Barcelona Date Change

KirkBot

Hey guys. God knows I completely understand your position, anger and outrage once you've known the date change. Like many of you, I love Muse and I will be atteding to a Muse gig for the very first time. Not only that, but its gonna be my first gig ever. Im going to be attending Madrid's one, luckily for me, because I almost got to Barcelona's one. If I were in your position I see myself capable of beating the hell out of the first person to cross paths with me...

Having said that, I would just like to point out that its not Spain's, nor spaniards fault. Shit happens and that's it.

So, please, stop posting comments against Spain or anything spain-relate. If this thread is your only way to let go some of the overwhelming amount of rage you must be feeling right now, then so fucking be it and spit out the anger, but do not blame tho ones who are not to blame.

And that's everything I wanted to say. Now bring on the rage...

Tennis players really need to train several days before the match and making a tennis court takes more than a week, I don't see any problem here. The problem is that the venue agreed to bid for the Davis Cup when they already knew about the concert. It's their problem, not Muse's, neither the tennis players or the "spanish rubbish" as someone has said. The only thing I would blame on Muse (or tour management) is announcing the reschedule one month after the Davis Cup thing was announced.

I know it must be annoying as fuck to hear this news. But it is their national team, this is the final of the Davis Cup, tennis is a big deal in Spain. It is not that the away team is arriving on those days to practice to change the gig date (That would have been the lamest thing ever), but again, it is their national tennis team. 40'000.000 of Spaniards won't give a shit about a british band playing 16 songs on one night, and no country will.

I guess you're not living in Spain... you're quite wrong.

Good luck to all the ones having to change their flight tickets! And sorry for the ones who won't make it to the concert =/

This is fucking bullshit. I just organized everything flights + accommodation and now this... what the fuck? I want much more than just a refund... I am seriously pissed off. This absolutely unacceptable. What the hell? I can't believe they would do this. It had been booked for ages...if Muse can't provide some sort of compensation.. then the people who accepted the bloody tennis tournament must. This is fucking disgraceful.

Hey guys. God knows I completely understand your position, anger and outrage once you've known the date change. Like many of you, I love Muse and I will be atteding to a Muse gig for the very first time. Not only that, but its gonna be my first gig ever. Im going to be attending Madrid's one, luckily for me, because I almost got to Barcelona's one. If I were in your position I see myself capable of beating the hell out of the first person to cross paths with me...

Having said that, I would just like to point out that its not Spain's, nor spaniards fault. Shit happens and that's it.

So, please, stop posting comments against Spain or anything spain-relate. If this thread is your only way to let go some of the overwhelming amount of rage you must be feeling right now, then so fucking be it and spit out the anger, but do not blame tho ones who are not to blame.

And that's everything I wanted to say. Now bring on the rage...

No, I've got nothing at all against Spain, I love it very much. I also am not enjoying the Spanish bashing.

But rage against the farging Davis Cup....plenty :mad:

jesus christ, i'm so pissed off. the worst thing is that we can do nothing about it. I feel like punching the person who agreed to hosting the tennis tournament when it meant canceling an already booked show. And for fucks sake, why the hell can't they move it to another venue? You can't just cancel a show when you have nearly 20,000 people coming. And what the hell? If they knew about the Davis cup ages ago, they should have told us the moment they booked the damn thing. Regardless of that, MUSE should bloody sue their ass.

The problem about moving it to another venue is as follows:

1- Palau Sant Jordi is occupied with the Davis Cup as we all know.

2- Pavello Olimpic, the original venue, is now too small for the number of tickets sold.

3- Football stadiums are occupied helding the football matches. Specially the Camp Nou because the infamous Barcelona vs Real Madrid is taking place on sunday 29th.

4- I don't think there are other venues fit for the occassion. I don't know Barcelona that well so if anybody from this forum is from Barcelona and/or knows the city, may enlighten us about this point.

Well, no point in checking now - They bloody made their choice. It's unbelievable. This is not a small gig we're talking about, it's a big concert with fans coming from all over not just Barcelona. I'm sorry but if MUSE had any respect for fans, they would either not accept this at all, or say that they're suing them. It's the least they can do after so many fans have wasted money on flights and accommodation. I know it's not MUSE's fault but a simple "We're sorry" just won't cut it for me. Now I have to go and tell 5 of my friends who had also booked flights and accommodation. For what? To be told just 2 weeks before that they're sorry but it's moved. We obviously can't make it now - We each paid around 100 euros for the flight. That's a total of 600 euros wasted, not to mention the accommodation. Thanks a fucking lot.

this is a major fuck up. my respect towards muse just went down. I thought they cared about their fans, but evidently, a simple "We're sorry" 3 weeks before a concert is enough. And for heavens sake, don't you think these bands sign contracts with venues before starting to sell any tickets? Don't give me this beyond our control bullshit, MUSE could have either refused or forced them to find an alternative venue, same date.

