I read both yours and Lily's comments and I can see your point but did wonder about all the legal downloading which goes on which you have mentioned now, that would need to be addressed some how.

I personally wouldn't mind paying slightly extra on my broadband (rather than being switched off for illegal downloads), I very rarely download music (though I downloaded Uprising as it took so long to be released :p), but I do download quite a few films/tv programmes.

Once ISP's start cracking down everything will go tunelled SSL etc They would be fighting a losing battle.

yeah with regards to the actual issue i think the whole tax idea is pretty much moot because for it to be monitored people would have to opt in to it (as it'd be easy to get around like you say) and there are already revenue streams for legal usage and i imagine doing that by data usage (despite it making more sense) rather than per song would be confusing to the average consumer

Some of you think this was well thought out,

Who are those people? Please step forward...

but I swear I wrote it in 10 minutes after a few drinks without going too deep!):

That's normally where the best ideas come from.

srsly thought I wonder what prompted him to clarify his point on the board.

yeah with regards to the actual issue i think the whole tax idea is pretty much moot because for it to be monitored people would have to opt in to it (as it'd be easy to get around like you say) and there are already revenue streams for legal usage and i imagine doing that by data usage (despite it making more sense) rather than per song would be confusing to the average consumer
Besides, is it fair to tax ISPs for creating effective infrastucture? Wouldn't it halt progress right there and then?

Who are those people? Please step forward...

That's normally where the best ideas come from.

srsly thought I wonder what prompted him to clarify his point on the board.

He most likely doesn't want to be branded as an anti-piracy copyrightist (:LOL:) and wanted to clarify.

Archived