2019.06.08 - Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK

forevermusic

Well it looks like I’m going. It’s unbelievable but it’s gonna be my first muse gig considering how long I’ve been muse fan. Anyone got any ideas/thoughts on what the shows gonna be like?

Hits + 5-7 songs from Simulation Theory + 1-3 rarish songs like TaB, Bliss, CE and stuff like that. Maybe a 15 minute riffage of the older metal heavy songs

Well it looks like I’m going. It’s unbelievable but it’s gonna be my first muse gig considering how long I’ve been muse fan. Anyone got any ideas/thoughts on what the shows gonna be like?

Maaaaaad, feels like I was just a wee babby for my first Muse gig.

Would imagine you’ll enjoy it, it’ll mostly be new songs + greatest hits but that’s usually what you want from your first gig. I remember being buzzing for PIB, Hysteria, Supermassive, Uprising, TIRO and Knights at mine. If you get within the front third of the standing crowd, it should be pretty good in Manchester.

metal heavy

soft at the core?

Maaaaaad, feels like I was just a wee babby for my first Muse gig.

Would imagine you’ll enjoy it, it’ll mostly be new songs + greatest hits but that’s usually what you want from your first gig. I remember being buzzing for PIB, Hysteria, Supermassive, Uprising, TIRO and Knights at mine. If you get within the front third of the standing crowd, it should be pretty good in Manchester.

soft at the core?

Can't imagine not enjoying it, haha! Really excited for SMBH and Pressure too. Hoping for a couple of rarer songs like The groove or showbiz to turn up, it just makes the setlist a little less predictable. Do you think it'll be as big as the Unsustainable tour?

Can't imagine not enjoying it, haha! Really excited for SMBH and Pressure too. Hoping for a couple of rarer songs like The groove or showbiz to turn up, it just makes the setlist a little less predictable. Do you think it'll be as big as the Unsustainable tour?

The Groove absolutely not, Showbiz I’d say 97% a no as well :chuckle: I wouldn’t hold out hope for any rarities tbh, I think it’s gonna be hard for them to squeeze the new songs and greatest hits into the set with much room left over but they do tend to bring around a couple of fan favourites for stadiums. In the past we’ve had CE, Bliss, B&H, Dead Star, RBS, Unintended and Blackout (and freak cases of Yes Please and Agitated) so maybe think around that tier - old and uncommon but generally not mental. If owt does come back though, Manchester usually gets a decent set.

How do you mean ‘big’?

The Groove absolutely not, Showbiz I’d say 97% a no as well :chuckle: I wouldn’t hold out hope for any rarities tbh, I think it’s gonna be hard for them to squeeze the new songs and greatest hits into the set with much room left over but they do tend to bring around a couple of fan favourites for stadiums. In the past we’ve had CE, Bliss, B&H, Dead Star, RBS, Unintended and Blackout (and freak cases of Yes Please and Agitated) so maybe think around that tier - old and uncommon but generally not mental. If owt does come back though, Manchester usually gets a decent set.

How do you mean ‘big’?

It'd be good if CE could become a more common song in the sets like it did on the Drones tour. Blackout always works out well for the stadiums.

And big- Mental stage size, cost of the production with actors, massive fire chimneys :chuckle: and huge lighting.

It'd be good if CE could become a more common song in the sets like it did on the Drones tour. Blackout always works out well for the stadiums.

And big- Mental stage size, cost of the production with actors, massive fire chimneys :chuckle: and huge lighting.

I’d be doubtful of CE specifically tbh. Doesn’t really fit the new vibe, it’s just come off a tour where it’s had a decent go around and they may well not have time for a 7-8 minute song like that. Ya never know though.

