Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Think it's the same dark chrome finish as the other chrome whammy. Where did you find out that he had three whammy guitars?

Only by watching the videos (best way to find out, as it resulted in so much misinformation on musewiki...)

But what I meant was that I don't think it's new. I know I saw a third one before, with a pau ferro fretboard (rather than ebony like the original pair) but I can't remember if it was a black one or metal one.

Actually, he has at least four of them now. The original two with ebony fretboards, and two newer ones with pau ferro.

Here's the newer black one

30086584_772000963187359_3437774136766627840_n.jpg

I think someone pointed out that there was another red alert as well (different logo color)

But not sure, maybe it's just a different neck, as it did get thrown around at one gig.

Actually, he has at least four of them now. The original two with ebony fretboards, and two newer ones with pau ferro.

Here's the newer black one

30086584_772000963187359_3437774136766627840_n.jpg

I think someone pointed out that there was another red alert as well (different logo color)

But not sure, maybe it's just a different neck, as it did get thrown around at one gig.

Shit how many does he need? Looks like the "killswitch" on the upper horn is a bit different on the other guitars. Can't imagine how huge his guitar rack is... Do you think he has any of his older guitars still on tour as a backup? Like 2nd Law Matt Black and all the Bombers he had built for the drones tour that he hardly used? Or dare I say 007?;)

Shit how many does he need? Looks like the "killswitch" on the upper horn is a bit different on the other guitars. Can't imagine how huge his guitar rack is... Do you think he has any of his older guitars still on tour as a backup? Like 2nd Law Matt Black and all the Bombers he had built for the drones tour that he hardly used? Or dare I say 007?;)

Yeah, it is, isn't it. :ninja:

And I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few T2L era guitars, but probably nothing that's heavier than a certain weight! I forgot about those bombers...the stealth ones were really nice actually.

Yeah, it is, isn't it. :ninja:

And I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few T2L era guitars, but probably nothing that's heavier than a certain weight! I forgot about those bombers...the stealth ones were really nice actually.

I guess he’ll have most of the guitars that match the 2.4kg weight in the rack, but it would just spice it up a bit if he used some of the older guitars for older songs...

I guess he’ll have most of the guitars that match the 2.4kg weight in the rack, but it would just spice it up a bit if he used some of the older guitars for older songs...

I get the impression that it was just that initial batch of T2L guitars that were around 2.4kg. I don't think they're still weight relieving the hardware and stuff like that.

Also, Bs is online. I realize it's not a school night, but does he not realize it's getting close to after breakfast tomorrow?

Probably building a museum for his retirement fund. What else?!

Really? I think it's a bit early for Bs to be doing that.

On the other hand, he always seems to plan things out pretty carefully, and it only resulted in disaster once...

I'll hold out for the $99 or less bin.

Fair enough. Surely that fuzz synth sound alone is worth the current price though?

31946491_736333543241005_1347965409856323584_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b58c919cf9080e0d727f68a382f1765c&oe=5B8A56DC

Nice.

This Manson Guitar Works MA-Custom features the first ever 'Manson Etched' Psychopaf Pickups PF-1 and will be flying to it's new owner in the States soon

Wonder who that could be.

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely a bit smoother than this!

@james90, which guitar is that incredible looking neck on?

Heh glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that performance!

And it's on that one a few posts above.

I've been looking for a wide angle shot of this but none to be found. Such a shame :)

I'll get to it soon. Got a bit of troubleshooting to do. :facepalm:

Never seen such a cringeworthy string of comments. Just needs Rangga to tell us it remind him of Muse

Hey

Did anyone tried to adjust truss rod on old mb-1 / mb-2 / dl without removing the neck? Is there any tools for this?

Hey

If it doesn't have the pinwheel adjuster like the new guitars, you'll have to remove the neck

@nerd herd

32710837_10156149485915944_1460026634231873536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGm658HYHoZZc7LN8IETcZAsaMkg3y4sGYjcHufVlNgVGJIeUA3AQp9aqPnipiTK2nIoWErctYecNT980H9rm2ELfG64spG3KvkfBkGC8efkg&oh=7cc775457e9ba5aafce0ad61efece71f&oe=5B918D9E

Also, not strictly Mansion related, but just put some Psychopafs in the Irncaster™ - now with more single coil

zJ4KCHJ.jpg

Whoa.

Look at the flame on that one. *said in Nigel Tufnel voice.

The irncaster needs an irn bru logo on the headstock for #details. :cool: