:LOL: Nice find there!

Having seen in the past EW mag, Muse is hardly on their radar of the radar of their readership; however Twilight is for them big time (as they love the latest fad) so I'm not suprised that they had to link to something their readers would relate to, hence the pathetic :facepalm: twilight non-existant connection.

i didn't know edward cullen is (snort) a queen fan.

:shifty:

*hands over lighter*

:p

in 3....2....

It's just getting ridiculous now, honestly. Is this an American magazine? I think writing things like that is lazy journalism at it's best. It seems to a lot of people in the media that Muse don't have their own fans, they just have Stephanie Meyer's fans. :rolleyes:

That's what I've thought also. It would be different if the journalists actually did some independent research on Muse and what they and their songs are about. But as soon as USoE is out they just jump the gun to relate it to Twilight somehow. I wish they'd just give Muse some credit outside of the realm of Twilight, but I have a feeling that won't happen....at least not for a while. A large amount of Americans have only heard of Muse through Twilight and I'm sure the majority of the journalists at EW, Us Weekly, People, etc. are part of that group of people.

gtfo.gif

:LOL:

Not a mention of the intelligence and knowledge behind the concept of the song, like The Grand Chessboard and that whole theory, or the treasure hunt, or even any mention of how the band are obviously talented musicians.

I just wasted about 20 seconds of my life clicking on that link and reading the ridiculous connection between USoE and Twilight. I'll never get those 20 seconds back. :rolleyes:

That's what I've thought also. It would be different if the journalists actually did some independent research on Muse and what they and their songs are about. But as soon as USoE is out they just jump the gun to relate it to Twilight somehow. I wish they'd just give Muse some credit outside of the realm of Twilight, but I have a feeling that won't happen....at least not for a while. A large amount of Americans have only heard of Muse through Twilight and I'm sure the majority of the journalists at EW, Us Weekly, People, etc. are part of that group of people.

:LOL: You should read what I said.

I Think this might be the angriest ive ever felt about muse and twilight :eek: i could put up with it before but thats just dire :mad: thats the single most horrible non existant connection ever !

who wants in on my plan ? basically we get all twilighter idiots together ( obviously the idiots in the media primarily ) at a twilight convention charge them £10 to get in ( yes were even making money off this :awesome: ) and then we set off an atomic bomb :happy:

i didn't know edward cullen is (snort) a queen fan.

Having read the books I thought he was more of a queen full stop :p

in 3....2....

:awesome:

We have ignition :dance:

They will not force us

They will stop degrading us

This is really disappointing news :( But it must happen to a lot of bands nowadays, they become associated with the it thing of the time, and from then on, that's all the mainstream media cares about...

[rant]

Muse were very unfortunate to be associated with something SO mainstream.... there is nothing wrong with an author liking a band a lot and using their lyrics as an influence... the soundtrack for Twilight is pretty much a mixtape made by the author for herself... I personally think SMBH doesn't relate/ coincide/ have anything remotely to do with Twilight.... it makes me wonder why it was even used. :confused: Oh that's it... go for popularity NOT relevance, my mistake :facepalm:

[/rant]

This news actually doesn't surprise me... it disappoints me. After 11 years of hard work, making a name for themselves, Muse are merely Stephanie Meyer's bitches in this crazy world of teen pop culture, and EW knows it :(

So Muse were mentioned in this weeks Must List-The Top 10 Things We Love This Week. Link to online version They were #9 with "United States of Euraisa". I don't have a scanner but here is what they said:

:noey: Ridiculous. I was so happy to see them actually mentioned in EW, until I read that.

I usually defend US press of Muse, like Adam Lambert and the VMAs, but...:stunned:

No words. :(

Archived