I like how the sample in the end seems to possibly flow into The Handler,as previously noted. In the Making Of vid for Defector,there seemed to be a little synth part in the very end,that might flow into Revolt given all these reviews describing it as a pop song. Seems like we have a sort of cohesion finally...

All that said, Mutt has done Muse justice. If people dare to whine about the mixing, they're just whining. I said before it was intentional to capture a sound, playing Mercy into Reapers makes it obvious these songs were all mixed to achieve a degree of consistency/coherency/fluidity.

Fabri already is :LOL:

Not sure why, it isn't bad at all

People have complained about the robotic nature of the vocals (with how they're produced/mixed more so than how they're delivered), which I think is a valid complaint. Doesn't ruin the song for me though, and I understand the stylistic choice.

People have complained about the robotic nature of the vocals (with how they're produced/mixed more so than how they're delivered), which I think is a valid complaint. Doesn't ruin the song for me though, and I understand the stylistic choice.

Again, mixed to capture a sound. Some people would say that's overproduction but it does the song great justice

That electric / robotic nature fits very well for this kind of song.

Again, mixed to capture a sound. Some people would say that's overproduction but it does the song great justice

That electric / robotic nature fits very well for this kind of song.

I agree with you both, I'm just saying I can understand if people don't like how it sounds.

Even though I agree with you entirely on this whole thing, I still think it's valid for one to say they don't like the production or style choice due purely to the sound it creates, but they should show acknowledgement of the fact it's supposed to form a mood or theme derived from the narrative.

I agree with you both, I'm just saying I can understand if people don't like how it sounds.

Of course, everyone has different opinions. It's one thing to dislike something and another to say it's bad which implies "objectively bad" tho :LOL:

Even though I agree with you entirely on this whole thing, I still think it's valid for one to say they don't like the production or style choice due purely to the sound it creates, but they should show acknowledgement of the fact it's supposed to form a mood or theme derived from the narrative.

Also agree

I have literally no idea what people are talking about when referring to good/bad mix :LOL:

Sounds good to me!

You're lucky then :LOL: Sometimes it can be annoying

Not the case though, really good mix that match the theme of the song pretty well

I have literally no idea what people are talking about when referring to good/bad mix :LOL:

Sounds good to me!

Seems like it's mainly people looking for an excuse to complain imo :LOL:

Not sure how people can make it seem like it's unlistenable

Seems like it's mainly people looking for an excuse to complain imo :LOL:

Not sure how people can make it seem like it's unlistenable

Well my gf is almost as into Muse as I am, and she hasn't been able to stand the vocals for Reapers and Mercy, she thinks they sound pitch-corrected and overproduced. It ruined Reapers for her and she loves the live version. I tried to persuade her otherwise but to no avail.