What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Did you like the middle 8 in Unnatural Selection? That bit, particular the trail of the solo, made me think that Muse REALLY need to do a lo-fi record like Showbiz again. I think they're even better at the raw sounding songs.

Yes, actually close to my favorite part of the album. :D

Hi there, I've been following this forums for some time, but now I feel like posting on them.

My order is, to my own surprise:

1- The Resistance

2-Origin of Symmetry

3-Absolution

4-Showbiz

5-Black Holes and Revelations.

:eek:

After hearing The Resistance three times per day on the internet while my iTunes LP doesn't arrive, I can say I finally decided: it is a better album than OoS. This socked me, as I never thought anything could possibly top OoS, simply because it has New Born AND Citizen Erased, one being my favorite song of all time, the other for being simply a kick-ass 7:20 classic.:rolleyes:

But The Resistance is simply better structured and more well-rounded as a whole than OoS, with no 'weak' or 'skipper' tracks at all. Feeling Good, Space Dementia (which I do like a lot, but I just skip it sooo much), Dark Shines... I'm looking at you. It flows better as an album, too.

What really makes The Resistance steal the crown from OoS is Exogenesis. God, that song is amazing :eek: It still isn't my favorite because I really do miss some 3 minutes of pure prog-rock thrown in the middle just for the sake of being the most complete song ever (also, I tend to listen much more to the rockier songs of Muse). But I must admit, Overture alone matches the depth of feeling I have with New Born, and while Cross-Pollination and Redemption aren't better than it, they expand this experience to 12 minutes of awesomeness that really couldn't be beaten if not by a 15 minute version of Exogenesis+Energetic-prog-to-symbolize-humanity-is-reborn.

I like Uprising, it isn't a melt-facer starter, but it is a good one that sets the mood.

I love Resistance, it is simply so much better of what I ever thought it would be :eek:

I like/love Undisclosed Desires. I don't mind it being different, it was great but I felt it could sound a little more epic, as far as love songs go.

I like USoE, it is great as a wacky experimental song, but was too short, there was too little time to develop (yes, I know it lasts 5 minutes :p)

I love Guiding Light, it may be slow and all, but it is just...too...POWERFUL...ARGH MY EARS!

I love US, the only I thing I don't like of this song is that it just isn't enough to best Citizen Erased :D

I OFMG LOVE MK ULTRA, if it lasted as long as New Born and had a bigger/better middle riff it would easily overthrow it

Exogenesis... I already spoke my mind about it :awesome:

That's my first post. If anything, please forgive my English :$

Absolution is by far and away my favourite album; there is not a bad track on there.

I would say that for the others I rate them all pretty equally. I've always found Hullabaloo to be the one I skip tracks on the most but that doesn't mean I think it's a bad album because there are some quality songs on it.

I've listened to the Resistance a couple of times today and I do love it but I don't believe it'll beat Absolution for me

I have no idea yet where The Resistance will be on my list. In fact, I have a hard time ranking the other albums. I usually rate OoS #1, but sometimes Abso, and unlike most people, I really like BHaR. That's probably because it was the first Muse album I heard. But it's likely it would've struck me as an odd album had I heard the older records when they came out.

Showbiz is pretty damn good. I've give it a 7/10. It's just a few tracks like Escape and Sober had the potential to be so much better, and tracks like Fillip and Overdue are just pants.

Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Falling Down, Cave, Showbiz, Unintended, Uno and Hate this & I'll Love You are all classics for me.

There were a number of comments which I was surprised at, namely how many people dislike Absolution. So I thought this would be a good, albeit obvious thread to do.

At this time what do people think is the best Muse album and why?

I would advise not answering the poll until the "honeymoon period" has ended. However if you're confident you won't change your mind, feel free.

Also what's everyone's least favourite record?

Favourite: Absolution; I like the greater emphasis on chillout songs.

Least Favourite: Black Holes and Revelations; I don't like the production.

