Which songs should be staples? (multiple choice)

Spectrum IV

Which songs should be staples?  

478 members have voted

1. 1. Which songs should be staples?

• Stockholm Syndrome
    • Citizen Erased
    • Bliss
    • The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
    • Feeling Good
    • Supremacy
    • Animals
    • New Born
    • Agitated
    • United States of Eurasia
    • Uno
    • Map of the Problematique
    • Micro Cuts
    • Hyper Music
    • The Groove
    • Fury
    • Assassin
    • Muscle Museum
    • Futurism
    • Dead Star
    • Unnatural Selection
    • Defector

Stockholm should always be a staple, absolutely criminal that it's been nigh-completely dropped on this tour. Also went for Map 'cause it's the perfect crossover song.

Those are the only ones that need to be staples imo, as much as I like some of the others.

FG has a vote and USoE doesn't. :erm:

:LOL:

Every song on that list should be rotated.

They need to focus on picking the right staples first. Stockholm, Bliss, MotP, New Born are:

- Well-known singles

- Fan favourites

- Excellent live songs

I remember people used to whinge about the TR setlists where you'd get 2-3 of these every night, now you're lucky to get one of them.

I went with SS ( best song from Abso, and still perfect main set closer), Defector because its the Drones tour, Bliss because it was big single and should reguarly be swapped with Pib as they both have the same effect, and Supremacy as it was a recent single and arguably would give the set a bit more punch than Madness. CE should still be occasional rarity, whats the point when we have Globalist now?

Hi everyone long time reader new post.

I am not sure what should be staples but as a Muse fan and I have seen them 4 times now I really enjoy seeing the new album featured plus something unexpected.

The first time I saw them I got Ruled by Secrecy the second Butterflies and Hurricanes the third time I saw them Stockholm Syndrome came up on the roulette wheel over new Born but I was lucky to see that in 2010 in Columbus. The fourth time I saw them I didn't get a surprise and was a bit let down. The big reason I have not traveled to see them this time is due to the setlists.

I want so badly to see Take a Bow and Fury and Dead Star live. but have given up hoping. I was soo happy Apocalypse Please has been played lately but I almost went to Detroit and I am glad I did not after they dropped playing it. I would have been bummed.

I love the new album especially The Handler The Globalist and Defector bummed they don't play it live.

Completely unrelated, as one's a piano song.

Unless you're Detroit, you're going to get at least one.

Well I wasn't planning to literally go through the songs slot by slot but to clarify my general point is the absence of bigger hits can leave space to play something different.

Pretty simple. Stockholm Syndrome should be played at EVERY show. Every Muse fan loves it, and every just...rock fan knows it. It pretty much gave Muse their reputation for being immensely talented at their instruments. It's their Head Like a Hole. It should be played at every Muse show...because a tired and boring SS is still better than the shitty version of Starlight they keep trotting out.

Staple - Knights, Time is Running Out, Plug in Baby, Supermassive,

Regular rotation - Map (so it doesn't get worn out), Stockholm (same/rotates with similar song), Starlight, Hysteria, Madness, Sunburn

Occasional (to keep the excitement and still be fairly often) - New Born, Bliss, Citizen, Dead Star

Rare (treats that still pop up) - Assassin, Muscle Museum, MK Ultra, Butterflies & Hurricanes

Stockholm's not as good as it used to be (though I did think it stepped back up a notch at Download and a few other festivals around that time) but even then it's still consistently mega and one of their absolute best live songs. Can't imagine how good it must've been in it's prime. Should definitely always be a staple imo, perfect climax in every set.

Occasional (to keep the excitement and still be fairly often) - New Born, Bliss, Citizen, Dead Star

Rare (treats that still pop up) - Assassin, Muscle Museum, MK Ultra, Butterflies & Hurricanes

I'd swap CE and B&H round, personally. CE's more of a niche fan favourite than Butterflies so it fits in better with stuff like MM and Assass imo.

(plus B&H is miles better :ninja:)

Edited by Jobby

I'd swap CE and B&H round, personally. CE's more of a niche fan favourite than Butterflies so it fits in better with stuff like MM and Assass imo.

(plus B&H is miles better :ninja:)

Agree about B&H being better, at least live, but there are few things better than seeing that 7 string come out and the opening riff.

Agree about B&H being better, at least live, but there are few things better than seeing that 7 string come out and the opening riff.

I was so surprised at download when the riff started I smacked some poor girl with my elbow by accident... Just with joy I felt SO bad :(

Oh yeah, no, CE is decent live and the opening riff is probs the highlight. I just think it'd make sense for B&H to be more regular. Don't know why it's pretty much disappeared tbh, one of the best songs I've seen them play and it's not exactly obscure.