Having read Matt's post after the shock of seeing him actually use his account I'd have to agree that his idea is a good one, providing you could accurate monitor all the traffic each individual subscriber contributes, the nature of that traffic, and then bill them accordingly.

But it would cause problems when it comes to things like tracks that are meant to be free, for example, wouldn't it? I don't see how ISPs can discriminate as to when something is meant to be charged for and something that isn't. The labelling is a good idea if you can label data like that in a way that such labels aren't removed and are generated whenever tracks are ripped from CDs etc. Which would essentially be enforcing a kind of DRM, right?

Everything can be removed somehow, even if it was that hard to crack someone could just use a screen/sound capture program in the background.

Illegal downloading should have been tackled years ago when it was relatively small but now its so easy to do basically anyone can.

More to the point MATTY B POSTED!! :LOL:

I want to know if he liked my Showbiz parody :LOL:

I want to know why Warner took my very small clip of Supermassive Black Hoel off my Supermassive Thom Yorke video. I was not impressed. I was the most viewed Thom Yorke video at one stage. :'(

This would punish the very few people who use the internet and don't download illeagally.

True.

But for example, we pay massive amounts of alcohol tax because of a minority of drinkers causing mayhem so those who actually do things in the correct manner still suffer because of the actions of the few.

He actually reads the boards :LOL:

No his people read the board and compile a weekly report. He got the email this morning informing that there was a code red alert on here (this level requires a direct band member response)

I like how we all want to address the issues he raised but in reality we're just here to spazz about Matt! :LOL:

:LOL:

After all that's what we do best!

All I have to say is interesting: great in theory but in practise not sure that could actually be implemented.

Yeah I agree, this is what should have been done years ago. Unfortunately the record industry took too long in adjusting to the internet and the time has passed.

Good to see someone in a big band actually proposing something rather than bitching and moaning about illegal downloading or promoting it because its 'cool to rebel'

He actually reads the boards :LOL:

Well yeah. Lily Allen basically just acted like a whiny bitch who was jealous of people more successful/famous/relevant than her. This post actually a valuable contribution...

I want to know why Warner took my very small clip of Supermassive Black Hoel off my Supermassive Thom Yorke video. I was not impressed. I was the most viewed Thom Yorke video at one stage. :'(

Controlling my peeling for too long

Controlling my peeling for too long

Forcing my water to boil

Forcing my water to boil

Putting potatoes in the oven

Putting potatoes in the oven

They make me

Make me cook tea

They make me

Make me steam greens

Trying to feed you for too long

Trying to feed you for too long