Invincible was never really that cheesy to me, compared to the shit that came after it it's pretty heavy lol, I guess besides the verses. Although it's one of the ballad style tracks of its time I'd hate to put it along Guiding light and Explorers lol

I'm so glad to add Revolt to the ever expanding list of pointless things from a Muse gig along with Back in Black, NSC and UD (the 2nd Law version). But all in all it was definitely a cool gig and a major improvement to the ones I went in 2012 and 2013. Even though they didn't play any rarities, it was so nice to finally get the Vuilstamen riff and Maggie's Farm (which is unbelievably massive). And De Staat were amazing!

It was the first song I can recall that got roundly ridiculed here, having joined in 2004 so having posted pre and post-BH&R.

It is/was the first really big ballady cheesefest Muse put out.

When it started up at 2006 Reading, Vel turned to me and said, 'oh god, this'll lose the crowd'

Random matey walked past on his way to another stage, says to his mate, 'yeah, they've lost me'

:LOL:

Edited by Gemsy

When it started up at 2006 Reading, Vel turned to me and said, 'oh god, this'll lose the crowd'

Random matey walked past on his way to another stage, says to his mate, 'yeah, they've lost me'

Nottingham 2006, my mate asked 'so do you think they're gonna do the album in order' 'yeah I guess so, 5 in a row is a bit weird' 'oh fuck Invincible is next, do you want a beer?' and then climbed and fell all over the people in front of us and missed Assassin :LOL:

I wasn't going to bother with the last tour but I got convinced. Then the cheese-fest + bottles of wine got me drunk.

:LOL: I just refused to pay £80 for a stadium gig where I knew they'd play the songs I was tired of ten years ago. But I've since been tempted by all the muser friends on Facebook, those enthusiastic lovely bastards... buuut it's not likely to happen. Was a big deal as it's the first tour I've missed. Since the OoS tour which I missed because I was too shy to go with a random local fan who offered me a ticket, TWAT

:rolleyes: hm ok dem hot opinions

It was categorically the mood here at that time. I think time has been kinder to Invincible than it will be the pthers. Bit the mood on here for those three is the closest it's been for individual songs since Invincible.

Lawl :awesome:.

Yeah at least Invincible has a bit of beef to it at the end :LOL:

But it's not even about riffs and guitars and chug and death lol, with all of those slow ballad ones we all groan at... I think people come to them thinking 'This is cool', and you know, it's not terrible as far as bad music goes, but us fans are like, if one thing Matt can do awesomely it's melody, so why be so 'standard' with it.

Nottingham 2006, my mate asked 'so do you think they're gonna do the album in order' 'yeah I guess so, 5 in a row is a bit weird' 'oh fuck Invincible is next, do you want a beer?' and then climbed and fell all over the people in front of us and missed Assassin :LOL:

AAARGH WORST EVER

But yeah this is why we still put ourselves through it again and again... just for the assassins :LOL:

Invincible is my favourite cheese fest they've done. I love the slide guitar intro and the whole build up t the solo and epic last chorus. Such a nice tune.

Oh dear, completely forgot about the slide guitar when talking about the song yesterday :$... that's what made me discover bottle necks :happy:

That guy's attention span sounds pretty pathetic.

That's what I was thinking.

If you can't go to a gig and have 1-2 songs you don't care for without walking off, that's pretty sad.

I can't remember once going to any gig where there wasn't a song I disliked, and I didn't stand there and boo, or run off. People actually booed at my first Muse gig; it was appalling.

And Muse is the sort of band that caters to that bullshit, trying to play just stuff everyone and their grandma recognizes here, and that's just adding to the cycle of pathetic.

No-one walked off near me. I was right up at the front. Muse came on after the Arctic Monkeys, who were super-hot then. AM were good but they had big breaks between songs, when they seemed really amateur. When Muse came on they played their songs one after the other, wham-bang thank-you ma'am, no let up, they were so much in a different league in terms of professionalism and performance. FG and Invincible each could've fitted into the gaps into the AM set. The crowd up at the front were really mashed together and it was great. The only people who left were the fainters who were carried out.

And anyway I LIKE INVINCIBLE !