tour - I think its only right that we get a full refund for the tickets, not just the fucking tickets but the booking fees and the stupid 20 euro delivery cost that was on a flimsy piece of paper that they call a ticket.

Then, my fucking accommodation, then my flight, booking fees and train tickets between stations and what not.

Muse are rich. I am poor. About 1000 people would apply for this refund if you show proof of all the above, this will only just make up for it because of the time and effort put into this is worth more than the amount I've spent

If they opened their pockets to the 1000 or more people in our crappy situation in UK with flights and stuff booked, they'd have to fork out about £150 x 1000 = 150, 000. Thats nothing between the 3 rich men. £50k each to say sorry, and I doubt 1000 people will even apply for that.

I think thats the LEAST they can do. That or bloody play somewhere on the 27th for the people who cant make it on the 24th.

SORT IT OUT - TAKE A STAND MUSE AND FUCKING ARRANGE A GIG SOMEWHERE ON THE 27TH OR GIVE ME MY FECKING MONEY BACK. SPANISH THIEVES.

and is there a reason apart from the fact that they've sold too many tickets for the original arena?

Surely they can just let the new people view it on the 24th there, and let the original crowd view it on the 27th in the original arena. Surely its still available? And even if it isnt - can no other arena but booked? even a smaller event for people who REALLY cant get there on the 24th.

There will literally be hundreds of people turning up on the 27th OBLIVIOUS to the fact, missing the refund deadline by ages and wasting a trip. What are they gonna tell em? they'll get fobbed off in some rushed spanish way with an abrupt 'get out - no muse tonight, you missed it'

Question: What is the point of a gig?

Answer: To allow the band's fans to attend and enjoy their music.

Question: What point is there to a gig where fans cannot attend?

Answer: None whatsoever.

The true fans go out of their way to see a band that they love. I myself have booked time off work, booked trains, flights and accommodation for Muse in Barcelona in May / June. 6 Months ago I thought it was set in stone. People further afar have spent far more from USA or wherever.

The irony here is that the true fans, the fans that go out of their way have lost out the most. Its like a giant slap in the face for wanting to go see the band they love.

So this thread is dedicated to the hard earned money and time wasted - basically a bitching thread. So, please state your...

Amount spent: £ / $

Time wasted: (hours / days)

I hate Spain because: (insert witty comment here)

Not all's wasted because i want to visit for my first time and at least the show wasnt completely cancelled. This is certainly disappointing as this was the highlight of my trip from los angeles but its not a total deal breaker as I scheduled enough time to make it work. I feel worse for people who will completely miss the show.

Amount spent: $1,000 with plane ticket, lost lodging, wasted train ticket + incidentals

Time wasted: This jacks up my time in madrid and makes for a shorter trip there. Luckily I have a friend in barcelona I can stay with and wear out my welcome with him:D

I hate Spain because: they like tennis.

and is there a reason apart from the fact that they've sold too many tickets for the original arena?

Surely they can just let the new people view it on the 24th there, and let the original crowd view it on the 27th in the original arena. Surely its still available? And even if it isnt - can no other arena but booked? even a smaller event for people who REALLY cant get there on the 24th.

There will literally be hundreds of people turning up on the 27th OBLIVIOUS to the fact, missing the refund deadline by ages and wasting a trip. What are they gonna tell em? they'll get fobbed off in some rushed spanish way with an abrupt 'get out - no muse tonight, you missed it'

When they moved the venue, I was so excited as I didn't get tickets for the original venue because I didn't see that my cruise time could coincide with Muse in Spain...so I was so excited when they changed to the new venue. I was able to change our flights for a change fee and Amex concierge was able to call the venue and get tickets held for me at will call. I added extra hotel nights and convinced a friend that hadn't seen Muse to go early.

I've been watching the other thread carefully, thinking we were in the clear. Nope. I think it is nice of the band to reschedule the date, but it doesn't help me as the date is before my vacation starts. I hope I can get a refund of the tickets and I hope you all have fun on the new date.

Amount spent: 80 euros for tix, $250 flight change fee, $250 for hotels.

Time wasted: 2 days of vacation

I hate Spain because: I can't afford to get there earlier than I was already getting there.

This must be a joke. How are you going to put a concert on Tuesday?. All the people coming from outside has to change all hotel reservations. I understand what you can not do anything but do not understand how such evil can plan something like that. It seems incredible

For me it is almost impossible to go the next day because I have two exams so thanks to the federation of tennis and the Palau Sant Jordi for fuck my first MUSE concert

@citizen_pb

The surface on this sport is a crucial factor, the ball bounces different on the three known surfaces. Most of the players perform better on a surface different to the Palau Sant Jordi's one, so the more you train on the court you are going to play for at least 2-3 hours, the best.

For sure there are other places where they can train, but it represent an advantage for Spain. The team would get used to the venue and surface, when the away team will have little time there, they can even ask for lights adjustment if it bothers them when serving (Argentina did so in last year's Davis Cup final when they were the home team).

You must understand that this is not a team sport, it can be a key thing for any player to perform in a venue without have trained there a fair amount of time, considering that tennis is a sport where you are the only responsible of your score/result. I mean, they will feel more comfortable than the Czech players. It always feels awkward to arrive to a place for the first time, and the Spanish side is not going to be that stupid and don't use the venue a week prior to the final to train and have that 'edge'.

