Reading & Leeds 2017

KirkBot

Do we think a "By Requests" tour will go with some festivals? More dates to come we're told...

Might not necessarily be 'by request' (I doubt that part tbh) but another Psycho-level club tour is probs one of the more likely possibilities, yeah. Maybe even something slightly bigger and more in-depth.

"More announcements" =/= "more dates" tho. You never know, they might follow through on that song or two Matt mentioned possibly releasing.

At least we shouldn't have long to wait to find out :awesome:

They've all but confirmed some US festivals, so it could just be that, too.

Eh, maybe I'm just being too optimistic as usual but the wording made me think at least part of it'll be something separate. Festivals usually confirm their own acts, whereas that quote sounds more like the band have their own announcements if that makes sense?

Plus, they gave a relatively specific time-frame of around the new year and different fests obviously announce things at different times.

I don't think "more news about our plans for 2017 coming in the new year" is very specific, either in reference to content or in timing. Many US festivals announce their line-ups not very far into the year. Lollapalooza and Outside Lands in particular, which are also in early August and would lead really well into R/L at the end of the month.

I'd love to be wrong but I really don't think it's going to be some kind of surprise album/EP or club tour or anything.

:LOL:

SEAT OF LUXURY

Fancy a fancy festival loo? The Seat of Luxury are high tech, fresh water toilets that include hot water facilities, vanity mirrors, hairdryers and straighteners and attendants who keep the toilets spick and span. Tickets for Seat of Luxury 2017 are now onsale here.

• 2 months later...
Hello!

Are there any fans my age (50+) willing to attend Reading or Leeds this summer I've never seen the band live and would love to go but not alone.

I'm French & speak fluent English .

I you know anybody interested, please pass on the message. Thanks!

I'll be going alone to both dates... I'm 40 :)

• 3 weeks later...
Chances of them announcing they're doing Black holes in its entirety? Just past it's 10th Anniversary, like the did last time at Reading and Leeds with Origin !

Latterly on the Drones tour there was at least 5 songs from that album being played, just a thought...

I guess if you ignore it's a whole year later then yeah, it's a 10th anniversary.

Chances of them announcing they're doing Black holes in its entirety? Just past it's 10th Anniversary, like the did last time at Reading and Leeds with Origin !

Latterly on the Drones tour there was at least 5 songs from that album being played, just a thought...

I'll be generous and give it a 4% </3 my hope is legit dead at this point

Of the 6 songs they played from BH&R, only Assassin was particularly out of the ordinary and that only came back 'cos of badgering fans. So I wouldn't say that has anything to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be generous and give it a 4% </3 my hope is legit dead at this point

Of the 6 songs they played from BH&R, only Assassin was particularly out of the ordinary and that only came back 'cos of badgering fans. So I wouldn't say that has anything to do with it.

Take a Bow hadn't been played in a long while either, right??

Take a Bow hadn't been played in a long while either, right??

Meh, it'd only been out for one tour so I didn't count it. Even if you do wanna count it, it wasn't really so much a 'BH&R revival' thing as a 'this fits with Drones I guess' thing.

Yeah - not since 2010 when it came back.