Exogenesis: Redemption Piano

Hedgeclipper

In the redemption part I'd rather see a change of key rather than occasional sharps

(and for some reason I'd say the piece is in Eb rather than D#)

Yeah, I'll go back and put keys in. At first I wasn't sure what key so I just used accidentals and I haven't really gone back since I've finished it, so I haven't done that yet but when I get the chance I'll fix that.

hey man, tried out the sheet music the other day, the slow parts are bang on but I like to do this:

- octaves on the single notes

- right before it goes into "let's start over again", instead of what you've got there I play B ,C and D octaves. To my silly ears it sounds like that's what he's playing.

The rest of the bit when he does get into "Lets start over again" doesn't sound right at all on my piano but it's impossible to tune.. I have a horrible Waddington & Sons piano but it's been in my home forever so thats what I use.

Ooh, Hedgeclipper, thank you so much for this! Redemption is my favourite part of Exogenesis and it's just unbelievably good to play it myself :) (Though the singing parts sound dull without the orchestra. I'll just have to imagine 40 people playing with me :p)

Thanks, I haven't tried it yet either *Desperately needs a piano here*

If you wanted to help me transcribe the middle bit of I Belong to You that would be much appreciated. The middle bit has far too much going on for me to easily do it with just my virtual online keyboard

Yeah, I'd really like to have a go at everything, Exo, IBTY, the organ in US. I don't really have time at the moment I'm afraid, I'm actually writing, recording and mixing my own song, which takes up my spare time.

But I would love to help when I get a chance.

EDIT: Fallen in love with Redemption all over again, I was without Internet and so did my own piano transcription, strings too. I'll fix it up and put in bass, vocals, drums to make sure it's all right before putting it on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hedgeclipper, have you listened to the instrumental version (go to microcuts.net)?

I'm trying to do a complete score of Redemption, but it's difficult to hear the piano in the middle (easy to get the chords though). But from the instrumental you can hear that it's semiquavers the whole way through. But I can't hear any other (lower) piano anywhere, so I don't know if I just can't hear it, the semiquavers are done on one hand, or both. And at the end of that bit, both hands seem to be doing simultaneous semiquavers, then the right hand does the bit leading into the main ending melody.

Your thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm finally done the transcription. It's for vocals (lead and backing), piano, bass, drums, violin I, violin II, viola, cello and double bass, as in the song. In the zip is a folder for the score, and folder with the individual parts (they're all bmps).

Exogenesis Pt 3.zip

A few points:

- If anyone finds any problems with it, please let me know. Some of them may be mistakes that I've done while refining the parts and moving between the individual and score parts.

- I've done this listening to the actual song, the instrumental version and the 5.1 split versions. This makes it much easier to hear backing vocals, bass, details, etc.

- From previous piano tabs, you'll probably all agree with me on the intro and outro piano. The middle section was much more difficult. The chords were easy enough, but by listening to the instrumental, and then eqing it to isolate the sound a bit more, I discovered that the piano does a semiquaver rhythm. It sounds weird on it's own, I know, but it's right and it works with everything else.

- The bass has been done in notation in the score, and is tabbed in the individual part.

- There is a drum part in the score- the notes there are how Sibelius does drums, I dunno if they're the same as real drum parts. The individual part is drum tab. I doubt it's too far off but I'm not a drummer.

- I'm very sure on the string parts. Most of the time a bigger problem was figuring out which string instrument was playing when it wasn't obvious. Parts that may not be right because of that are the main viola/cello melody that comes in halfway through the middle section- it's possibly viola and violin II, but I don't think so. Instead the violin II joins in with them later (you can hear that) and doubles the violin I part earlier. Please, comments welcome.

- In case you didn't know, con tenerezza means with tenderness, incalzando means getting louder and faster (which is notated anyway), espressivo means with expression, piu rubato means with more freedom (eg the slowing down at ends of phrases). I thought these terms were appropriate. con pedale means with the sustain pedal and senza pedale means without the sustain pedal.

- I used Sibelius 3.

-If anyone wants anything (like the chords or something), feels that something is wrong or would just like to say something, please comment. Enjoy

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I'm hopefully going to waltz to Part 3 (Redemption) for my Quinceanera, and was wondering if any of you know the time signature? I looked at some sheet music of it, here and other places, but I guess I'm a beginner because I can't find the time signature :p If I'm right...it should be 3/4 for a waltz, right? Anything helps.

I just want to waltz to part 3. I got an instrumental that is beautiful and yeah :happy:

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I'm hopefully going to waltz to Part 3 (Redemption) for my Quinceanera, and was wondering if any of you know the time signature? I looked at some sheet music of it, here and other places, but I guess I'm a beginner because I can't find the time signature :p If I'm right...it should be 3/4 for a waltz, right? Anything helps.

I just want to waltz to part 3. I got an instrumental that is beautiful and yeah :happy:

It's in 12/8, but it's fine to waltz to since the beat falls on every third note.

Archived