Exogenesis: Redemption Piano

Hedgeclipper

As the topic suggests, I transcribed a good portion of part 3 of Exogenesis, from the beginning up until the major vocal entry. I'm away from home, and don't have an actual keyboard or piano here, so I haven't been able to truly test it out to see how correct it is, but through the use of online keyboards and Noteworthy Composer, I believe I have gotten it mostly correct. Let me know of any problems, I plan to delve into the vocal part now, but thought I'd post this because it's pretty significant progress.

I might try to do the other parts of Exogenesis, but for right now, this is just for the third part of Exogenesis.

Enjoy.

Redemption.pdf

Have played it, and it's awesome. Thank you so much. :D

Just wondering whether you could transcribe either part 1 or part 2? That would be awesome. :)

if i was good enough id love to try it ! but im not ! i can only manage sunburn, lmao

Redemption is much slower than sunburn, you could probably do it

Dude, good job with the transcription!!! mostly everything is accurate except maybe a couple of notes in the climax before the "let's start over again...", but it still sounds awesome.;)

Thanks! I'll be sure to check that part out

Have played it, and it's awesome. Thank you so much. :D

Just wondering whether you could transcribe either part 1 or part 2? That would be awesome. :)

Thanks. I'm transcribing I Belong to You right now, but once I finish that I was planning to go back and do a transcription of part 2 and a piano reduction of part 1 so that the whole symphony could be played on piano. I don't know how easy that will be or how practical, but we'll see :)

Tab it on Guitar Pro for us n00bs can see what to play. kthxbi <3

The reason I don't do it on Guitar Pro is that it doesn't have (or I don't know of a way to) have bass clef and treble clef on piano at the same time which makes it more of a hassle. If anyone has noteworthy composer I can give them the file, or I can try to export it as a midi if anyone wants it but without redoing it there would be no easy way to get it on guitarpro. Maybe later..

The reason I don't do it on Guitar Pro is that it doesn't have (or I don't know of a way to) have bass clef and treble clef on piano at the same time which makes it more of a hassle. If anyone has noteworthy composer I can give them the file, or I can try to export it as a midi if anyone wants it but without redoing it there would be no easy way to get it on guitarpro. Maybe later..

You could use Multitrack View? ;)

The D#'s on the bass clef in bars 20 and 22 seem a bit off, I think it might just be a natural D?

I agree with Courtney_Muse as well, the build up is definitely octave chords and the B+D chord that starts off the build up doesn't sound right.

Even so, incredible work - I'm so glad there are people out there who can score music like this. Just need to learn it now :happy:

The D#'s on the bass clef in bars 20 and 22 seem a bit off, I think it might just be a natural D?

I agree with Courtney_Muse as well, the build up is definitely octave chords and the B+D chord that starts off the build up doesn't sound right.

Even so, incredible work - I'm so glad there are people out there who can score music like this. Just need to learn it now :happy:

I agree. Never thought I'd be able to play this tbh, but surprised myself :happy:

The B+D does sound strange, G+D sounds slightly better but I'm not sure...

Edit: Actually, the D#'s sound alright to me, it's just the B+D that's bugging me...

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this, college can get busy sometimes. New version updated with octaves in the build up instead of the awkward sounding chords

Hedgeclipper, great work. :D I think. :p, I haven't actually tried it yet. The middle bit would be difficult.

I was planning to like at some of the new piano stuff, but instead i've transcribed the bass clarinet solo.

Thanks, I haven't tried it yet either :p *Desperately needs a piano here*

If you wanted to help me transcribe the middle bit of I Belong to You that would be much appreciated. The middle bit has far too much going on for me to easily do it with just my virtual online keyboard :p

Yea i think the build up section is wrong, i think it should be octave notes in stead of two note chords

Going back and listening to it, I agree. Something in those chords sounded wrong to me, but I always thought it was the left hand, it does sound better (at least on my software) with octaves instead, Thanks :)

Am I reading it wrong? A lot of the accidental and sharp symbols seem wrong to me.

Can you be more specific? What accidentals seem wrong? I can try to fix them, any help is appreciated.

I think in bar 22 it's correct, but bar 20 does sound a little funny. However, I know that it's not a D natural there, even though it seems like it would be (try it yourself and you'll see what I mean). From listening to the song, I think a D# there is right, but with the D naturals in the right hand it does sound pretty awkward, but when I get the chance I'll play around with it to see if I can get it sounding better.

Redemption.pdf

Finished the first edition of Part 1: Overture. As of right now, it's all arpeggios, and as it turns out, I don't like that very much. In the future I'll probably rewrite it with the arpeggios in the left hand and have the right hand play the melody, but thought I'd share this anyway for those who wish to play it.

Enjoy :)

(Also, is there any way to change the title? I don't really need multiple threads for this, as it all technically is just sheet music for Exogenesis)

Overture.pdf

Nice one for the Redemption sheets mate, I'll have a look at overture wants I've nailed this.

I need to find away to fill it out a bit more really because it sounds so empty without the strings imo but as i said thanks saved me alot of time on this :D

Redemption is much slower than sunburn, you could probably do it

Thanks! I'll be sure to check that part out

Thanks. I'm transcribing I Belong to You right now, but once I finish that I was planning to go back and do a transcription of part 2 and a piano reduction of part 1 so that the whole symphony could be played on piano. I don't know how easy that will be or how practical, but we'll see :)

God must love you :LOL:

Archived