[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/l0ngan/zimmer/s-tisjW[/soundcloud]

This is a demo I've done for a piano piece I wrote. Opinions?

/inb4themicisdistortedandthevocalsareshit

I like it, although it is very Musey. And apart from the end it really does stick around that same group of notes... It could maybe do with something to freshen it up in the middle, that puts your own staple onto it too?

I like it, although it is very Musey. And apart from the end it really does stick around that same group of notes... It could maybe do with something to freshen it up in the middle, that puts your own staple onto it too?

What strange is you say it's muse-y yet the name is a hint to it's inspiration :LOL: I don't actually play piano so everything I know is from experimentation. I will try to spice up the middle a bit though.

What strange is you say it's muse-y yet the name is a hint to it's inspiration :LOL: I don't actually play piano so everything I know is from experimentation. I will try to spice up the middle a bit though.

:LOL: I guess there's a Zimmer hint too. Muse just came to mind, especially in the verse

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Batman.
Not had anything much to post in this thread for a while but we're really proud of this track:

U-bngqnIti0

I really like that. Scared the shit out of me when the loud bit came in though :LOL: Do you have a Soundcloud or anything?

• 3 weeks later...

I like the, should I say, marxist edge your songs have with that overly present timbre on the instruments that play the section one could figure brass could be at. It is clearly a work of art in the sense that a non-educated person can get a glimpse into higher culture through your use of resonances that you've equalized with an interesting signal-to-noise ratio. I would recommend this to any friend of traditional Soviet rock music, because the Kino resemblances are quite lovely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Needs a fair bit of mixing and adjusting but this is the live take instrument recording that we did about two months ago for one of the songs. The vocals were just a quick take done on the NT1A/Tube Preamp we just got, just to try some things out.

Moved it two posts down

One issue with the recording is the very annoying transition with the guitar where it seems the guy recording us at the time increased the recording volume on the transition but as far as playing live goes I think we did okay, even though we don't like the drum kit we used all too much and for our guitarist it was his first time being properly recorded so there was some fright to be had. So a bit of work still, maybe some recording to do, especially vocally.

Next song we're doing will likely be with a bit of Kimbra influence. It'll involve a detuned acoustic/double bass to play the bass line... if it works :LOL:

Edited by Crowella

Gave part of your EP a listen. I rather liked it. First track has a very Foo Fighters feel to it. :D

I reup'd my last track here. Just had to give it a quick shine up and make it sound less dull. Was only a quick do up in Audacity but I'll have to hammer through all the tracks and do a proper mix later.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/adamcrowell1990/sagacity-n[/soundcloud]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
:LOL: sounds cool so far. Good riffs. Have you listened to T2L yet btw?

cheers, yeh I've listened to it over the last couple of days. It's weird, most of the album is a re-hash of other muse songs, except there's a pretty cool radiohead one in 5/4 and there's actually a rock song on the album, but it's with Chris singing?!?

It does sound amazing but... meh.

You know the dubstep one - I thought that genre was all about big fat bass synth sounds? I hear guitar synth but the bass seems to be right in the background.

cheers, yeh I've listened to it over the last couple of days. It's weird, most of the album is a re-hash of other muse songs, except there's a pretty cool radiohead one in 5/4 and there's actually a rock song on the album, but it's with Chris singing?!?

It does sound amazing but... meh.

You know the dubstep one - I thought that genre was all about big fat bass synth sounds? I hear guitar synth but the bass seems to be right in the background.

I know what you mean... Bits of it I love, the ones that are kinda radioheadish (showbiz/oos era muse lol) and other bits are shitty pop. I agree, Liquid State (chris's rock song) is probably my joint favourite with Animals (5/4 one), and i think the album generally lacks some oomph... Maybe if they had John Leckie producing with more high gain amps and some shrooms it would have been better, but I could have said that for every shit muse song. Unsustainable (dubstep) I think is really good. It's interesting in the way that they experimented in making electronic music with conventional rock instruments, but it does lack some beef, much like the other songs. Watch the making of the album if you've got time, its only like 25minutes and a really good watch!

inb4 "but not all good songs have beefy riffs".