Okay, so it turns out those flights aren't gonna work with timing in getting to the gig etc.

So to rebook and make it to this gig, I'm out of pocket 45 quid for the initial flights, plus 20 Euro for the nights accomodation I'd already booked - if I do indeed end up going, it's another 70 quid return flight plus another 20 Euro accomodation.....

Sorry, but this is not good enough. It really isn't. I know that Muse care about their fans, so I really do expect something to be done for us who are out of pocket a significant amount. I will be bitterly disappointed if something is not arranged.

Okay, so it turns out those flights aren't gonna work with timing in getting to the gig etc.

So to rebook and make it to this gig, I'm out of pocket 45 quid for the initial flights, plus 20 Euro for the nights accomodation I'd already booked - if I do indeed end up going, it's another 70 quid return flight plus another 20 Euro accomodation.....

Sorry, but this is not good enough. It really isn't. I know that Muse care about their fans, so I really do expect something to be done for us who are out of pocket a significant amount. I will be bitterly disappointed if something is not arranged.

I totally agree. Yeah, Shit happens but this isn't good enough. I wouldn't have been as annoyed if it had been arranged for another weekend night so there might have been the possibility of bein able to go. But its been moved which is Shit, moved to a Shit night which is shitter and so on.

they should make it up to us big style. Secret gig at our houses or an acoustic Jobby at a local pub. Lol not likely but we deserve better than an 'oops were sorry'

take us out for a meal/free gifts through the post to make up for the absolute guttedness we're all feeling.

i hope they read this and realise how Shit it is on us all.

its nearly two am and i can't sleep cos my mind is reeling and i gotta be up in 4hours for work x

Sorry to read about all your troubles. :( What a shitty thing to happen for all of you.:( I don't know what can be done but I hope somehow you manage to sort things out so you don't lose out too much and still manage to see Muse, probably difficult to do, I realise :(

its nearly two am and i can't sleep cos my mind is reeling and i gotta be up in 4hours for work x

4am now and I'm still nowhere near sleep. I know it's "only" a gig and they'll tour again etc., and to other non-Muse fans this sort of thing would seem like the most minor of minor things - but I set time and money aside for this and the thought of having to fork out another 150 quid or so is completely and utterly UNACCEPTABLE. "New date - we're sorry and we're not gonna assist those who can't make it now in anyway"..... honestly, what the hell??

:'(

I think, while it's totally understandable why people are angry and upset, this was something that was out of the control of Muse and their management. It's not their fault that people have arranged to travel long distances and arranged overnight stays in order to see them. It doesn't make it any better of course, I would be pissed off as well, but unfortunately things do end up having to be cancelled sometimes.:( This time it seems a worse reason (I don't know how a venue can really justify cancelling a prebooking whatever the reason) but if Muse had had to cancel through something like illness, people would have been in the same position. Maybe ticket agencies should have an insurance system like travel companies, but then of course that would push the initial price up.

PS Serious14, I noticed your post in the thread about the interview questions and you don't seem to be one of those people who goes out of there way to complain. I'm sorry for you that this has happened.:(

"They will not force us,

They will stop degrading us,

They will not control us,

We will be victorious"

As if!

I spent a lot of time trying to close a deal and find someone to come with me to the concert.

I was supposed to close the deal today, and I was ready to spend a lot of money to finally see Muse, because well, I live in Israel, I don't think they will ever come here.

I am furious,and I can even begin to imagin what fans that already pay good money are feeling right now.

I hope we will hear good news today...

Muse don't just accept this, RESIST, FIGHT

this is outrageous

It's just a shame - It's one thing canceling a show because one of the band members is sick, it's a completely other issue canceling a show just 3 weeks before because the venue suddenly needs to be used by someone else. To be honest I don't believe this beyond our control bullshit. Surely, they must have signed some contract before selling up to 20,000 tickets for a venue on a specific date. And even if there really wasn't anything they could do, the Davis Cup was confirmed quite a while ago - Why were we informed now, when it's almost impossible to change plans?

I bought my tickets from a reputable Spanish department store, so thought, hey that's OK so can't use the flight, hotel deposits gone but I may recoup price of the tickets.

Estimado Cliente:

Nos ponemos en contacto con usted para comunicarle que el Departamento de Venta de Entradas de El Corte Inglés,

no dispone de información en este momento, sobre la cancelación o cambio de fecha del evento al que usted hace referencia.

También informarle que tal como se indica en el proceso de compra de entradas, en varias ocasiones, antes de confirmar

la reserva hay que verificar que las entradas que se van a comprar son las deseadas por lo que no es posible realizar ningún

cambio o devolución.

Aprovechamos la ocasión para agradecerle la confianza depositada en nuestro servicios.

Atentamente

They haven't heard of the change etc.. no luck there.

Contacted the credit card dispute service who say as they as still providing the concert albeit on a different day they may have difficulty in disputing the payment.

This sucks big time and is no way to repay fans for the loyalty.

I have only just a moment ago received an email notifying me of this situation.

Thoroughly pissed at this whole state of affairs, flights and all other stuff sorted, only to be told at INCREDIBLY short notice that it's off. It's really VERY VERY poor.

I've never seen them play live and now don't know whether I'd bother in the future, it leaves a really bad taste this one for sure.

I'm happy enough to have a short trip to Barca anyhow, but for those on a tight budget, coming from very long distance, it is nothing short of complete shit and a massive disappointment. I'm pretty bloody disappointed myself.

I've never known anything like it in 25 years of going to watch live music.

This is UNLUCK.

We have made our reservations for months.

I m coming from Greece to attend the event, with three more friends. We have booked our flights from 25 NOV Athens-Barcelona, upto 30 NOV Barcelona-Athens.

We are to lose the event for 12 hours or so....

The airways company denies any chances of refund.

Muse and LiveNation don't seem to respond to any of these complaints.

And all of this because the Spanish National Team wants to PRACTISE in the venue at THAT PARTICULAR DAY.

And because the best alternative option was to be switching the dates, not the venue.

Are we to be addressed to someone?

Is there anything to be done with the flight companies?

Is there any possibility to switch the dates again, and just change the venue?

Is there any possibility our money dont get wasted, the trip cancelled, and all of our efforts to make it happen vanish into thin air??

Please, all we need is an answer.

You cannot just CHANGE such things TWO WEEKS before the event, and then disappear.

Unacceptable.

The fact that they have been ignoring all this negative feedback just goes to show how little Muse care about their fans...

Seeing how big Muse are, they definitely had some contract in place with the venue. It seems to me that rather than tell them fuck off and sort it out, they just settled for another date, without giving a damn about all the fans flying in who cannot change their plans so close to the date. I might be wrong but until they bother to give us a full explanation, how would I know?

I only just found out this morning (about 3 hours AFTER booking my accommodation this morning!!!) that the gig on 27th November has been cancelled and re-scheduled.

Super massively gutted doesn't quite cover the way I'm feeling right now.

We booked our flights back in June, just after we bought the tickets. It's not only a 17th birthday pressie for my partner's son, but also special pressie for my daughter, and we've been so excited now for months and months about going to this gig.

Great - we can get a refund on the tickets, but we can't get refunds on the cost of the flights, the cost of the accommodation, or the sacrifices we've had to make to get time off work etc, and to find out purely by chance 2 weeks prior to the event is very bad management in my opinion.

Whilst I appreciate that the basic situation is out of Muse's control, surely they could've managed their reaction to it a little better than this! From comments here on the Forum I'm guessing that rumours have been in existence for some weeks now (although I've been unaware of them) - no smoke without fire eh?? Other comments tell me that I'm not alone in feeling angry and let down at the lack of consideration for those of us who have booked and paid for tickets to travel to Barcelona. I'll certainly think twice before booking more gig tickets outside the UK in future....................

In order to compensate us for all the disappointment and wasted out-of-pocket expenses I'd like to suggest that Muse invite those of us that can't make it on 24th to be eligible for special VIP tickets at another future gig (or gigs).

a couple of links may interest you:

the first one (in spanish) is about people complaining about all this and thinking about what to do.

the second one is where you can write to the people who control Palau Sant Jordi (it means Barcelona's council)

the last one the mail of livenation

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=185966744616&v=wall&ref=mf

http://www.agendabcn.com/index.php?id=26&L=1

info@livenation.es

it's unbelievable what Barcelona is doing (and i live here). Incomprehensible that it's announced two weeks before. I mean...we're sorry for any inconvenient and that's all? no answer to the money we're losing? Has anyone write muse-livenation or anywhere asking about this?

Archived