2019.06.08 - Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK

forevermusic

Flying solo for this gig and not very familiar with Manchester. Can either arrive at 0900 or 1430 and then flight home 0600 next morning to avoid hotel. I've a standing ticket. Any idea from previous gigs what time doors open, rough stage times? Is it easy enough to get from airport to etihad? Might have to go for the earlier flight to allow for delays. Any recommended pubs to kill a few hours post gig before heading back to the airport?

On 5/14/2019 at 6:11 PM, Andy__2018 said:

Hi, I'm going to the Manchester gig and live nearby, a few friends going, anybody like to chat about it or join me or my friends for a drink before, thanks

What kind of tickets you got? Also, where are you meeting up beforehand and what time? I may pop by :) 

Got 1 premium bundle standing ticket for sale for Manchester with early access to the standing area, please contact me if interested. Face value £187, will accept offers. Will struggle to make it to the concert myself sadly due to family commitments.

Premium bundle includes:

'Simulation Theory' Enhanced Experience Ticket incl.
1 x standing ticket & early access to the pitch before doors
Access to Muse Mixed Reality Pre-Show Party, powered 
by Microsoft
Immerse yourself in three virtual reality games based on songs from Muse's new album, Simulation Theory 
Interactive photo opportunities
Hors d oeuvres and cash bar
1 x Enhanced Experience show-specific poster
1 x 'Thought Contagion' retro lunchbox
Dedicated venue entrance with early merchandise shopping before general doors
On-site Enhanced 
Experience Host

Premium Bundle Ticket incl. 
- One (1) general admission floor ticket to see Muse live with early access to the floor before doors
- One (1) Muse 2019 Enhanced Experience show-specific poster
- One (1) collectible 'Thought Contagion' retro lunchbox
- Dedicated venue entrance with early merchandise shopping before general doors 
- Dedicated check-in staff

Quick question this will be my 23rd Muse gig and I’m looking forward to this, I’ve never been to Ethiad for a concert. Wondering how long to give to get parked gain entry and a pint etc.

got an engagement in the afternoon so I was thinking leaving Chester at 4 for a probable support band start of 7.30pm what’s your thoughts?

I also second the question about timings, will there be one or two supporting bands? When will Muse start? I have a small baby (never left her for so long yet) so would prefer to leave later and skip supporting bands. Maybe somebody who visited recent gigs can help?

10 minutes ago, flowerwalkable said:

I also second the question about timings, will there be one or two supporting bands? When will Muse start? I have a small baby (never left her for so long yet) so would prefer to leave later and skip supporting bands. Maybe somebody who visited recent gigs can help?

This is me too! Leaving a 5 week old with grandma in the hotel!

Muse will start around 8.30. We are getting there around 7.30 I think.

9 hours ago, DrMattLawson said:

This is me too! Leaving a 5 week old with grandma in the hotel!

Muse will start around 8.30. We are getting there around 7.30 I think.

Thank you the info! Well done you, mine is quite a lot older but still it is all very worrying!

Golden Circle - what’s the deal?

So both UK shows so far have a Golden Circle which I’m guessing is primarily for VIP ticket holders. However, according to Twitter on Saturday for the London gig, wristbands for the GC were being given out on a ‘first come first serve’ basis (presumably because they wanted it to look full if not all the VIP tickets were sold?).

At Bristol tonight the GC seemed to be filling up quite slowly. I’d like to try and get in there on Saturday but don’t how straightforward it will prove to be (if it’s even possible). Does anybody know of anyone who managed to get in without a VIP ticket and how easy it was?

If they were been given out to anyone I’m sure those that bought the more expensive tickets wouldn’t be best pleased! 

6 minutes ago, NoSurprisesPlease said:

So the weather for the Saturday is looking pretty bad in Mancland.

I’m beginning to wonder just how bad it would need to be for them to call it off on the grounds of either health and safety or damaging equipment. 

Does the Etihad Stadium’s roof close?

No, the roof doesn't close.

12 hours ago, FuseHelium3 said:

Golden Circle - what’s the deal?

So both UK shows so far have a Golden Circle which I’m guessing is primarily for VIP ticket holders. However, according to Twitter on Saturday for the London gig, wristbands for the GC were being given out on a ‘first come first serve’ basis (presumably because they wanted it to look full if not all the VIP tickets were sold?).

At Bristol tonight the GC seemed to be filling up quite slowly. I’d like to try and get in there on Saturday but don’t how straightforward it will prove to be (if it’s even possible). Does anybody know of anyone who managed to get in without a VIP ticket and how easy it was?

If they were been given out to anyone I’m sure those that bought the more expensive tickets wouldn’t be best pleased! 

I was in seats close to the GC on Chris’ side last night, and people were being let in until 10 mins before Muse. Despite being a GC though, if you’re at the back the view would be lousy. 

Look how empty the back half of the GC is when Muse started.

8A5BF893-3EE7-4DE8-8EDD-AD842E6973B7.jpeg

On 6/4/2019 at 3:37 PM, thatmusicismylife said:

Portable chargers are banned from the stadium. Anyone know a 24/7 locker in the city centre? 

I took a portable charger with me to the Etihad at Foo Fighters and OTR II, you should be fine. Maybe buy a cheap on you don't mind chucking just in case :) 

6 hours ago, NoSurprisesPlease said:

I’m beginning to wonder just how bad it would need to be for them to call it off on the grounds of either health and safety or damaging equipment. 

Does the Etihad Stadium’s roof close?

Is this a possibility?! 

6 hours ago, NoSurprisesPlease said:

Typical pissin' manchester! Best take a rain coat... now i'm definitely going to stay seated until the encore, scanning the crowd for the best mosh pits for the metal medley \m/

Did we ever hear any more about the "safe walking route" between Picc. station and the stadium in that travel survey email we got?

Happy to walk it (if it's not peeing it down), but with all due respect, it's not the most salubrious part of Manchester en route, so feeling apprehensive. For those that know Manchester, is Travis Street, Every Street, and Ashton New Road the best bet from the station? My justification is that the trams will be rammed, I reckon.

Obviously if it's piddling down, we'll get the tram.

1 hour ago, DrMattLawson said:

Did we ever hear any more about the "safe walking route" between Picc. station and the stadium in that travel survey email we got?

Happy to walk it (if it's not peeing it down), but with all due respect, it's not the most salubrious part of Manchester en route, so feeling apprehensive. For those that know Manchester, is Travis Street, Every Street, and Ashton New Road the best bet from the station? My justification is that the trams will be rammed, I reckon.

Obviously if it's piddling down, we'll get the tram.

Go Travis street - A662 - Merrill street - Ashton New Rd.  it's all regenerated that way, used to do that walk from piccadilly daily.