Barcelona Date Change

KirkBot

PS Serious14, I noticed your post in the thread about the interview questions and you don't seem to be one of those people who goes out of there way to complain. I'm sorry for you that this has happened.:(

Thanks. I've normally nowt to complain about regarding Muse - it really has to be something awful to get fired up.... and it's a shame it came to this. I'd be disappointed on other people's behalf regardless, it just so happens I'd chosen this gig. Ironic thing is, I'd also tried to get tickets to Stockholm, Turin, and any of the French gigs.

*sad face* Some part of me still hopes that the band or the venue can sort something out....

We booked flights etc. etc. etc form UK specially to Barcelona to watch Muse over there as my partner really really is a fun of you guys......this is not fair. It was supposed to be a surprise weekend in Barcelona. Where can we claim? I

Thank you for your help. Annette

Wow this is beyond belief!!

I dont come on here too often but decided to drop by last night...thought the headlines about Barcelona date change was a wind up!!!

My partner surprised me with 2 tickets to Barcelona for my birthday last month and I was soooooo excited...I adore Muse but have never managed to see them live. Booked flights and accomodation couple of weeks ago....

Am now majorly stressed tryin to rebook the flights which it looks like can be done but at an extra £140!!!!! Im really against paying this extra and was all for throwing in the towel but have been persuaded to still go.....

BUT all this talk about changing the date AGAIN is really worrying me! The last thing I want is to spend all that extra money, rebook the flights then find theyve put the date BACK to the Friday....please reassure me that this wont happen before I change all our travel plans....

God they better be bloody good for all this stress theyve given me!!!!:mad: (Actually I know it isnt the bands fault - but a little in the way of compensation would be cool!) ;)

Maybe everyone who has planned for the 27th can get a free ticket each...

...to the tennis! ;)

Seriously though, sucks for you guys and I am also disappointed that the announcement was made in this way. Imagine if Wembley was cancelled because of a football match taking place...there would have been a war!

Expected more from Muse, its a kick in the balls for sure...

You poor, poor people :( I can only imagine how gutted you must all be feeling, it must be awful for you all right now, especially those with flights/hotels. But really, it's not Muse's fault - it's beyond their control, and the reason you're only finding out now, 2 weeks before the event is because they've only just found out. And of course they can't reply to complaints atm. Really, there's nothing that can be done, and I'd be willing to bet that they tried their hardest to stop this happening. Hope everything works out for all of you now x

Well I'm also in the position of having forked out loads of money to change flights and hotel and I certainly hope they don't change it back again!!

I like to think that they've been taking the time to explore all possible options and that changing the date was an abolute last resort. I think they know very well that of their fans travel long distances to see them.

And yes they will be good, they'll be amazing :)

Well, even if it's beyond their control, the news item they posted just seems like they're not really bothered about it. The least they could have done is explained what happened. Yes, you're willing to bet they did that. But why should you bet? They should have had the decency of letting us know exactly what they did - not leaving us betting and guessing whether they looked for alternative venues, whether they fought for it or anything.

To be honest I expected them to handle the situation much better than they did. "Sorry for any inconvenience caused" is hardly enough when hundreds of us have spent so much money on travel expenses. Surely, they must have been aware that quite a number of those attending aren't even Spanish...

Very disappointed both because I'll be missing the gig and with Muse...

Well I'm also in the position of having forked out loads of money to change flights and hotel and I certainly hope they don't change it back again!!

I like to think that they've been taking the time to explore all possible options and that changing the date was an abolute last resort. I think they know very well that of their fans travel long distances to see them.

And yes they will be good, they'll be amazing :)

Thanks Girl Afraid....well at least now I know someone else has changed their flights its kind of reassured me so I will go ahead and do mine.....

Grr.....god as if there isnt enough stress and doom and gloom at the moment!!!!

xxx:)

All this back and forth is ridiculous. Yes we are all pissed off they changed the date, yes they should've done more bout it. But if half of us is changing tickets, paying the enormous fees, while the other half is pushing for the venue change, we are all gonna lose out at the end.

FOR THE MUSE CONCERT ORGANIZERS AND BAND:

I just wrote before on the board and while I am trying to change the flights, I am getting really annoyed because this is not time to spend money like this. It is really a difficult time for people to treat themselves with concert tickets, flight tickets etc.( lots of your guests are going to be travelling to Barcelona on purpose of this concert...)..This is really no time to play with peoples money and interests...You should know it...

Poor organization and lack of interest of the Ayuntament de Barcelona in you as they have a bigger interest in the Davis Cup etc. etc. etc. etc. And poor organization of Muse Concert Organizers and Communication Team.

It would have been great to know the change a little bit more in advance...(3 weeks ago, since the final decision of having the Davis Cup final in Barcelona....).

Hopefully we can still go and hopefully you can make all of us happy again...at least, value for money...

Thank you for your atttention.

Annette

eberkut is right. Now that people are changing flights for the 24th, then they will definitely not change back to the 27th leaving all those who can't afford a change in flights... museless. In any case, it was unlikely they'd go back to the 27th, considering sites are now selling tickets for the 24th. This has been a disaster from Muse management. Very badly managed... An excellent ways to lose fans. Well done.

What I still found amazing is that I knew the Davis Cup thing like 3 or 4 weeks ago. As soon as it was announced that it was going to take place in Barcelona I read somewhere in the press that Muse, alongside other artists like Marilyn Manson, Depeche Mode or Prodigy could be very well afected because they had concerts set up in the Palau Sant Jordi too.

So from that day on I was almost daily checking this web expecting to see the band's official say on the issue, even though I am not affected by it because Im going to Madrid's gig and not Barcelona's.

Anywa, what I wanted to say is that maybe Muse is telling the truth and it is something that is really beyond their control, but I seriously think that they haven't managed this as good as they could. For instance, at the very first moment they knew, they should have made an announcemt warning people not to book flights and hotel reservations fro the time being and until the matter is clear, or an announcement telling people the bands effort to fix this problem, etc etc...

This way, apart from being a total outrage for the fans, it certainly looks like the band doesn't really care that much...

What I still found amazing is that I knew the Davis Cup thing like 3 or 4 weeks ago. As soon as it was announced that it was going to take place in Barcelona I read somewhere in the press that Muse, alongside other artists like Marilyn Manson, Depeche Mode or Prodigy could be very well afected because they had concerts set up in the Palau Sant Jordi too.

So from that day on I was almost daily checking this web expecting to see the band's official say on the issue, even though I am not affected by it because Im going to Madrid's gig and not Barcelona's.

Anywa, what I wanted to say is that maybe Muse is telling the truth and it is something that is really beyond their control, but I seriously think that they haven't managed this as good as they could. For instance, at the very first moment they knew, they should have made an announcemt warning people not to book flights and hotel reservations fro the time being and until the matter is clear, or an announcement telling people the bands effort to fix this problem, etc etc...

This way, apart from being a total outrage for the fans, it certainly looks like the band doesn't really care that muchThis way, apart from being a total outrage for the fans, it certainly looks like the band doesn't really care that much...

I think that the band themselves may have been a little bit busy touring, particularly as they hadn't had much time to rehearse and were still seemingly sorting out the final touches for the tour. Also it appears that in the last few days they may have been rehearsing MK Ultra too against the background of quite a large backlash from message board fans about setlists, not playing certain songs etc. It sounds like it has been pretty stressful for them as it is, so they may not have been avidly checking the progress of what was going on with the Davis cup in Barcelona.;)

noooooooooooooo :'(:'(:'(

i have tickets, flights and hotel all paid for.

The rumours have been circulating for a while but i thought if we'd got this close it must be ok.

Gutted :(:(

es increible lo que han hecho 4 meses esperando por este concierto, hotel, entrada y avion pagados y ahora todo a tomar por culo por un entrenamiento ...

NO ENTIENDO ESTA SITUACION QUE HAN GENERADO, SUPONGO Q HABRÁ MUCHISIMA GNTE EN LA MISMA SITUACION QUE YO YA QUE TENIA HOTEL ENTRADA Y VIAJE PAGADO DESDE HACE 4 MESES Y AHORA MANDAN TODO A TOMAR POR CULO CAMBIANDO LAS FECHAS, ESPERO Q TODO EL MUNDO TOME LA MISMA INICIATIVA QUE YO Y SE DIRIJA A LA OFICINA DEL CONSUMIDOR PARA PONER UNA DENUNCIA YO DESDE LUEGO NO ME PIENSO QDAR PARADO, TENGO PEDIDOS HASTA DIAS DE VACACIONES EN EL CURRO PA LAS FECHAS DEL CONCIERTO Y AHORA ME TENGO QUE JODER ... DE ESO NADA ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ MOVILIZACIÓN!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Muse haven't arranged to play anywhere else on the 27th so why not return to Barcelona and play at the original Pavello venue anyway? I suppose the problem would be that only the tickets originally sold for that venue would be valid and not the ones sold from 17th September onwards for Palau Saint Jordi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/guests/index.shtml

Muse will be performing on 'Friday Night with Jonathan Ross,' Friday 27th November, 10.35pm, BBC1. Other guests include Peter Kay, Jeremy Clarkson and Laurence Fishburne.

Could this be the real reason?

^i agree there's really no point blaming muse for this, i think they've done as much as they practically can. they've at least agreed to play on another date, which doesn't help the army of us who were travelling but it's a solution for the local fans. i imagine muse did look seriously at other options for the 27th but without joy. if you read the announcement you can sense their frustration as it's quite clear that the venue has forced them to move due to the tennis team "needing" to practice (note it's only the spanish team, not the czechs, i bet they won't get a week's practice). i'm angry about it all as well and will lose £150+ but i'm afraid the blame lies squarely with the venue, the city and the tennis team and their lack of consideration for other ppl, no question.

maybe muse could have warned us a month ago, but i'd already booked and i guess most people had, and anyway other fans had warned us in the bcn thread - they had contacted the venue and were explicitly told there was nothing to worry about so i'm not sure a muse announcement would have made any difference. i agree that the apology was the very least we could expect and doesn't help financially, but i'm not sure what else they can realistically do - perhaps a voucher for merchandise, a ticket to another gig of our choice, something as simple as that still wouldn't fully compensate but would be a nice gesture of goodwill. it's something for them to consider.

but for sure no-one is going to refund our travel expenses, it's certainly isn't muse's responsibility. i'd argue that bcn have a moral duty to compensate us - if they offered me some free accommodation i might settle for that to cover the cost of a re-arranged flight but since they aren't under any legal obligation i won't hold my breath. i'd write an email to the venue if i could be arsed and knew the spanish for fuck you but it wouldn't get us anywhere. no, i'm afraid we won't get anything but our ticket refunded and even then not the extortionate £25 delivery. i'm relatively "lucky" that i'm only down for my flights and ticket and i'll be going to other gigs - but reading some of the posts here it's clear some ppl have been royally shafted, losing £100s and ruining birthday presents etc. it's scandalous really.

what's personally annoying is i only chose bcn at the last minute having first chose madrid because that's a saturday, but then remembering how much i wanted to visit bcn because i thought it was a city with many sights worth seeing, great architecture, parks, restaurants and the ppl welcoming to tourists - that's probably still true, i just didn't realise the city was also run by a bunch of corrupt twats. personally i could rearrange my flight for £75 but frankly i'm really not in the mood to see bcn now. and they might change it again, who knows. no, they can go screw themselves as far as i'm concerned, instead i'm saving my hotel money and my days off work for another time and another place, and now look forward to going to paris next week, a city which in my experience doesn't shit on it's visiting music fans.

and is there a reason apart from the fact that they've sold too many tickets for the original arena?

Was that ever the case? I thought it was because of the tennis or something? Or was this gig originally moved from somewhere else?

Muse will be performing on 'Friday Night with Jonathan Ross,' Friday 27th November, 10.35pm, BBC1. Other guests include Peter Kay, Jeremy Clarkson and Laurence Fishburne.

No, because that is pre recorded.

Anyone personally blaming muse for this is quite frankly an idiot. I highly doubt these kind of things are under their control.

no, the show is filmed on the thursday and they're quite used to flying here and there between gigs to do TV shows. that's definitely not the reason.

@danpo86 Claro que hay gente como tú; gente que además ha sabido expresar su descontento con un poco más de cordura y sobre todo escribiendo en minúsculas que facilita mucho más la lectura. Entiendo que estés molesto, pero venir aquí en ese plan no va a solucionar nada.

[/spanish]

People have been pretty worried since the news about the Cup came out. I guess if they have decided to announce this now is because in the end there hasn't been an understanding, but I think people had the rights to be informed about how this matter was evolving. With all this silence, people have thought that finally there was no problem and the gig was going to take place anyway. I think that was the big mistake.

Slightly bummed since this was the main reason Im flying from Los Angeles, California to Spain.

Im only losing 14 hours of flight time one way, $800+ in plane fares, 5 days of work pay/opportunity cost, a cancelled renfe ticket and 1 cancelled night in Madrid.

But its cool, thanks for the 2 week warning.

Ill still be able to make the Tuesday show but it changes my inter-country plans. I empathize with the people who are totally missing the show.

With all the no-shows and refunds they're going to have to give they might as well just have it back at the original venue :mad:

I contacted ticktack ticket today and i've been advised that because they have already shipped the tickets to me, i need to be out of pocket even more and send them back to them, they will then only refund me the ticket price, so no booking fees, no shipping costs and no refund of sending the tickets back to them! what a disgrace! that means that me and my friends are out of pocket for at least 55euro, and would be the cost of our flights and accomodationm but we are still going to go visit barca - extremely disappointed though that the venue was changed in the first place, its just greed by the management if you ask me! aint hindsight a good thing!

Archived