Barcelona Date Change

KirkBot

I was incredibly upset :(, because I booked not only flight, hotel, but I've got a visa from 26/11/09, so, I could not have any choice, just to change date of flights and other things which were changeable. BUT, I will go to this gig, I've got a new visa, changed my flights, booking and so on and on, and on. But this is my dream, to be where, and fortunately I will be.;)

Hi

Just got back from a week away to discover to my horror the date for the Barcelona gig has changed. I booked this back in June for my partners 50th Birthday, we HAD planned to fly to Barcelona on 26th, 3 nights in hotel see Muse on 27th, so now my present is well and truly screwed, I have looked at moving flights, will cost £180!!!! I can't believe that this date has been moved with such short notice, can they do this, I have so far spent £500 for this trip to Barcelona, just to see Muse, we are from Teignmouth and saw Muse in September they were amazing, we have so been looking foward to seeing them again and now we wont, and I would have lost £500!!!!

IM NOT HAPPY.

Lorraine:(

help...has anyone successfully got a refund? I've tried but as yet had no confirmation. Who do you contact?

Hi, I requested to send ym tickets back, then sent them last weds and on sat had a confirmatory email form ticktacktickets.com saying they had received and would refund 80euro (2 tickets). Sorry I'm not much help, but if u haven't heard yet, I would phone whoever you got your tickets from.... its getting close to the 19th deadline.

Ha 2 hours too late for the refund. After a week of e-mails and being sent around in circles I was informed this morning that I could only get a refund over the phone (strange for the web based booking service that does not advertise any phone numbers) and was provided with a Spanish phone number. It took me until 9pm Spanish time to locate a Spanish speaking friend who could navigate through the complex Spanish automated phone messages...the phone line shut at 7pm GUTTED!

They had my request in writing - why was this not enough! I feel a letter of complaint coming along.

Im really gutted for all you guys who cannot go to the new date...and especially now some of you wont be getting your money back - that sucks bigtime.....:(

However....I was one of the lucky ones who managed to rebook flights and hotel ( at more expense which I was extremely angry about but thats passed now!) and we are off to Spain on Monday.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited about seeing Muse!!!! First time seeing them live and I just cant wait!!!

Have a great time everyone who has managed to reschedule - see you there (well maybe not but you never know!)

And once again commiserations to those who have lost out.....Hopefully there is some better news round the corner for you all....:stunned:

Ha 2 hours too late for the refund. After a week of e-mails and being sent around in circles I was informed this morning that I could only get a refund over the phone (strange for the web based booking service that does not advertise any phone numbers) and was provided with a Spanish phone number. It took me until 9pm Spanish time to locate a Spanish speaking friend who could navigate through the complex Spanish automated phone messages...the phone line shut at 7pm GUTTED!

They had my request in writing - why was this not enough! I feel a letter of complaint coming along.

i sympathise. i didn't even bother trying for a refund. partly cos i was waiting on the slim chance they might reschedule again, but also cos they only offer to refund the ticket price, not the original delivery cost which was the same as the ticket. so once i'd paid for a recorded delivery of my ticket back to spain, it was barely worth it. and that's not considering the risk the ticket would get lost or they'd find some excuse not to refund me. anyway the money lost on the ticket is a fraction of what i've lost on flights so it's the least of my worries.

I can't believe what I'm reading! I booked ages ago when it was at the original venue and only heard about this change when googling Muse in Barcelona and ended up on this site -but now the same thing has happened again with the date change. My husband is so disappointed - it was a 50th birthday treat. We've got flights and accommodation booked. Ok we can still go to Barcelona for the weekend, but November wouldn't have been my first choice. Looking at the rules and regs on the Ticketmaster website it seems I've left it too late to claim a refund as I should have notified them by 19th November, but why didn't they notify me! How did you all hear that the date had changed?

Im soooo annoyed at the moment, i only found out about this date change today and its really bent me over, i dont know what to do, i have no way of getting to barcelona for tomorrow! i really hope that as they only nformed me the day before i can get some kind of refund or tickets for another gig..... I hope

I live in the US and rearranged my entire Thanksgiving vacation to come to Barcelona just to see Muse. I just happened noticed the date change by chance as I was printing out venue info for my trip. Now it is too late for me to try to rebook a flight--I live too far away.

I have two tickets that are sitting at a concierge desk in Barcelona...is anyone interested? I have contacted the concierge and haven't heard anything back yet...but I should be able to sell them to someone else.

If anyone wants my tickets, e-mail me at <<cwilson.ire at gmail.com>> and we'll see what we can do. I guess I will also post in the tickets section.

^ I understand how you feel; I have friends who have tickets for that gig. But ask Muse to give you back your money is going a bit too far

I don't know if someone already responded to this or not...but how is it too much to ask for money back for a service not rendered? I bought a ticket to see a concert...I suddenly don't get to see this concert (through no fault of my own), so why should I still have to pay for it? Maybe it isn't Muse who is at fault, so maybe the refund needs to come from somewhere else...but I know at least some of my money is going to Muse...and I won't be there to see it being spent.

I just learned that the concert date was moved this morning--I am so bummed! I would gladly pay twice what I paid (on top of the plane ticket and hotel room) to see them in concert, but I shouldn't have to pay a dime for a concert I don't get to see.

I wish they would allow us to trade in the unused tickets for a ticket to another show.

oh well--guess I better start reading that Barcelona guidebook...I will have some extra time on my hands this weekend.

Im in the same boat as you, I started sorting all my paperwork out last night for the trip to Barcelona and it was only while trying to find out about ticket collection points that I found out about the date change. we are due to fly thursday and with work and kids no way could we change dates this last minute.

How can a concert date be moved and not all the fans that purchased tickets be informed? I have read Spains ticketmasters conditions and I know I have missed their deadline for a refund but there must be some way of claiming my money back. My husband is devestated and just does not want to go to Barcelona as we were only there last year and he will be thinking about tonights concert.

Is there anyone who knows where complaints or claims for refunds need to go as I can not find any info anywhere. What was the official spin on this and why were we not informed?

Any help greatly appreciated. All I can say is Im glad I got tickets to next year in Manchester but its a long time to wait! :(

I am seraching for the words to describe just who angry I am right now.

Booked 4 tickets for barcelona back in June as a treat for myself as my birthday is on 26th November. I just had a look on the website to get the details of the stadium and my heart sinks when I realise the date has changed.

Flight, hotel etc were booked months ago. There was never any hope of making the new date. I just had to call my brother and sister-in-law who were coming with me and give them the bad news.

The only thing that consoles me somewhat is the fact that I'm not alone in this mess. Other people have been caught out too and from reading the comments it looks like everbody is as furious as I!

Really unimpressed with Muse / ticket supplier over this. Reluctant to see them again now.

• 1 year later...

Archived