I’d expect a massive and impressive stage for sure, they always have at stadiums. What it’ll look like I’ve got no idea :chuckle: they tend to go with album themes (HAARP antennas for BH&R, a 1984 ministry for TR and an energy/power plant for T2L) so you’d think that’ll carry on somehow, though what you could draw on from ST to fit that scale I’m not sure

I have a question about the the eithad Manchester gig June 2019, I have bought some enhanced experience tickets via the 10:00am pre sale. I was after the seated tickets (rows 1-15) but these were never actually available to purchase as far as I believe, all the tickets were/are GA standing. I'm very confused about how to actually get a reserved seat or just the option of sitting down with the enhanced experience package. This swill be my first and probably only concert so have no idea how thing work in practice. Any advice would be very welcome. My tickets start GAO-

Thanks for your reply, I’ve tried to get ticket master to confirm this but they won’t/ can’t and Etihad Stadium also don’t know. I just can’t risk not getting a seat and still have concerns as viagogo are selling seats in tier one which are meant to be un reserved but nobody can confirm whom these unreserved seats are actually for and how to get access to them. On another note Man City are selling hospitality packaged cheaper than £319 that come with a padded seat so thinking about getting my tickets refunded and getting package through man city direct.

Only thing I could think of was a full-on group of towers that light up to make a neon skyscape like the end of The Dark Side video.

Though be something to try re-creating the high school gym in the Pressure vid.

Yeah, going from some of the imagery and motifs we’ve seen so far, the only things I can think they could draw on might be:

Giant arcade machine(s)

Giant robots from TDS/Algorithm

Neon cityscape from TDS/super deluxe art book

TV ‘pile’ structure from the super deluxe art book

School hall from Pressure

Worth remembering Glen was looking around for tech to do with magnets before he left...

Thanks for your reply, I’ve tried to get ticket master to confirm this but they won’t/ can’t and Etihad Stadium also don’t know. I just can’t risk not getting a seat and still have concerns as viagogo are selling seats in tier one which are meant to be un reserved but nobody can confirm whom these unreserved seats are actually for and how to get access to them. On another note Man City are selling hospitality packaged cheaper than £319 that come with a padded seat so thinking about getting my tickets refunded and getting package through man city direct.

Those tickets are CID responsibility so I would contact them directly. They had a phone number and email address given at the end of their FAQ section, last time I looked at those (before pre-sale). It's their bloody responsibility to provide you with a seat they promised in all the ads for the bundle, so I would go argue with them! ;)

Yeah, going from some of the imagery and motifs we’ve seen so far, the only things I can think they could draw on might be:

Giant arcade machine(s)

Giant robots from TDS/Algorithm

Neon cityscape from TDS/super deluxe art book

TV ‘pile’ structure from the super deluxe art book

School hall from Pressure

Worth remembering Glen was looking around for tech to do with magnets before he left...

A giant arcade machine would certainly be different.

Magnets would be cool but I've always wondered if that would cause problems with gear/microphones, or indeed metal possessions of security and adjacent audience members if it goes wrong.

Hello

I have a question about the mixed reality pre-show party. Has anyone ever been to one of these pre-show parties? What I would like to know is does the party finish before the doors open for early access to the floor and the unreserved seats for VIP ticket holders and is the party held at the venue? Thanks in advance

Hello

I have a question about the mixed reality pre-show party. Has anyone ever been to one of these pre-show parties? What I would like to know is does the party finish before the doors open for early access to the floor and the unreserved seats for VIP ticket holders and is the party held at the venue? Thanks in advance

If the tickets give you early access, logic would suggest the party definitely finishes before the door. But contact CID, they have FAQ and email address / phone number you can contact them under and ask all the questions.

• 3 months later...

A mate of mine bought his standing ticket yesterday from See Tickets.

Now the link on the tour section of the Muse website takes you to Ticketmaster (where it now says standing is sold out), but there is no mention of See Tickets. I'm guessing it'll be a legit ticket too if it's through See Tickets, won't it?

20 minutes ago, weezul said:

yes seetickets is legit, and way better than ticketbastard anyway. nothing to worry about.

Thanks for clarifying. I knew they were legit since I've used them before, but I wasn't sure if they were an official ticket site for this tour since they're not mentioned on the Muse website.

• 1 month later...