Hey guys, my band have just finished recording a new song! It's a bit messy and needs a little work, but it's still listenable :). Enjoy!

Also, Olly, that acoustic song you put up is lovely :), have you got any more like it?

Edited by Alasdair C

Hey guys, my band have just finished recording a new song! It's a bit messy and needs a little work, but it's still listenable :). Enjoy!

Also, Olly, that acoustic song you put up is lovely :), have you got any more like it?

Drums are too soft, all I can say!

Guest Batman.

It's quite good, however I agree with the comments about the drums being too soft, plus I think that the intro drags on for a bit too long, I'd either throw another chord in there, or halve the time each chord is played for.

Yeah, we had to use sampled drums in ableton and they kinda got drowned amongst everything else haha. I'm looking into learning mixing and some production so our demos are better in future :).

If you go that way I'd advise to use eq and compression just to try things out. Use the eq to find sweet spots as to where the drums have room in the mix, and compression to make them a bit more punchy, not too much though.

at 2:20 it goes from a wide sound to very narrow, but the song actually picks up pace and power, it seems like it should be the other way round if anything...

but a great song!:D

at 2:20 it goes from a wide sound to very narrow, but the song actually picks up pace and power, it seems like it should be the other way round if anything...

but a great song!:D

haha yeah i noticed that but wasn't sure how to fix it! i'm new at recording and producing and all that. i'm glad you liked it though :)

OI ALEX

Is

the final recording of Hole In My Pocket?

If so, good. Dis is gud version.

Noooooooooooooo no no no no, thats certainly not the final recording! That was just a demo we did for the record company a few weeks ago.

Thats the new arrangment, but we haven't actually started officially recording yet, that'll come later in the year. When that time comes we'll have much much much higher quality recordings done in the studio. We actually did that recording stuck in a freezing cold practice room with about three microphones :LOL:

Calling it the official music video was more of a marketing ploy to get people interested, from what I understand :happy:

And to be honest, I don't really like this version. I love the new arrangement and I think musically it sounds good, but that has to be one of the weakest vocal performances I have ever given :(

Guest Batman.
Noooooooooooooo no no no no, thats certainly not the final recording! That was just a demo we did for the record company a few weeks ago.

Thats the new arrangment, but we haven't actually started officially recording yet, that'll come later in the year. When that time comes we'll have much much much higher quality recordings done in the studio. We actually did that recording stuck in a freezing cold practice room with about three microphones :LOL:

Calling it the official music video was more of a marketing ploy to get people interested, from what I understand :happy:

And to be honest, I don't really like this version. I love the new arrangement and I think musically it sounds good, but that has to be one of the weakest vocal performances I have ever given :(

Oh, I thought it didn't sound perfect soundwise, but musically it was spot on I think.

I don't have much to compare it with (what with you putting hardly any of your songs on youtube, you bastard), but I thought the vocals were definitely better than previous versions :LOL:

Oh, I thought it didn't sound perfect soundwise, but musically it was spot on I think.

I don't have much to compare it with (what with you putting hardly any of your songs on youtube, you bastard), but I thought the vocals were definitely better than previous versions :LOL:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded given the poor recording conditions, but I can't wait to get into an actual recording studio and do some really nice tracks. Cheers for the vocal encouragement though, still feeling a bit unsure about it but I think it's coming along nicely :awesome:

I know, I know, we need more shit on our YouTube. We have a gig on Friday so I'll drag someone with a nice camera along and see what I can do for you. We started rehearsing a new original today that will hopefully be ready in time, so you might get to hear that.

It's about sex, pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff :chuckle:

Guest Batman.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded given the poor recording conditions, but I can't wait to get into an actual recording studio and do some really nice tracks. Cheers for the vocal encouragement though, still feeling a bit unsure about it but I think it's coming along nicely :awesome:

I know, I know, we need more shit on our YouTube. We have a gig on Friday so I'll drag someone with a nice camera along and see what I can do for you. We started rehearsing a new original today that will hopefully be ready in time, so you might get to hear that.

It's about sex, pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff :chuckle:

Thankyou - I think it'd help a lot to be honest, because at the moment if people see you at a gig or something and like you, they're only going to be able to hear one of your original songs online.

Is it as awesome as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8Wlz_bKHi9s

Bit of a bipolar night, went from doing this....

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

To doing an acoustic cover of times like these here:

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

noiceeeeeee!

So bitches were requestin' more originals, and I deliver.

This is a pretty good quality recording we did at a rehearsal a few weeks ago of one of our new ones. It is just a rehearsal though so its not flawless, especially in the vocal department, but you get a pretty good idea of whats happening.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

Enjoy :)