2016.04.02 - Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England

forevermusic

Lack of Hysteria upsets me. Even though I've seen it every other time, it feels strange to not have it.

SS, CE and MOTP make up for it though I suppose.

But Prelude into Starlight is awful. Just plain awful!

Wowza. Went all the way from Leeds to get to the Birmingham gig and got in the queue at 1:30, numbers 59 through 62 in the queue for my friends and I. How fucking incredible was that?! We managed to get the circle barrier, and just everything was perfect. The setlist, the visuals, the interactions. I'm still not even nearly over it! Bring on round 2 in Manchester next week!!

Was an amazing show! Cant wait for London in just over a week. My only complaint about last night, the crowd... One of the lamest crowds I've ever had privilege of standing among! Seriously, if your going to just stand there and nod your head, purchase a seat ticket! 'Plug in Baby' is playing and your just standing there nodding your head! Audience was dismal.

But yeah, great show as per usual!

Lack of Hysteria upsets me. Even though I've seen it every other time, it feels strange to not have it.

SS, CE and MOTP make up for it though I suppose.

But Prelude into Starlight is awful. Just plain awful!

Definitely CE made up for it. SS awesome but I thought that was a staple anyway? MOTP was overplayed in the Black Holes tour so I would rather they gave that a miss!

I enjoyed Prelude into Starlight, it was a WTF moment! It made Starlight more enjoyable. JFK into SS was another similar confusing thing.

Definitely CE made up for it. SS awesome but I thought that was a staple anyway? MOTP was overplayed in the Black Holes tour so I would rather they gave that a miss!

I enjoyed Prelude into Starlight, it was a WTF moment! It made Starlight more enjoyable. JFK into SS was another similar confusing thing.

I'd pay to just see CE live in fairness, best thing they've ever done in my opinion.

Nah SS has become a rarity, only played it 8 times on this tour. Yeah I wasn't expecting JFK to lead into SS but it worked better than Prelude into Starlight. Still, I feel interludes should always lead into the songs they're written for, feels like an anticlimax otherwise.

Yeah MOTP was a staple for a while too but I haven't seen it the last 5/6 times so it was nice to hear it again, like bumping into an old friend.

Hate to put a dampener on this thread. Can't complain about the show, amazing as usual, but having bought the most expensive presale tickets on first day of sale, Block F sucked, big time. That hammerhead end blocked the view of the central stage and was rarely used apart from the piano bits. Drop down video screens were not fully visible and there was a gaping space devoid of all fans between us and the stage.

Have seen every tour since 2003 and for me, that was the worst view ever. Have wanted them to play in the round for ages and I guess if you were on the side it would have been awesome, but unfortunately, there are still bad seats.

Hate to put a dampener on this thread. Can't complain about the show, amazing as usual, but having bought the most expensive presale tickets on first day of sale, Block F sucked, big time. That hammerhead end blocked the view of the central stage and was rarely used apart from the piano bits. Drop down video screens were not fully visible and there was a gaping space devoid of all fans between us and the stage.

Have seen every tour since 2003 and for me, that was the worst view ever. Have wanted them to play in the round for ages and I guess if you were on the side it would have been awesome, but unfortunately, there are still bad seats.

I fully agree. I was also block F (row H) and our seats were a lot lower than the rest of the arena, so difficult to even see over the end stage. Must be why they let the first two rows through to standing near the end.

Luckily I'll be standing at Manchester on Friday.

Amazing gig, still no Hysteria though.:(

Guy in my row must have gone to the bar/out for a smoke at least 10 times during the set. and there was someone using flash at least twice despite the announcement. Having to get up for the guy to squeeze past kind of ruined it a bit. Next time will get standing tickets!

You have got me worried now, what row were you on? I was standing last night and it was fantastic - block 101 at Manchester next Saturday which looks to be in the same area you were :(

You have got me worried now, what row were you on? I was standing last night and it was fantastic - block 101 at Manchester next Saturday which looks to be in the same area you were :(

My London tickets are much the same - seated in an end block. :( Just as well I was standing last night.

