What do you think?  

791 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds OK.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

Just got a question for people who heard it but I noticed this was the set closer right before the encore on the Seaside Rendezvous gig last day. For the people who heard it, is Unnatural Selection anywhere similar to being a gig-closer similar to that what Stockholm Syndrome used to be?

Just got a question for people who heard it but I noticed this was the set closer right before the encore on the Seaside Rendezvous gig last day. For the people who heard it, is Unnatural Selection anywhere similar to being a gig-closer similar to that what Stockholm Syndrome used to be?

Nope.

I'd have SS or TAB any day of the week. If KOC was in there somewhere

For the people who heard it, is Unnatural Selection anywhere similar to being a gig-closer similar to that what Stockholm Syndrome used to be?

I think so definitely. It has the epic feel of stockholm and knights and with a few more listens I reckon it will b a live fan favourite. Plus i imagine there will b a few riffs added onto the end as with stockholm and new born.

I'm waiting for the album version. From the live version I do really like it, but it wouldn't even nearly get into my top 10 Muse tracks.

In fact the same is true for all the tracks so far. They've left me hoping that this will end up being my 2nd or 3rd favourite Muse album, but none of the individual tracks have blown me away. They've just been good/very good. Probably in the top 30 tracks, but nowhere near breaking into the top 10.

Thats how I feel. I wouldn't ever put this in Muse's top ten. And the riff people raved about is nothing like I expected. If I'm honest I'd say its recycled New Born but the anticipation I've had for this song and album won't let me admit it :LOL: I expected this song to blow me away, and its just good. 8/10.

Thats how I feel. I wouldn't ever put this in Muse's top ten. And the riff people raved about is nothing like I expected. If I'm honest I'd say its recycled New Born but the anticipation I've had for this song and album won't let me admit it :LOL: I expected this song to blow me away, and its just good. 8/10.

This.

This.

Haha, a more honest fan we have. So far the best of the 5 songs I've heard is definitely Resistance which is ironically the preview I HATED. That song is beautiful, melodic, and epic. It's hard to call rock music beautiful but that song fits the definition.

Resistance definitely caught me off guard with how good it is. The lesson here is don't have too high of expectations. (I had little for Resistance)

When I first heard Knights of Cydonia's riff I thought 'that riff sounds like a ripoff of both Hysteria AND New Born'. People seem to conveniently ignore that too, and yet before people heard it, when all we saw was the TAB, everyone said it was more than a little reminiscent of other Muse songs.

When I first heard Knights of Cydonia's riff I thought 'that riff sounds like a ripoff of both Hysteria AND New Born'. People seem to conveniently ignore that too, and yet before people heard it, when all we saw was the TAB, everyone said it was more than a little reminiscent of other Muse songs.

/agree, so long as you're pointing out that they probably won't seem all that similar in the future... (which I think you were...? :confused:)

I never thought that ever about KOC and still don't even after you're comparison. Idk what you're hearing, For one newborn goes up the neck in drop D on and knights goes down the neck on the A string with whammy bar....and hysteria....just no..Never before have Muse songs reminded me of other Muse songs. That stuff is left for inferior bands like Nickelback.

On the other hand its nice because they're not overdoing it or totally recycling their music this is just a throw back to the older era for fans that wanted it.

Archived