Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Managed to get a used MA-2 EVO in satin black with machined heads, sustainiac, coil tap, upgraded control knobs, and a few other upgrades for $1100 USD. Wasn't really in the market, but seemed too good a deal to pass up.

Managed to get a used MA-2 EVO in satin black with machined heads, sustainiac, coil tap, upgraded control knobs, and a few other upgrades for $1100 USD. Wasn't really in the market, but seemed too good a deal to pass up.

Whoa! How were you able to score that sweet deal? I just bought the pre-owned anniversary silver EVO S on Manson's website. I thought it was a good deal but it's nowhere close to this.

Whoa! How were you able to score that sweet deal? I just bought the pre-owned anniversary silver EVO S on Manson's website. I thought it was a good deal but it's nowhere close to this.

Some guy doing a gear purge on Reverb I guess, so right place, right time. Submitted a way lowball offer and it got accepted with no counter. Still keeping an eye out for a Works Wednesday, though I'm sure whether one is happening this year or not.

nu gitar for jaems nineti?

Let's not make this about me :phu:

neu infatchyouateor four nrd herrd?

(where are the additional ones? I've been checking that website almost as often as I check the shop and works website!)

Let's not make this about me :phu:

neu infatchyouateor four nrd herrd?

(where are the additional ones? I've been checking that website almost as often as I check the shop and works website!)

I would’ve suggested new guitar for Bs, but K&T couldn’t handle that level of excitement so soon.

Neu pedlol in October. I’m surprised the other batch hasn’t been put on sale yet. I’ll let you know as soon as/if I find out any more deets about them though.

I only just got my new one back anyway so I don't think that's going to happen, haha! I'm pretty much broke these days anyway, so I think three will forever be the magic number to be honest, haha!

I would’ve suggested new guitar for Bs, but K&T couldn’t handle that level of excitement so soon.

Neu pedlol in October. I’m surprised the other batch hasn’t been put on sale yet. I’ll let you know as soon as/if I find out any more deets about them though.

Let's not forget that brexit caused Bs to request that last custom... do we need another event like that for him to buy another guitar?

Sounds like you have some kind of inside information. :ninja: And that seems like a fairly long build time for a pedal.

I only just got my new one back anyway so I don't think that's going to happen, haha! I'm pretty much broke these days anyway, so I think three will forever be the magic number to be honest, haha!

Three won't be forever the magic number as you're only pretty much broke these days. :nerd:

But if you did get another knobby creation, would it be a 7 string again?

Let's not forget that brexit caused Bs to request that last custom... do we need another event like that for him to buy another guitar?

Sounds like you have some kind of inside information. :ninja: And that seems like a fairly long build time for a pedal.

I fucking hope not!

No inside information, just a bit of a twitter stalker :ninja:. I think it’s so long cause that’s when the physical copies of the new album are to be released, and the pedals are just being shipped at the same time.

But if you did get another knobby creation, would it be a 7 string again?

Hmmm, tough one. It depends what I was planning on using it for, I suppose. I do find the 7th string very useful, but I've got two of them already now so...it would depend what I thought I needed. I think I'm fine with what I've got, haha! I really need to save now! :LOL:

I fucking hope not!

No inside information, just a bit of a twitter stalker :ninja:. I think it’s so long cause that’s when the physical copies of the new album are to be released, and the pedals are just being shipped at the same time.

Well it doesn't have to be exactly like that.

I guess that makes sense, provided they're delivered at the same time. Do you have to pay in full up front?

Hmmm, tough one. It depends what I was planning on using it for, I suppose. I do find the 7th string very useful, but I've got two of them already now so...it would depend what I thought I needed. I think I'm fine with what I've got, haha! I really need to save now! :LOL:

I'd get a 6 string, but with different features from the MB-1.

Of course, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now if your yamaha was still with us :supersad:

I'd get a 6 string, but with different features from the MB-1.

Yeah, I probably would too to be honest.

On a separate topic, because I'm too lazy to move over to the general thread, does anyone know anything about dust getting into pedals and messing with them. I swear my Whammy turned itself on earlier and was then changing settings by itself before I could turn it off, haha! Is there any way of using that contact cleaner stuff for guitar switches or something? I don't even know how to open a pedal like that up, but I don't really want to have to get a replacement. I can't afford one anyway, so I'll have to manage if there's no quick fix.

Yeah, I probably would too to be honest.

On a separate topic, because I'm too lazy to move over to the general thread, does anyone know anything about dust getting into pedals and messing with them. I swear my Whammy turned itself on earlier and was then changing settings by itself before I could turn it off, haha! Is there any way of using that contact cleaner stuff for guitar switches or something? I don't even know how to open a pedal like that up, but I don't really want to have to get a replacement. I can't afford one anyway, so I'll have to manage if there's no quick fix.

WhammyIV? They all go funny eventually it seems. Apparently it's the tiny inductors that go bad.

WhammyIV? They all go funny eventually it seems. Apparently it's the tiny inductors that go bad.

Does the V have this problem? I had the IV for 6 years and had no problems other than calibrating constantly.

My Whammy IV also has some issues... When I plug it in everything's fine, but after a minute or so it just... turns off? The LED's go out, but the signal still travels through and reaches the output (i.e., I can still play, but the Whammy just doesn't do anything anymore). Then when I remove the power and plug it back in again, it works... for a minute. Weird.

Edit: I've had it for about 10 years though, I think.

Are you stalking people other than Mike Vennart?

:LOL: saw that earlier and thought it was yours. That finish is really cool.

Re Bs' whammy - could the problem be from moisture getting into the pedal if it's humid? I've had a few problems with the DT (mainly the input jack repeatedly coming loose) but nothing as strange as that.

I purchased the pre-owned MA-2 EVO S that was up on mansonguitarworks.com recently and unfortunately it has some additional body damage that was not described in the listing. I'm bummed because it's a sweet guitar.

I've emailed Manson and it's been crickets after two weeks. Anyone have tips for getting in touch with them?