The low seated blocks at Brum from the pre-sale were not good. The crowd was thin at that end because there was no public exit for those standing, which can kill an atmosphere. Maybe the crowd is why they played the set straight through and didn't break for an encore? Whilst I enjoyed a bit of personal space, I could have thumped those four blokes near me who spent half the gig chatting and taking selfies. I mean, who can chat with this setlist?

0efe98ce-4a02-4be3-b597-028796dc44f8.jpg

Edited by Half Life

Absolutley loved the gig from start to finish... was gutted after the Munich gig as I would have loved the set list (i thought at the time) and half expected one of the poorer sets. once they played psycho-reapers-plug in baby i thought hang on.. same set list? and it just kept going! Getting to see Citizen Erased on my first night (i'm at both Manchester nights too) was just fantastic and add in S/S, Maps, and TAB made it special. The crowd was very muted which was disapointing (although i was up dad dancing for the most part!)... hopefully Manchester will be better... it was for the 2nd Law gig I went to (My first Muse gig and my daughters first gig of any kind!) The visuals for The Handler and The Globalist were imense too! Can't wait for next Friday/Saturday!

I just went to the genting arena. Fucking Adele is on there tonight people all dressed up to the nines. I'm now at the barclaycard arena haha

Hahahaha, did exactly that on the T2L tour, but the other way round. Went to the NIA and found some boyband playing there. We weren't the only ones either (names redacted to protect the guilty). Thankfully jumped back in car and got the NEC in plenty of time for Muse.

Band/setlist/presentation stunning, which is even more surprising that the crowd were a bit flat. Where we were it went jumpy during TIRO but the rest of the time, not so much. Wonder whether it's something to do with this gig being one of the extra shows - and thereby more tix going to more casual fans - whereas the original group of gigs will have been nabbed by the hardcore Musers who wanted to go the most.

And certainly true that those at either end of the arena lose the view of the flank screens that the sides get, and the guys don't spend that much time at the ends either. So not quite every seat a good seat. Still not seeing the point of Starlight *and* Mercy being on the same setlist either as they basically do the same job.

All in all though, brilliant and chuffed to be getting a second go next week. Now seriously debating whether to try and get out of the wedding we're supposed to be going to on Glastonbury weekend...

Can only endorse the comment regarding people who seem happy to spend upwards of £50 on a ticket and yak yak throughout the gig. Two blokes chatting a couple of ladies up this time. Had exactly the same problem at the O2, seated that time. One told me to fuck off when I asked him to tone it down!

Finally also learned the lesson about "in the round" gigs after having had the same problem with U2 last year. If you want to see the video wall, don't get seats on the ends!

I was in row K towards the back thankfully. Those in the first three or four rows had an awful view. There is no way these should have been full price tickets. I reckon they put them in the pre-sale to make sure they were not left unsold at the end.

There should be some way of viewing your seats before committing to buy. I chose "best available" and this was 5 mins after pre-sale opened. I have complained to Ticketmaster so we'll see what happens there. Probably nothing.

As to the lame crowd comments, I have to agree. The reason I think was the age of the crowd. I am a young 52 and I was trying to be as enthusiastic as I could, but walking around before hand, It was clear that the majority of people there were probably 30+ and I was certainly not the oldest. When a band starts off in 1994 with a teenage fanbase, 22 years later those fans are coming up to 40 and probably in need of a sit down.

Finally also learned the lesson about "in the round" gigs after having had the same problem with U2 last year. If you want to see the video wall, don't get seats on the ends!

Wish I'd known that for the O2 gig next week.:mad: It would help if Matt and Chris spent a bit more time at the ends of the runways to make up for it, though.

But I cannot describe how happy I was to see the balloons back again. Simple things please this old-timer.

Just found a bit of the tissue from the fountain in my bag. It's shaped like a person - creepy! :eek: