i posted this in banter too, but thought it was kinda applicable to here too.. so:

our comedy band, meercat funeral has a new song: 'make crotch will shake'.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=649298&songID=7596315

can stream it off the site above.. just click hifi. it took between 3 and 4 hours to write and record, its not serious, though you might be able to tell that by some of the stellar lyrics..

unlock the the refrigerator before you go

the baps are dry and the cheese is growin' mould

refreeze the beans by the lake, and my milkshake

make no mistake of my fruit cake, which i'll bake

with a steak

but i was wonderin' if you could hold me moby, come around and try to show me -

where's all my cupcake, chardonnay soup grapefruit suck my tight loop

rent a short hoop, spread your chin juice 'round my farm, my zip's been set lose

save all your freshest socks for later & shake my mole

don't spill the muffin in the crater, or stroke my pole

just so you know

touch my umbrella with your rake, make my crotch ache

don't block the kettle's intake, for simon's sake

& simon - you rock my flakes

'cause i was wonderin' as i was gettin' lonely,

hoping that some day you would blow me

shake your wet moose to my sick tunes, grab my caboose,

make it profuse

sweat your love juice, try to seduce all my friends in milky refuse

enjoy ;D

I listened to the new Industry song - Echoes. It sounds really good, my favorite song of your yet, and my favorite mix actually! If you don't want the obligatory critique look away now!!

The snare has loads of attack, but there are a couple of places where he hits it harder and it really stands out, because it has so much attack. I'd put a limiter on it.

The vocal sound's a bit weak, maybe it just needs turning up but it's not there at the moment.

There is a "hook" in this song, a really catchy melody on the guitar. You have it at the start before it goes into the verse, and then it seems to come after every chorus. I would have it running through every chorus, particularly as there's no strong melody to the vocals. Basically play that guitar part over the chorus and then get rid of the bit after the chorus. It works on the last one obviously, it's just the two sections are the same chord progression and go on for quite a while. If you work on the assumption that this is one of, or the most catchy of your songs, then you should really try to cut it down a bit. It sounds like "tearing out your creative soul man!" but it just makes it easier for first time listeners to get into it.

I listened to the new Industry song - Echoes. It sounds really good, my favorite song of your yet, and my favorite mix actually! If you don't want the obligatory critique look away now!!

The snare has loads of attack, but there are a couple of places where he hits it harder and it really stands out, because it has so much attack. I'd put a limiter on it.

The vocal sound's a bit weak, maybe it just needs turning up but it's not there at the moment.

There is a "hook" in this song, a really catchy melody on the guitar. You have it at the start before it goes into the verse, and then it seems to come after every chorus. I would have it running through every chorus, particularly as there's no strong melody to the vocals. Basically play that guitar part over the chorus and then get rid of the bit after the chorus. It works on the last one obviously, it's just the two sections are the same chord progression and go on for quite a while. If you work on the assumption that this is one of, or the most catchy of your songs, then you should really try to cut it down a bit. It sounds like "tearing out your creative soul man!" but it just makes it easier for first time listeners to get into it.

Thats why Adam > Drum computers

And yeah i agree with that! lol

Matt and chris are the ones that deal with all that stuff tho...

The cymbals sound like samples, but the snare and kick sound very live, especially as there's so much dynamics in the snare (I thought it needed limiting) and the kick is quite a dull thud (as opposed to a perfect sample) - not that I thought the kick sound was bad, it's all personal preference, I just thought it could have been live drums with some cymbals and some snare samples programmed on top.

Next couple of gigs:

Leicester - June 5th

Playing with Phase 4 / Liquid Insanity / SugarSnatch and Haz Mat

And APPRENTLY it's some form of battle of the bands where the winner gets £1000!

Were also playing in Maidstone for the first time ever on June 24th

l_2d624e24c72e426797d4dd87a15d4e60.jpg

First time in Maidstone...if you live close...please come! lol