"Musevangelists"

gocanux

so my roommate (not the naked one, the one who gives me grief about how most of my experiences lately start with "so i was on the muse boards...") says to me last night: "i listened to hysteria and i like it. i didn't like it yesterday, but today i realize i like it." :chaplin: yeah odd, but what did i do? showed him sections of the hullaballoo dvd (the slipknot part, the fishing part and the destruction of things from a golf cart part) he laughed and asked for the rest of their albums. (he already had absolution. he liked apocalypse please already) slowly but surely....

so my roommate (not the naked one, the one who gives me grief about how most of my experiences lately start with "so i was on the muse boards...") says to me last night: "i listened to hysteria and i like it. i didn't like it yesterday, but today i realize i like it." :chaplin: yeah odd, but what did i do? showed him sections of the hullaballoo dvd (the slipknot part, the fishing part and the destruction of things from a golf cart part) he laughed and asked for the rest of their albums. (he already had absolution. he liked apocalypse please already) slowly but surely....

I hated Muse when I first heard them too actually.

Guest Puppetmaster
Back when you were in Bloomington? Ohh, caramel apples are the shiznit. But that is so true Jan, so true.

Thanks for the teasing pics Mary and Jan...DJ, I think I had my first caramel apple in Iowa. I'll never forget that day! :p

They do get stuck in your teeth...and it's impossible to not look stupid while eating them. In my experience anyway. :LOL: Anyway, caramel apples are great and all, but I love cheesecake even more. :'( I miss cheesecake.

[rant]Yeah, sometimes the best way to get one into Muse is to show them bits of Hullabaloo or that BDO thing with Matt clapping and feeding/scaring seagulls instead of having them listen to a song. :LOL: Also, just a thought I had today when I was about to let a friend know OOS has been released and that she should get it. She's never been into Muse but she thought Absolution was a great album. Still, I didn't tell her about OOS. It seems like Showbiz and OOS would be more difficult to understand, for a non-Muse-fan anyway, because they're much more...Muse. Does this make sense? :$ My fave is Absolution, not because it's more universal but because it's the best, and I still like the two other albums. But like I said, for someone who's not into Muse, OOS is not the best album to start with. I remember when I was just starting to listen to them I couldn't even bring myself to listen to some of the songs on OOS. The New Born riff still annoys the hell out of me because it's sloppy, the Hyper Music riff is also far from being perfect...Matt's falcetto was also hard to put up with until I got used to it :D It's just these little imperfections we all have gotten used to. But to someone else they may seem annoying. Absolution is easier to listen to in this sense.

[/rant]

I hated Muse when I first heard them too actually.

me too.. I still remember it... pinkpop 2001 television broadcast. I was like, 'oh, they're supposed to be really good' so I decided to watch a bit. They were playing hypermusic. I switched after maybe 10 seconds. I hated it. I've often cursed that day because I could have been a fan from then on...

The next time I heard their music was when my friend had bought Absolution and forced me to listen to it.

The irony of it all is that I love hypermusic now. :LOL:

It all started with unintended, my best friend's gift to his gf... a wholde cd of "love" songs - for his defense, he was something like 15 at the time!- and she gave me the cd... I therefore fell in love with MUSE and had to know who the hell was singing.. i called my best friend and after threatening him I got showbiz - I know I am good at getting what I want ;)-

well you know the rest of the story, I got all into MUSE.

Then I saw them live and this is when everything started all over again... i fell in love again and had to share it with the world - sometimes, the world doesnt feel like listening to what i have to say, especially when the world is called my roommate who HATES TIRO and everything by MUSE ... so minus 1 for me ... wanted to get her into MUSE, well I failed!

then my sis, she likes them but apparently "they make her wanna die!" so I didnt really convert her , though she would go with me to a show, but at last she doesnt hate them!

last but not least , the one - very unlikely one, when you know her- my mom. True MUSE fan now thank to my little self! - I sent her an absolution CD from the US as a mom's day gift, very very selfish present as it was my way to make sure that I had a MUSE cd when I get back to Morocco...! My mom who only loves classical music loves MUSE, yes yes yes Ladies and Gentlemen I achieved something great ;) I can proudly announce that there is a MUSE mom in Morocco... she will go to a show with me as soon as they start touring again!!!! + 1!!

I just gave a burnt copy of Showbiz yesterday to my ballet teacher's son, I am waiting for the feedback and I will keep you updated ;)

Thanks for the teasing pics Mary and Jan...DJ, I think I had my first caramel apple in Iowa. I'll never forget that day! :p

They do get stuck in your teeth...and it's impossible to not look stupid while eating them. In my experience anyway. :LOL: Anyway, caramel apples are great and all, but I love cheesecake even more. :'( I miss cheesecake.

