Ultimate guilty pleasure tracks

hairolfitri

What's your ultimate guilty pleasure track(s)?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. What's your ultimate guilty pleasure track(s)?

• Overdue
    • Sober
    • Escape
    • Feeling Good
    • Screenager
    • Thoughts of a Dying Atheist
    • Endlessly
    • Falling Away with You
    • The Small Print
    • Soldier's Poem
    • Exo-Politics
    • Guiding Light
    • I Belong to You + Mon Cœur S'ouvre a Ta Voix
    • Undisclosed Desires
    • Save Me
    • Explorers
    • Big Freeze
    • Revolt

• 4 months later...

Before joining these boards, I had no idea that TSP was quite so looked down on. I think it's one of Abso's best tracks.

On another note, I have a real soft spot for guilty pleasures especially considering I [shamelessPlug]Have a podcast about them[/shamelessPlug]. Big Freeze is an easy one for me. Aside from the fact that I find it infectiously uplifting, it is one of those "right place at the right time" songs. I discovered it when I was dating my ex and for the longest time it made me think of her. When we broke up, it put a bit of dark cloud over this song. But eventually I met my wife. Now this is my go to song whenever I need to be reminded that things get better.

Who would feel guilty about liking the Small Print?

Slaves to the Grave and Priest Gods who were never paid, obviously. :D

Joking aside, TOADA, Escape, and Exo-Politics are straight up pleasures for me without feeling guilty about it. Some of my favorite songs.

On the other hand, I enjoy Big Freeze and Explorers guiltily. ha.

• 4 weeks later...

Guilty pleasure song; Neutron Star Collision. Now we have all but forgotten about Twilight and it’s no longer relevant I feel the song is worth another listen. It’s actually a bit of fun to listen to for something different!

Top tip: Do not watch the music video or any potential enjoyment of the song will be completely ruined

• 5 weeks later...
Never understood that. I mean, yeah, it's not Citizen Erased or Stockholm Syndrome, but does that mean it's not good? lol

Is it really that hard to understand? It's a love ballad by a band that by the time were famous for alternative rock with prog-tendencies. Rock fans in general aren't as varied in their taste as they like to think.

Is it really that hard to understand? It's a love ballad by a band that by the time were famous for alternative rock with prog-tendencies. Rock fans in general aren't as varied in their taste as they like to think.

I mean, I get it being looked over, but I don't get it being actively disliked. It's a good song, with a really haunting atmosphere. A little short if I had to criticize it. Otherwise I don't see a problem with it. Not like Muse hadn't done good love ballads before.

To be fair the song wasn't THAT relevant in 2003 before the meme.

I remember the similarities being discussed on here when it came out though.

I also remember that Endlessly was "leaked" after being played on French radio I think as the first song besides Stockholm before the album release and people were excited/worried that Absolution would be Muse's Kid A.