I'm voting for The Resistance although i've only listened to Uprising and USoE but the stars seem aligned for this one to me. The cover art is my favorite EVER and this is the first time i've had to wait for an album, so i ought to be excited. The music also sounds like i'll it enjoy it a WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHOOOLLLLLLEEEEE lot:awesome:

I'm voting for The Resistance although i've only listened to Uprising and USoE but the stars seem aligned for this one to me. The cover art is my favorite EVER and this is the first time i've had to wait for an album, so i ought to be excited. The music also sounds like i'll it enjoy it a WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHOOOLLLLLLEEEEE lot:awesome:

Wow, you must be really confident to vote for it when you haven't even heard the whole thing! :LOL: I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Strange, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking as soon as I first listened to it. Just the slow, rubato-esque guitar whammying bits that Matthew Bellamy does in it really reminded me of the Muse of the past (in a good way).

That's the thing. Muse are better at writing songs now, but their production is a matter of taste, and my taste says "dirty guitars and stripped back acoustic pleeeezz!"

I still think OOS is the best album. But I have to say that Muse nearly hold their promises as they said they will make their best record so far with the resistance! It´s not as good as OOS but I think it´s made the second place

(hope my english is not too bad, I´m a foolish german guy ;) )

Showbiz is pretty damn good. I've give it a 7/10. It's just a few tracks like Escape and Sober had the potential to be so much better, and tracks like Fillip and Overdue are just pants.

Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Falling Down, Cave, Showbiz, Unintended, Uno and Hate this & I'll Love You are all classics for me.

Don't you DARE diss Sober and Fillip! :fear:

Falling Down? I dunno why, it always reminds me of a brazilian soup opera :p . I hate soup operas. But FD is OK.

I voted for Absolution, but I actually meant to vote for OoS. :facepalm:

My favorite song ever, Space Dementia, is on OoS, so yeah, pretty much a no-brainer. :LOL:

There are Muse's five studio album, in order of my preference:

1) Origin of Symmetry

2) The Resistance

3) Absolution

4) Black Holes and Revelations

5) Showbiz (even though I do like it :()

I know I'm the minority of BH&R, but Take a Bow, Assassin, Map Of The Problematique, and Knights of Cyndonia are way too epic not to make it my favorite album. Plus I am biased because it was the first album to turn me on to Muse :)

I can't make my mind up - give me a few years on this one.

BH&R was the album that knocked my socks off. I bought showbiz when it came out and then all the other albums when they came out. Always thought they where great. But it was BH&R that grabbed me. I went back and re-listened to all the previous albums and it was like hearing them fresh and from a different perspective.

I sometimes forget how good Take a Bow is. The first few times it give me shivers down the spine. I think it was the 1st time I really listened to the lyrics. Great music combined with world leaders burning in the eternal fires of hell - what could be better (in 2006).

So I am biased because it was the album that f***ing grabbed me.

For me Hullabaloo should be considered. The songs from OOS really come to life on that album, way more than the studio versions. For me, Muse are the best live band performing now and their music sounds better live. Even the abbey road sessions sounded better than the album versions.

I can’t comment on The Resistance as I haven’t heard it yet.

Don't you DARE diss Sober and Fillip! :fear:

Falling Down? I dunno why, it always reminds me of a brazilian soup opera :p . I hate soup operas. But FD is OK.

Ironically, it was Sober that first got me into Muse. Well Sober and Bliss. I think Sober was in Gran Turismo and I loved it at the time. However, looking back, I think a lot of songs from that game are pants and Sober only sits on the high end of that list as the least pants of the pants lol.

Ironically, it was Sober that first got me into Muse. Well Sober and Bliss. I think Sober was in Gran Turismo and I loved it at the time. However, looking back, I think a lot of songs from that game are pants and Sober only sits on the high end of that list as the least pants of the pants lol.

It is simple, but it works. I like it.

BTW, I forgot to mention I Belong To You in my first post. I love it. It surpassed my expectations. The clarinet solo is :awesome:

Archived