[rant]Yeah, sometimes the best way to get one into Muse is to show them bits of Hullabaloo or that BDO thing with Matt clapping and feeding/scaring seagulls instead of having them listen to a song. :LOL: Also, just a thought I had today when I was about to let a friend know OOS has been released and that she should get it. She's never been into Muse but she thought Absolution was a great album. Still, I didn't tell her about OOS. It seems like Showbiz and OOS would be more difficult to understand, for a non-Muse-fan anyway, because they're much more...Muse. Does this make sense? :$ My fave is Absolution, not because it's more universal but because it's the best, and I still like the two other albums. But like I said, for someone who's not into Muse, OOS is not the best album to start with. I remember when I was just starting to listen to them I couldn't even bring myself to listen to some of the songs on OOS. The New Born riff still annoys the hell out of me because it's sloppy, the Hyper Music riff is also far from being perfect...Matt's falcetto was also hard to put up with until I got used to it :D It's just these little imperfections we all have gotten used to. But to someone else they may seem annoying. Absolution is easier to listen to in this sense.

[/rant]

Ahh, cheesecake. Gotta love the Cheesecake Factory. That was quite a rant by the way.

Guest Puppetmaster
Ohh god. There's no crying in Musevangelizing! That's a rule. Off to school.

*wipes tear* Okay. It's just that...Cheesecake Factory is such a wonderful wonderful place. *sniff*

The death metal guy at college had a Musepiphany! Overnight! He asked me to bring him Showbiz and Absolution :D We were talking about Muse and I noticed that this goth girl was listening to us with interest so I gave her OOS and said (waving my hand a la Jedi) that she will like it. Bet she will. Also there's some pretty complicated Musevangelising ahead. I announced to a friend of mine, whom I got into Led Zeppelin a couple of years ago, that she should prepare for being converted into Musevangelism now. But she says she will never ever EVER listen to Muse just because the others listen to it. Stupid point, if you ask me. Considering she's stubborn as hell, this will take a while. But I will not give up. :D

*wipes tear* Okay. It's just that...Cheesecake Factory is such a wonderful wonderful place. *sniff*

The death metal guy at college had a Musepiphany! Overnight! He asked me to bring him Showbiz and Absolution :D We were talking about Muse and I noticed that this goth girl was listening to us with interest so I gave her OOS and said (waving my hand a la Jedi) that she will like it. Bet she will. Also there's some pretty complicated Musevangelising ahead. I announced to a friend of mine, whom I got into Led Zeppelin a couple of years ago, that she should prepare for being converted into Musevangelism now. But she says she will never ever EVER listen to Muse just because the others listen to it. Stupid point, if you ask me. Considering she's stubborn as hell, this will take a while. But I will not give up. :D

You're such a hard working young lady. Don't work too hard though. Here's some cheesecake for you.

cheesecake-marscapone.jpg

Guest Puppetmaster
You're such a hard working young lady. Don't work too hard though. Here's some cheesecake for you.

cheesecake-marscapone.jpg

The sight of a cheesecake first thing in the morning. :rolleyes:

It all started with unintended....Then I saw them live and this is when everything started all over again... i fell in love again and had to share it with the world ...

last but not least , the one - very unlikely one, when you know her- my mom. True MUSE fan now thank to my little self! - I sent her an absolution CD from the US as a mom's day gift, very very selfish present as it was my way to make sure that I had a MUSE cd when I get back to Morocco...! My mom who only loves classical music loves MUSE, yes yes yes Ladies and Gentlemen I achieved something great ;) I can proudly announce that there is a MUSE mom in Morocco... she will go to a show with me as soon as they start touring again!!!! + 1!!

Yas, somehow we must get all the MuseMoms and their Muser kids together for the next tour. And strong work, with a very unlikely conversion! I"m guessing B&H was part of your mom's Musepiphany??

so my roommate, ...the one who gives me grief about how most of my experiences lately start with "so i was on the muse boards..."

This just struck me funny, as it is similar to what my husband and younger son say about me, that I'm obsesses with Muse. Like it's a BAD thing....

This just struck me funny, as it is similar to what my husband and younger son say about me, that I'm obsesses with Muse. Like it's a BAD thing....

that can't be a bad thing! (though some of my friends think otherwise... aparently I'm driving them crazy together with Rijk...)

Manuella, I finally received the other poster - THANK YOU! The mail got lost and were sent to Mombasa insead. It's a wonder that it got here at all as Mombasa is miles and miles and miles away from South Africa. I'm going to sign my contract in November, and I'll give it to my boss then - Thanx again.

Manuella, I finally received the other poster - THANK YOU! The mail got lost and were sent to Mombasa insead. It's a wonder that it got here at all as Mombasa is miles and miles and miles away from South Africa. I'm going to sign my contract in November, and I'll give it to my boss then - Thanx again.

So nice to hear from you and you're very welcome Z...how on earth did it end up in Kenya? Me too, I'm surprised it got to you at all but I'm happy it finally did and hope your new boss likes it. :)

walmart is carrying oos. just so you know. but it doesn't have extra features or the muse tv thing.

I make it a point never to shop at WalMart. Their policies of low wages and denying people health benefits by giving everyone less than 40 hrs/wk end up costing more in the long run, as our tax dollars then have to go to provide health coverage for the "working poor". Plus, the place just kinda creeps me out. But I would have loved to see Muse in WalMart buying the bikes, and I do have that WalMart bike in my garage. I will have to forgive the lads; they're British, they probably don't know about WalMart's discriminatory policies.

Archived