That's why they must train on the actual venue for a week.

---

Now, I know that they are world class athletes, but small things still can bother them big time, and considering that this event involves so much money as you just showed to me, the fact that they under perform, lose or just simply have a bad time means a lot for a bunch of organizations, companies and the city itself.

You said it, this is big business, they don't give a shit about Muse and their 'Resistance Tour'. Sadly for you and those affected, this is important for Spain: The sense of belonging of the population with the team and Rafael Nadal is obvious. Nadal means money, he is an icon, most of the lads are highly ranked on the ATP, a victory from the team will mean that tennis schools will be full as fuck this winter, the Spanish Tennis Association will get loads of cash and reputation, Spain may settle as a tennis potency after their second Davis Cup victory in a row.

Would they postpone their training session for a Muse gig? I doubt so, look how many things are involved around this final, there's no way that the Tennis Association will give a damn about you guys spending hundreds of pounds to see Muse.

I'm not against the gig whatsoever, I would pick Muse over any tennis game any day, I was just trying to show you why they have done this. I know you may simply don't understand the reasons I gave you (As I would if it was me traveling and spending that much money to see them, there's no thing that should provoke a date change and ruin your plans), your frustration must be unbelievable, but this is always worth mentioning.

@citizen_pb

For sure there are other places where they can train, but it represent an advantage for Spain.

The Davis Cup final is good to Barcelona, no doubt, but I don't think the rest of Spain we'll see the benefits of all of this, honestly :rolleyes:

@citizen_pb

The surface on this sport is a crucial factor, the ball bounces different on the three known surfaces. Most of the players perform better on a surface different to the Palau Sant Jordi's one, so the more you train on the court you are going to play for at least 2-3 hours, the best.

For sure there are other places where they can train, but it represent an advantage for Spain. The team would get used to the venue and surface, when the away team will have little time there, they can even ask for lights adjustment if it bothers them when serving (Argentina did so in last year's Davis Cup final when they were the home team).

You must understand that this is not a team sport, it can be a key thing for any player to perform in a venue without have trained there a fair amount of time, considering that tennis is a sport where you are the only responsible of your score/result. I mean, they will feel more comfortable than the Czech players. It always feels awkward to arrive to a place for the first time, and the Spanish side is not going to be that stupid and don't use the venue a week prior to the final to train and have that 'edge'.

That's why they must train on the actual venue for a week.

---

Now, I know that they are world class athletes, but small things still can bother them big time, and considering that this event involves so much money as you just showed to me, the fact that they under perform, lose or just simply have a bad time means a lot for a bunch of organizations, companies and the city itself.

You said it, this is big business, they don't give a shit about Muse and their 'Resistance Tour'. Sadly for you and those affected, this is important for Spain: The sense of belonging of the population with the team and Rafael Nadal is obvious. Nadal means money, he is an icon, most of the lads are highly ranked on the ATP, a victory from the team will mean that tennis schools will be full as fuck this winter, the Spanish Tennis Association will get loads of cash and reputation, Spain may settle as a tennis potency after their second Davis Cup victory in a row.

Would they postpone their training session for a Muse gig? I doubt so, look how many things are involved around this final, there's no way that the Tennis Association will give a damn about you guys spending hundreds of pounds to see Muse.

I'm not against the gig whatsoever, I would pick Muse over any tennis game any day, I was just trying to show you why they have done this. I know you may simply don't understand the reasons I gave you (As I would if it was me traveling and spending that much money to see them, there's no thing that should provoke a date change and ruin your plans), your frustration must be unbelievable, but this is always worth mentioning.

In my opinion there is no excuses for this. They would still have several days for training in the venue even if the Muse gig would take place on the 27th. Or if they really are so stupid that they think that they absolutely need EXACTLY one week for the training, they should have honored the earlier bookings and booked another venue for the finals.

Muse haven't arranged to play anywhere else on the 27th so why not return to Barcelona and play at the original Pavello venue anyway? I suppose the problem would be that only the tickets originally sold for that venue would be valid and not the ones sold from 17th September onwards for Palau Saint Jordi.

^benit: i understand what you're saying, but you're just reinforcing my point... that they don't give a damn about ppl who have made plans for over 4 months and already spent money, not just foreigners but spaniards as well. sure, it's an important match, no disagreement about that, but the venue was booked already. it's not about what is more important but about who has already made plans. it's about common decency and not dicking around with hundreds of ppls holiday plans AT 2 WEEKS NOTICE!

in any case i just don't accept the practice argument. i understand sport and i like tennis which is why i think if they're claiming they need that much practice they're talking nonsense. the home team actually chooses the surface and spain chose clay because this is the surface they are most comfortable with, but apparently they still need a week of practice. they don't, they're just being selfish. no other sportsmen need that much practice in the actual venue no matter how important the match, they could use another court for a while and still have several days practice at the venue before the match IF THEY HAD ANY CONSIDERATION FOR OTHER PEOPLE!! That is my point, it's their lack of flexibility and respect for others.

anyway, i think we basically agree and you make the case respectfully so i don't want to direct any more of my anger at you. i'm just gonna put it down to experience and move barcelona to the bottom of my "must visit" list.

Archived