Barcelona Date Change

KirkBot

Looks to me like Muse are paying less and less attention to their fans.

Whoever says it's not Muse's fault is missing the point completely. We know it's not their fault - But the least they could do is not leave us guessing as to what exactly happened and whether they even tried to find an alternative venue. They acted as though the only fans effected where locals from Barcelona who simply have to cancel their Tuesday plans and go then instead. What about those hundreds who paid so much for flights and hotels? Do you honestly think "Sorry for the inconvenience" is enough? Money doesn't grow on trees... I saved up to be able to see them and to be told just 2 weeks before is basically taking the piss out of us.

So yes.. Is it Muse's fault? No

Could they have handled it better? Hell yes.

Just read...

# MARILYN MANSON & THE PRODIGY KEEP THEIR DATES IN BARCELONA

Both concerts keep the same dates and time and there will be moved to a marquee in the Estadi Olímpic.

Makes me even more angry!!!!

the announcement emphasised that they "are still bringing their full show". obviously this was important to them when considering other venues - there probably isnt another one that can accommodate 20,000 ppl and the 3 columns, including badalona. i'm not sure a marquee would accomodate that either, otherwise they'd use it surely? i'm guessing that rather than playing stripped down somewhere else they thought a change of date keeping the full show is the least worst solution and i reckon most ppl going will agree, it just doesn't help us unfortunately.

Absolutely gutted about this. Booked tickets to the original venue as it's quite a small venue compared to the others they're playing on this tour. Thought it would be a nice treat for my OH and son too and a good excuse for a mini break in a lovely city. Have booked and paid for non-refundable flights (£210) flying out on Friday and back on Sunday. Also booked hotel. Cost a small fortune (£40) to get tickets mailed to me because I'm in the UK and didn't want to leave it till the day we arrived to collect them from the machine. A bit cross when I discovered that the venue had been changed to a much larger one to accommodate extra fans, when it was one of the reasons we booked it in the first place. But to change the date so close to the event has made me livid. Would cost £250 to change flights (fixed per person/per flight cost plus difference between price of flights when we booked them in June and the price they are now) and work commitments make it difficult to justify taking Monday to Thursday (no flights Tues or Weds) off instead of just the Friday we planned originally. So have parted with a total of £370 and would have to spend a further £250 plus another night's hotel accommodation plus additional spend on meals etc if I wanted to make sure of seeing Muse. Also now too late to buy tickets for UK venue, natch. Imo, they should never have changed the original venue for the sake of accommodating extra fans - there are always people who can't get tickets, whatever the size of the venue.

J:mad:

Don't know what made me check the site yesterday but what a dissappointment!! Just wanted to add my name to the HUGE number of fans travelling from afar unable to change their plans. Now have the quandry of waiting to see if there are any more developments or just trying for a refund - it doesn't look straightforward!! Can we expect any updates??:(

Very much doubt whether there will be any further updates. I'm appalled by the way this situation was handled. If anything, Muse should have immediately acknowledged the fact that so many of us have lost so much money and offered a full apology or better yet, offer something that would make up for it. Instead, they simply said "Sorry for the inconvenience" and never mentioned the topic again - case closed, for them. How very unprofessional...

They might be just too busy with the tour and such, rather then ignoring this on purpose. I really doubt that they would be lurking around here. Muse are not the kind of people who just " dont care " about this, but they have a pretty full schedule I imagine

at this stage I just want to see the show and get it over with, I was lucky enough to be able to change my flight, but after all this mess I just dont know what else to expect...

same for us .. We planned this trip with so much emotions and expectations, it would be our first Muse gig .... And now I can't enjoy it, 'cause I don't know what else could happen ....

I'm so angry and disappointed I cried. The e-mail from venue was brief and offered no explanation or apology. I have flights, a hotel and time off work booked. Moving the gig at such short notice (and to a Tuesday night of all nights) gives me no option but to get a refund. I've never been to a gig abroad and I was so excited, this experience has put me right off. I feel let down and disgruntled. Wish I'd kept my adventurous streak at bay and booked tickets for Glasgow.

I'm so angry and disappointed I cried. The e-mail from venue was brief and offered no explanation or apology. I have flights, a hotel and time off work booked. Moving the gig at such short notice (and to a Tuesday night of all nights) gives me no option but to get a refund. I've never been to a gig abroad and I was so excited, this experience has put me right off. I feel let down and disgruntled. Wish I'd kept my adventurous streak at bay and booked tickets for Glasgow.

think we're all disgruntled, at the flippant attitude and the short notice for me. Maybe muse aren't the people to blame but it would be nice to hear a 'we explored all other routes and this was the only option' .

