What was the first song that got you into Muse?

Boombleeb

Supermassive Black Hole. Saw it on a music video channel.

Edit: hang on, this is different from the other thread?

Um, I guess the song that convinced me they were worth being obsessed with was Take A Bow, when I first gave BHAR a spin. I remember listening to the distortion at the end, I was rather naive and had never really heard a song cut to something like that. It was fucking cool.

Edited by New Born Lee

• 2 months later...

A friend of mine that got me into muse said "humans always show interest in what they can't understand"

And what I couldn't understand was "Showbiz"

What is this maniac "Matt" singing about showing all this anger and darkness in his mind so progressively and in a passionate way. So I heard it over and over again till the ending riff stucked in my head and I could recognize the band stile

And since then I'm a Museholic. 😍

• 2 months later...

I first stumbled upon Madness and I hated it because of the "m-m-m-m-mad-mad-mad" part

Later on, I watched Pitch Perfect 2 (solely because I heard Pentatonix was in it...they were in it, but for like half a minute :eek:) and I heard

and liked it a lot so I decided to listen to the original song and realized I liked it, but not as much as the cover and I didn't feel like listening to any more Muse songs.

I later on stumbled across

, and I LOVED the song and I chose to look up the band, only to realize "wait a moment isn't this the band that made Uprising?" and then went "well they've made two songs I like, one of which I LOVE, let's listen to some more songs by them I guess" and I've been a fan of them ever since :)

I also later on realized "wait they made Madness too?" and later on "oh I actually do like Madness, oops" :LOL:

Also, Time Is Running Out sounds REALLY familiar (and.....nostalgic??) and I'm not 100% sure I didn't hear that song at some point before I heard Madness, but if I did, I have no idea when or where it was :stunned:

Butterflies And Hurricanes IIRC. I remember hearing Sing For Absolution, Time Is Running Out, and Hysteria a lot around the same time on the radio though, so it was a bit of a combined effort. If only I'd been paying attention to the tour dates back then. :facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

First song I heard was Unintended in '99 when it came on the radio whilst I was in the car stuck in a traffic jam. I went to the shops and bought the Showbiz CD that same day and was amazed how different all the tunes were. When I heard CAVE I was agog. Been hooked on them ever since.

I think there's another thread discussing this.

Regardless, first one I heard was Supermassive Black Hole on FIFA 07, but I think it took getting into finding random stuff on YouTube to really get things going. I think it was Starlight, TIRO, Knights of Cydonia and Hysteria at first.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad asked me to put New Born on his mp3 player and I had a brief listen but hated it, this must have been about 2005 because I'd just got a iPod Nano, the very first one.

Not too long after I head SMBH and loved it and started listening to a few more tracks like KoC. I was hooked when The Resistance came out though :LOL: