What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Sorry, I respect everyone's opinion and everything, but how can you possibly make the judgement of Resistance being last? Hell, I can't even decide where to put The Resistance yet because it hasn't sunk it at all yet as "proper Muse material."

but i kinda agree

BHaR> The Resistance???? WUT?

Muse had the perfect blend of their own sound and pop on BH&R. For me, they sounded completely out of their depth on songs like Guiding Light and Undisclosed Desires.

EDIT: I can make the judgement of TR being last because it would have to be at least 100X better for it to even come close to BH&R, let alone their best.

Muse had the perfect blend of their own sound and pop on BH&R. For me, they sounded completely out of their depth on songs like Guiding Light and Undisclosed Desires.

EDIT: I can make the judgement of TR being last because it would have to be at least 100X better for it to even come close to BH&R, let alone their best.

hmmmm... i think in some way i'm still in a bit of denial about undisclosed desires.. haven't listened to it much.. and see guiding light thread for my latest view on it..

i wish they'd swapped UD and GL for some sort of Hoodoo equivalent..

stilll.. with more piano and US and MKU and at some points Resistance it's gotta be better than BHaR right?

hmmmm... i think in some way i'm still in a bit of denial about undisclosed desires.. haven't listened to it much.. and see guiding light thread for my latest view on it..

i wish they'd swapped UD and GL for some sort of Hoodoo equivalent..

stilll.. with more piano and US and MKU and at some points Resistance it's gotta be better than BHaR right?

I agree.

I hope to god they don't do another UD on the next album. Can that be it please?

How can so many people like the new album the best? It's not even REAL Muse! Real Muse had crazy guitar solos and rocking drums and bass with insane falsetto vox. In my opinion the list goes like this:

1. Origin Of Symmetry

2. Showbiz

3. Absolution

4. Black Holes and Revelations

5. the resistance isn't even muse in my eyes. matt's taken control and turned them into a pop band. there is no way to describe my disappointment with them in words.

5. the resistance isn't even muse in my eyes. matt's taken control and turned them into a pop band. there is no way to describe my disappointment with them in words.

True, it really did feel like Dom and Chris were in way in the background in this album, which seemed to start on BH&R.

How can so many people like the new album the best?
It's new and cool sounding and good. I do think it's their best album.

How can so many people like the new album the best? It's not even REAL Muse!

Of course it's REAL muse.

Real Muse had crazy guitar solos

US, MK Ultra? No?

rocking drums

Yeah well. You seriously don't hear "rocking drums" on the resistance?

bass

:LOL:

insane falsetto vox

There was no insane falsetto on absolution. Not that much. The only insane falsetto really is in OoS. And there are loads of falsetto vox on tr, I don't understand why can't hear them.

Of course it's just about opinions, but well I'm basing my own opinion now.

How can so many people like the new album the best? It's not even REAL Muse! Real Muse had crazy guitar solos and rocking drums and bass with insane falsetto vox. In my opinion the list goes like this:

:eek:

OMGYOU'RERIGHT! It's teh fake myooze! They've been brainwashed by teh Thought Police!

It's teh fake myoooze!!!!!!

It's new and cool sounding and good. I do think it's their best album.

Of course it's REAL muse.

US, MK Ultra? No?

:LOL:

There was no insane falsetto on absolution. Not that much. The only insane falsetto really is in OoS. And there are loads of falsetto vox on tr, I don't understand why can't hear them.

Of course it's just about opinions, but well I'm basing my own opinion now.

There's insane falsetto on Overture, that's it really, the rest just contains standard (but still good) falsetto.

There's insane falsetto on Showbiz(song) as well.

A pop band, of course, that three-part symphony on the end is just soooo fucking Twilight, isn't it. Gawd.

The three part symphony doesn't really fit in well with the rest of the album... which is pop. At least, more poppy than anything they've ever done. I'm not saying pop is inherently bad or anything, but it doesn't suit Muse, really.

^

:facepalm: i don't even know where to start.

Really? That must because you probably hadn't ever started listening to Muse until they came out with BH&R. I've been listening to them ever since Origin of Symmetry came out and I've been a huge fan ever since. This pop stuff is bulls**t. Where's the old drum beats and the awesome bass lines and crazy guitar riffs? They've picked up and left! I only hope they've not left for good, but to me, their new album was a major disappointment.

Also, there was a comment I just read a couple pages back about showbiz being the best produced. I agree completely, John Leckie did a fantastic job producing it. I'm a frequent poster on a forum by the name of Gearslutz and if you want to know about how it was produced he did a Q&A for people. It's a great site if you are interested in recording, editing, mastering etc..

Here's some of the threads about Muse:

Muse guitar tone

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/q-producer-john-leckie/406030-muses-guitar-tone.html

Megalomania organ

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/q-producer-john-leckie/405534-megalomania.html

Work on Origin of Symmetry

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/q-producer-john-leckie/402405-origin-symmetry.html

there's a couple others, but they're not as interesting.

There still are guitar riffs and drum beats and bass lines on The Resistance. I really can't understand why you don't hear them. Maybe they aren't as clear as in OoS for example, but I don't find that a bad thing. There really are lots and lots and lots of bands with guitar riffs and drum beats and bass lines, and I find it completely positive that muse are trying new things and evolving.

Pop doesn't necessarily equal bad. I do understand if you don't like it though.

Yeah well I was such a fan of OoS when being four years old :rolleyes: this age thing is so silly it's not even worth talking about.

I hear some real drum beats, as apposed to all the fake shit like hand claps and synthesized snare and kicks that matt throws in, but it doesn't do it for me. It doesn't feel like the direction Muse should be moving in. about a year after BH&R, I believe I read an interview where Matt stated that the new album would be "space rock" and it would have a 15 minute rock piano solo. Just where the fuck is that space rock piano solo is what I'm wondering here..

Archived