Sent my tickets back for a refund. So depressing.

Muse should still come to Barce on the 27th and do a small meet and greet or something for those that are still goin to Barce but missin the 24th gig.

Muse should still come to Barce on the 27th and do a small meet and greet or something for those that are still goin to Barce but missin the 24th gig.

yeah right..

but they should! there will be many musers there on friday that missed the gig. would be nice for them to show up.

someone email muse managers and get the boys there on the 27! or at least play Bliss and CE on the 24 :p just kidding(but it would be amazing)

Maybe muse aren't the people to blame but it would be nice to hear a 'we explored all other routes and this was the only option'

This is what I've said all along... It seems to me like they just sent a quick notice saying "Sorry for the inconvenience" and it was case closed. Very sad considering I've always thought of Muse as being a band that really cares about its fans.

To me, it seems like Muse actually did a favor to people from Barcelona by playing the gig another day and not canceling it, but completely forgot about all those who paid so much money to fly in from other countries. "Sorry for the inconvenience" sounds like something you'd say to someone who now has to cancel Tuesday's plans, not somebody who can't do anything and just lost hundreds because of flights and accommodation that cannot be changed.

just checked again and it'll now cost me at least £200 to change my flights so i'm definitely giving this one a miss. fortunately i have london tonight and tomorrow and paris next week so it's only money i'm losing, at least i'll see them on this tour. but this episode has left a rather sour taste and i'll now think twice before booking to see any band overseas, not that i've ever had problems before. i'll probably use the money saved on the hotel to go to stade de france next year but spain is for sure on the blacklist.

just checked again and it'll now cost me at least £200 to change my flights so i'm definitely giving this one a miss. fortunately i have london tonight and tomorrow and paris next week so it's only money i'm losing, at least i'll see them on this tour. but this episode has left a rather sour taste and i'll now think twice before booking to see any band overseas, not that i've ever had problems before. i'll probably use the money saved on the hotel to go to stade de france next year but spain is for sure on the blacklist.

Awww sorry you have to miss it :(

Hope you enjoy it tonight and tomorrow--I'm going too;)

I have rebooked everything for Barcelona but at great expense...I'll be thinking of that next year when I'm too poor to go to any more shows :(

It's a risk you take with events such as concerts. Sometimes unforeseen circumstances come about and events have to be changed. The fact that this is so is stated on ticket selling websites, usually such in the form of "The event's organisers reserve the right the cancel or change the date of the event at any time" or something to that effect.

It hardly ever happens, but it has happened before and will happen again.

Just to rub more salt in the wounds, today i found out about the ATP Tour Finals in London.

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/en/home/default.asp

Guess what the dates are... 22-29 Nov. And guess who's playing in it... Rafa Nadal! And there's another Spaniard who has almost qualified for it too.

So on the 27th it's possible that half the Spanish team, you remember them, the ones who desperately needed a week to practice at PSJ, not anywhere else, but absolutely, definitely at PSJ for a whole week, won't be in Barcelona at all but will be playing, oh the irony, just a few miles from me in London. And if either reaches the final they won't be in Barcelona until at least the 30th.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Me too, got my flights booked from London and everything. Booked these tickets 5 months ago. To change the date 2 weeks before the gig is RIDICULOUS. I'm afraid you haven't covered yourselves in glory this time Muse, even if you claim it's not your fault.

We are absolutely gutted that this date has been changed at this late stage.

We have non refundable hotel and flights booked, and would never have chosen a long weekend in Barcelona at the end of November without the Muse gig. We have been so looking forward to this gig after a mess up over our O2 tickets.

Muse - if you are reading this , please , please consider putting on an extra date , preferably in the UK for all those who have missed out in this way. It is so disappointing and such a costly loss to so many of your loyal fans.

Just to rub more salt in the wounds, today i found out about the ATP Tour Finals in London.

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/en/home/default.asp

You're right. And bundled up with the fact that Muse have made no effort to explain what really happened...

I've accepted that I won't be seeing Muse now, but extremely disappointed with the way Muse management handled it - I guess Muse are a bit too famous to be bothered :(

Archived