put together a bit of a song today. tell me what you reckon. ill be putting in a shitload more work on it on monday and maybe tomorrow night, and it will become longer and become more guitar-y, but yeah...

http://www.myspace.com/andrewcrosbymusic

any feedback would be great

2 more songs up. one is just riffage + a click track, the other is semi-formed. tell me what you think/what you think i should do to them

any help would be awesome

cheers :)

http://www.myspace.com/the3rdstoreychemist

w00 one song finished, got bitcrushed handclaps in it :happy:

cd will be finished this week, just got to touch up a couple of the others. got another song finished, which i'll post up tomorrow.

dude, thats the kinda shit i would fuckin go mad for on a alternative night club, its really good shit! lovin the distortion, if your selling the cd, id take one off your hands!

dude, thats the kinda shit i would fuckin go mad for on a alternative night club, its really good shit! lovin the distortion, if your selling the cd, id take one off your hands!

cheers, that's the angle i was going for with a couple of the songs :)

unfortunately the cd may take a few more days than originally planned, had a gig tuesday and we weren't as prepared for it as we probably thought, so our time got put into that. but otherwise, anyone is more than welcome to one :)

http://www.myspace.com/andrewcrosbymusic

new song up called "onetwospitedance"

listen (i know nearly noone probably actually will listen, but i want you to :p) and please give me some constructive feedback :)

cheers

had a listen :)

well, as you want constructive feedback.....i thought the work in progress one seemed interesting, definately heard the muse influence, but that's no bad thing, if you got a proper drummer in and structured it alot better, you could have a cool lightning bolt meets white stripes thing going on there if you don't get a bassist in, i imagine it would run the risk of becoming too muse sounding if you did have a bassist involved though.

the other two songs, didn't feel there was enough coherence (?) between the various instruments, didn't feel like they gelled. thought the drum beat on onetwospitedance was cool, just need to vary it up so it's not the same beat over and over.

oh and a bit of reverb or delay on a piano goes a long way.....

had a listen :)

well, as you want constructive feedback.....i thought the work in progress one seemed interesting, definately heard the muse influence, but that's no bad thing, if you got a proper drummer in and structured it alot better, you could have a cool lightning bolt meets white stripes thing going on there if you don't get a bassist in, i imagine it would run the risk of becoming too muse sounding if you did have a bassist involved though.

the other two songs, didn't feel there was enough coherence (?) between the various instruments, didn't feel like they gelled. thought the drum beat on onetwospitedance was cool, just need to vary it up so it's not the same beat over and over.

oh and a bit of reverb or delay on a piano goes a long way.....

WIP1 is (at the moment) just random riffage. definitely very muse influenced, and i also drew on a bit of tom morellos style in parts of it. at some stage in the next little while im gonna sit down and really sort out some of those riffs into something a lot more organised and structured, and (hopefully) get one of my drumming mates to put down a drum track for it.

the minotaur will eventually either be shortened, or will be cut up and have some more guitar or synth put in, and i might work in some heaviness. i dont really know...

onetwospitedance (the guitar of which was, btw, heavily inspired by the 3rd storey chemist :p) still has work to be done, and ill probably be getting a drummer to redo some of the drums on that, and change the beat a bit.

i agree with the coherence comment. thats definitely something i need to work on a lot.

and the verb on the piano thing... how do you put effects on midi instruments? i cant work it out...

thanks heaps for listening and providing feedback! :)

coffee