he was using paiste cymbals in map of the problematique :/

The official video clip?

Hmm... If so I guess he's no longer contractually obligated to Zildjian cos using Paistes in a clip'd be like against the rules n stuff.

(can I download it from somewhere?)

That thing you can see on the photos someone posted wasn't even his drum kit.

Shared kit at a festival or something?

hello all,

heard alot of complaints about people being bitchy in this thread. Please can you keep all discussion non abusive from now on as it is totally unnessessary. I cannot look into who started it right now because im on a bus surfing around (and its pretty hard to navigate) but I will investigate further on the matter and give warnings out to the one who has seem to have started it all.

But for now, please refrain from being abusive to each other. Keep the discussions clean and cool.

Any further arguments past this post will pay :p

hello all,

heard alot of complaints about people being bitchy in this thread. Please can you keep all discussion non abusive from now on as it is totally unnessessary. I cannot look into who started it right now because im on a bus surfing around (and its pretty hard to navigate) but I will investigate further on the matter and give warnings out to the one who has seem to have started it all.

But for now, please refrain from being abusive to each other. Keep the discussions clean and cool.

Any further arguments past this post will pay :p

THANKYOU!!! :rolleyes:

can't help you with the snare as i havent' seen this video for map of the problematique??

Click HERE :D

We think that wasn't even his kit. It was a Ludwig Classic kit with Mach lugs and, though I couldn't make them out, the markings on the cymbals were unmistakably not Zildjians, plus the kit (with what looked like Remo Ebonys :noey: ) was lacking a large china and the splash/china splash combo above the hats. None of this seems to be his style, perhaps the kit was loaner.

looked like he had the brand of the cymbals covered with tape.

watching the vid you can see his hi hat has black tape. maybe if he plays another make of cymbals he has to cover the name.

Sorry, I just realized those were links. :)

The hardware is unmistakably Yamaha but I can't tell what the hell those drums are. They don't look like Ludwig Mach lugs and the only other kits I can think of that have long lugs as standard option are Tama Superstars and the Yamaha Stage Custom Advantages, both entry level kits. :$

EDIT: They're not Superstars, the lug shape is wrong.

EDIT AGAIN: And they're not SCAs, Yamaha put started putting slipt lugs on the years ago.

We think that wasn't even his kit. It was a Ludwig Classic kit with Mach lugs and, though I couldn't make them out, the markings on the cymbals were unmistakably not Zildjians, plus the kit (with what looked like Remo Ebonys :noey: ) was lacking a large china and the splash/china splash combo above the hats. None of this seems to be his style, perhaps the kit was loaner.

I had Remo Ebonys on my white Tama Rockstar :D - looked great! What don't you like about them?

I just think they look a bit cheesy is all. :p I first saw them on Steve Hewitts toms in the "Special Needs" clip, Ebony Suedes, I think, and just didn't like em. Prefer the attack and brightness of clear heads.

I just think they look a bit cheesy is all. :p I first saw them on Steve Hewitts toms in the "Special Needs" clip, Ebony Suedes, I think, and just didn't like em. Prefer the attack and brightness of clear heads.

Haha fair enough, they were pretty cheesy - I just thought that the old clear heads looked a bit shit with white shells! I had ebony pinstripes on the tops too :LOL:

thought that was an A Custom 19"?

Well it's not.

u sure? i searched everywhere (counting zildjian website) and it all says it's a 19" piece. always thought the K custom on the right was the 18".

Is Dom still using Zildjian cymbals?? cuz on the video of map of the problematique, the hi-hat he's using is different from the one he's used to.I noticed the crash was different as well..not sure though.

Yes, he is. Zildjian make more that one type of hihat. In video clips he often uses all Avedis cymbals.

oh really?? :eek: i didnt know that mr knowlegde! :indiff:

Can someone explain me the thing about that snare? I dunno if it was the playback thing..or if he'll use a different snare for that song....sounds very nice though!

He's using acrylic drums now. But with EQ you can make the drum sound unrecognizable.

I've noticed! ¬¬ i was actually talking about this:

kitt.jpg

the black thing on it...i wonder whether it's his or not...if it's to improve the sound or something (i dont know) cuz of that "depeche mode" drums on map of the problematique..will he use it live?? i really dont know...:confused:

thanks! thats what i thought...guess it wasn't his drumskit anyway...

apparently he has stopped using iron cobra's. i think most people think its a DW pedal. not too sure though as i don't really read or post in this thread much either.

aaw too bad! though i know they're not fabricating the HP900 anymore.

:rolleyes: thanks!

u sure? i searched everywhere (counting zildjian website) and it all says it's a 19" piece. always thought the K custom on the right was the 18".

Yeah - it IS his 18" - its cuz he's left handed that ur getting confuzzled. I have 18" and 19" A custom crashes set up in the same position as him but in reverse (cuz i am RIGHT handed) and the 18" is above the hats* and the 19" above the ride*

(*roughly - just to give positioning)

oh really?? :eek: i didnt know that mr knowlegde! :indiff:

He is rather rude isnt he - however Crazybob has come and given him a warning and his attitude has changed for the better.

;)

Yeah - it IS his 18" - its cuz he's left handed that ur getting confuzzled. I have 18" and 19" A custom crashes set up in the same position as him but in reverse (cuz i am RIGHT handed) and the 18" is above the hats* and the 19" above the ride*

(*roughly - just to give positioning)

Thanks man...you're probably right! Im right handed but lately, when im not in the studio, i've been often finding myself "air-playing" like a left handed :$ i have to stop watching those muse videos!!! :erm:

He is rather rude isnt he - however Crazybob has come and given him a warning and his attitude has changed for the better.

;)

aaw good! kinda harsh to deal with someone who "owns the truth" ya know?! :rolleyes:

edit: silencers would be the best option i guess..?!

I'm not English, so I didn't get that one ;)

However, I looked it up and found out it's called "flange hoops". :unsure:

I don't get what's funny about it either, and I don't think it really matters whether they're flanged or flange hoops, either single flanged or triple flanged depending on how many times they've been stamped into shape. Single flanged hoops have no lug holes and need to be held on by claws and triple flanged are regular 2.3 mil SuperHoops.

That was directed at me???

I don't get what's funny about it either, and I don't think it really matters whether they're flanged or flange hoops, either single flanged or triple flanged depending on how many times they've been stamped into shape. Single flanged hoops have no lug holes and need to be held on by claws and triple flanged are regular 2.3 mil SuperHoops.

That was directed at me???

Sorry, it's my immaturity shining through :LOL: