Barcelona Date Change

KirkBot

e90fcc87-f7fa-4e1d-aecd-a57699bb8de4.jpg

Due to the Davis Cup tennis final in Barcelona and the practice arrangements of the Spanish national tennis team, Muse have unfortunately been informed by the Palau St Jordi that their concert date at the venue can no longer take place on Friday 27th November. â?¨

The band have therefore amended their touring schedule in order to make sure their fans in Barcelona can still see the show and will now be playing on the new date of Tuesday 24th November at the same venue. â?¨ â?¨

Tickets for the previously announced date will be honoured for â?¨November 24th. Refunds will be available at point of purchase until November 19th.

This situation is unfortunately out of the band's control and both Muse and Live Nation apologise for any inconvenience it may cause. Muse would like to assure their fans that they are still bringing their full show and look forward to seeing everyone for a great night.

Debido a la final de tenis de la Copa Davis de Barcelona y a los entrenamientos del equipo nacional español de tenis, MUSE ha sido informado por el Palau Sant Jordi que lamentablemente su concierto programado para el 27 de Noviembre no se podrá llevar a cabo en dicha fecha.

Por este motivo el grupo ha reorganizado su gira de tal manera que sus fans de Barcelona podrán verlos actuar en la nueva fecha del Martes 24 de Noviembre en el mismo recinto.

Las entradas del concierto del 27 de Noviembre serán válidas para la nueva fecha del 24 de Noviembre.

Las devoluciones se llevarán a cabo en el mismo punto de venta hasta el 19 de Noviembre.

Esta situación desafortunadamente esta fuera del control de MUSE y de LiveNation y ambos piden disculpas por las molestias que este cambio de fecha haya podido ocasionar. MUSE asegura que estarán ofreciendo su show completo y que están ansiosos de ver a sus fans en Barcelona.

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/537/barcelona-date-change/

Thanks for updating us. The majority of those going won't be affected too much as they'll live locally but this is really bad news for those of us travelling from afar. I already booked my flight out for the 25th and that can't be changed so I guess I'm screwed unless I want to fork out for another flight. I realise it's not the band's fault but it's a poor effort by the venue to give us only 2 weeks notice.

the more i think about this the more annoyed i'm becoming. i realise that shit happens and sometimes things get moved which is fair enough if it's unavoidable but this is piss poor for 3 reasons...

1. the gig has been planned since june so obv. some ppl have booked hotels and flights and stuff. you'd think they'd be sensitive to that and give the gigs priority - is there really nowhere else in a city as big as bcn to play tennis?

2. they give us only 2 weeks notice of bringing it forward by 3 days when we've all known for a month that the tennis would be there and during that time they let us believe nothing would change.

3. the tennis doesnt even start until Dec 4th - how long does it take to put up a tennis net!!! if muse can move their setup from one country to another overnight why do they take a week to prepare for a tennis match?

"both Muse and Live Nation apologise for any inconvenience" - i accept it's not the band's or their management's fault, i'm not knocking them, but for me and others travelling to the gig i'm afraid £150 down the drain is a bit more than an "inconvenience".

ahh that`s really sucks, i`m arriving from Israel for the concert and booked non refundable tickets to Barca game against Inter in that date. i can`t believe it!

does anyone know if there`s a chance that the date will move to a closer date to the previous one?

who can we complain to?

maybe if a lot of ppl will complain it could be changed...

damn, i`m pissed.

ahh that`s really sucks, i`m arriving from Israel for the concert and booked non refundable tickets to Barca game against Inter in that date. i can`t believe it!

does anyone know if there`s a chance that the date will move to a closer date to the previous one?

who can we complain to?

maybe if a lot of ppl will complain it could be changed...

damn, i`m pissed.

I don't think so, they have gigs already booked on 25th, 26th, 28th and 29th November... plus it's obviously already been decided and confirmed anyway.

Noooooooooooooo :'(:'(:'(

I have tickets, flights and hotel all paid for.

The rumours have been circulating for a while but I thought if we'd got this close it must be ok.

Gutted :(:(

OMG ! When you pm me I did'nt understood what you meant with "reeling with barcelona things " I just can't understand this situation . They should know that fans are notre just locals but coming from different part of the world

IT'S SUCH A CRYING SHAME

I think you should organise something with muse management to get refund of flights, trains and hôtel

Poor organization. Muse's concert was scheduled in the Pavelló Olimpic in the first place but livenation decided to change it due to demand for tickets. A Davis Cup tennis final is not organized in two days, if there was the possibility that the Cup was held in the Palau Sant Jordi, why change the concert? I feel bad for all of those who had flights and hotels booked :noey:

this is not the better way things are done, i feel so angry with EVERYBODY (i'm sorry but this includes muse too) that has organized this event because we are on Nov-8 and the new date is Nov-24 (2 weeks remaining):rolleyes:

Me and my girlfriend have the train tickets and the hostal SINCE SEPTEMBER.... No one cares about us... Of course our train money and our hostal money is not coming back :mad:

We are students and we don't have so much money to lose. In fact we don't know how to pay the new train ticket.:(

So thanks everybody :)

OMG ! When you pm me I did'nt understood what you meant with "reeling with barcelona things " I just can't understand this situation . They should know that fans are notre just locals but coming from different part of the world

IT'S SUCH A CRYING SHAME

I think you should organise something with muse management to get refund of flights, trains and hôtel

Awwwww, I feel terrible now that I didn't even say sorry you're ill :$

I have decided I'm going no matter what and that's that.

Why can't they play on the street the same day? it would be on all the news and they would a great favour to us.

I'm gonna loose lot of money, i'm really fucked.

SO COME ON, MUSE, YOU ARE RICH AND HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE BUT YOUR FANS! YOU CANT CHANGE THE DATE 2 WEEKS BEFORE!!!!

Its not fair for those who live far away. I'm going to loose my plain.....

does anyone know how we get a refund for the tickets?

me and my two mates travelling from UK, got hotel, flights etc booked and cant get the time off work the week before so looks like we wont see muse/biffy after all, however we will still live it up in Barca :p

Nadal > Muse

I know it must be annoying as fuck to hear this news. But it is their national team, this is the final of the Davis Cup, tennis is a big deal in Spain. It is not that the away team is arriving on those days to practice to change the gig date (That would have been the lamest thing ever), but again, it is their national tennis team. 40'000.000 of Spaniards won't give a shit about a british band playing 16 songs on one night, and no country will.

Barcelona was chosen as the Davis Cup final venue on October 10th 2009 and Muse Management let you know about this just today. It is not put up a tennis net and that's all. They are athletes and they need to train, follow a routine day in day out, get fit and get used to the court (this is key on tennis, they won't be training in other venue), set up your doubles strategy and a bunch of other things. It won't take a weekend.

I can't blame Muse Management for the date change, but for let you know people about this just 2 weeks away from the gig. If you, as Management, listen about this news, the least you could do is pick up the phone and ask them if this may have any effect on the date the band booked, considering this is an sporting event and it is so close to the match dates. (Which were given in March or earlier)

EDIT: I guess the news wouldn't have make much difference to those that booked flights/hotel if they announce this one month ago, but still.

They should have just kept it at the original venue rather than trying to be greedy gettin more money from their fans.

Well now thanks to this last minute change my friend and i are down lots of money and dont get to see muse.

So maddening how unorganised this has been. They should be doing more to rectify this in my opinion. They should go back to pavillo olympic (or whatever it was called) instead fo changing the date

They should have just kept it at the original venue rather than trying to be greedy gettin more money from their fans.

They should be doing more to rectify this in my opinion. They should go back to pavillo olympic (or whatever it was called) instead fo changing the date

this.

shame they can't do it now

Nadal > Muse

I know it must be annoying as fuck to hear this news. But it is their national team, this is the final of the Davis Cup, tennis is a big deal in Spain. It is not that the away team is arriving on those days to practice to change the gig date (That would have been the lamest thing ever), but again, it is their national tennis team. 40'000.000 of Spaniards won't give a shit about a british band playing 16 songs on one night, and no country will.

Barcelona was chosen as the Davis Cup final venue on October 13th 2009 and Muse Management just let you know about this just today. It is not put up a tennis net and that's all. They are athletes and they need to train, follow a routine day in day out, get fit and get used to the court (this is key on tennis, they won't be training in other venue), set up your doubles strategy and a bunch of other things. It won't take a weekend.

I can't blame Muse Management for the date change, but for let you know people about this just 2 weeks away from the gig. If you, as Management, listen about this news, the least you could do is pick up the phone and ask them if this may have any effect on the date the band booked, considering this is an sporting event and it is so close to the match dates. (Which were given in March or earlier)

sorry, but i totally disagree. all this noise about it being the national team and tennis being so important is a complete red herring. the tennis isnt until Dec 4th, they've only moved the gig because these world class athletes insist on training there for a week. what kind of athletes NEED a week to prepare in the actual venue? don't they have any other facilities in barcelona where they can train? i've never heard such total garbage. if muse can play in a different country every night can't a few tennis players practice somewhere else for a couple of days? if it's so important that they have to train on the actual court then i guess Rafa and his mates will be happy to refund our flights or pay for new ones. what do you think?

the fact is they don't give a shit, barcelona are happy enough to invite tourists to visit them, spend money in their hotels and restuarants, look around their city (all of which i was looking forward to doing i should add) but when there's a tennis match to be played then screw the tourists. it's not just foreigners there are other ppl travelling from all over spain and portugal too, and they've spent a lot of money already not to mention time planning. apparently they should just roll-over and say nevermind, it's the davis cup so that's ok then.

we all knew the tennis would be on and many ppl contacted the venue and ticket agencies about a possible change and were told not to worry. i assume the reason muse told us now is because they've only just managed to agree a new date. no doubt they're not happy about carting their gear from france to spain, and back to france and then again to spain in the space of a week. but i guess that's ok because they're not "athletes".

read this...

www.barcelonareporter.com

and you'll see this is big business, very political no doubt and a big status thing for the city. they'll be getting something out of it and the venue certainly won't lose out, the only people suffering financially are the fans, but as you say no-ones gonna care about music fans losing £150 or more. would other countries do the same? maybe they would or maybe they wouldn't, doesn't make it acceptable though. i didn't have to choose barcelona, i could have gone to any city in europe but i chose them because i've always wanted to visit there. well they can kiss my arse if they think i'm ever spending my hard-earned to visit them in the future.

as you can guess, i'm pretty hacked off about this right now so don't take what i've said personally. but i think you're wrong and this whole thing is a monumental cock-up and a massive f-you from the city of barcelona to all muse fans planning to visit.

Seriously?

Who is in charge of this? £100 on flights gone - the prospect of it being on a Friday so I can get a long weekend away from work was awesome. Now its on Tuesday? when I've already booked flights for the Thursday?!?!

I'd have to get an extra 2 days off work which my mates wont be able to do and re-book a flight there. This is not acceptable. Why was the venue changed anyway? Ridiculous. Greedy fucking spaniards wanting more money out of it have ruined thousands of peoples holidays and they don't care.

This is not on, we should be able to trade the tickets for some in the UK for the people having to cancel flights and accommodation.

RIDICULOUS.

Archived