I understand the sentiment behind "I go to a football match for football" but I still don't understand how it's a nuisance as long as it's at reasonable volumes.

Isn't exactly a place of reverence.

Agreed, lol. It's like getting annoyed because someone tried to have a chat with you whilst at a match, and going to them,

"Sorry, can't talk, here to watch the football only."

Looking forward to people forgetting that The Globalist (and other 6-7 minute tracks, as always) is 10 minutes long if/when they play it, and moaning about the limited number of tracks in the set list. :rolleyes:

CE being played never decreased the amount of songs

If they can play KoC and CE without taking a song away, they can do this one.

I understand the sentiment behind "I go to a football match for football" but I still don't understand how it's a nuisance as long as it's at reasonable volumes.

Isn't exactly a place of reverence.

The FA are hardly on the pulse with popular culture. 'How can we jazz up the cup final?' 'I hear that Muse thing is rather popular' 'agreed old chap'

CE being played never decreased the amount of songs

If they can play KoC and CE without taking a song away, they can do this one.

That's a good thing, obviously, but I'd have no problem if they omitted two 3-4 minute tracks and played CE as an alternative, for example.

Yep, hours ago :)

We did.

Yup someone posted it up here earlier today, guess it is either Reapers or the Handler.

Come inside son...

GVFbI3L.gif

Oh.

There I was thinking I had some breaking news to blow everyone away :LOL:

Listened to it properly now and it's a fine tune. Certainly better than anything from the last 2 albums. For me, the bass in the verses is far too low and the mix just doesn't seem quite right. Chorus and outro are amazing.

Uhm... But the Man With An Harmonica intro isn't included in the studio version. The Globalist has three long sections already included, instead.

Even without that it still sort of has three movements, albeit short ones,

Intro/riff

Verse

Build up/outro riff

With the fills marking the transition between each.

Just got home from work and had a chance to listen to Reapers. Wow.

Think the guitar sounds decidedly more classic rock than it did live like we all thought they would, and I think it works seriously well. Really, really like the vocoder effect on Matt's voice during the chorus.

It does say 'exclusive' tbf, that'd imply that no one's heard whatever it is before. Then again, we've had a few media outlets bullshitting a bit about 'first listens' and exclusivity this album build-up so it could easily be Reapers.
And to be fair, most of us aren't supposed to have heard it yet if they thought this levers thing was meant to stay exclusive to those who went and found them :chuckle: could mean we won't have an official release of it for a few days but I'm still expecting it sooner than the FA cup.

So nobody noticed this but it seems like the track has morphed in studio even more than expected. The Insta clip doesn't fit in with the final production at all, no hooligan vocsls probably due to the well received vocal delay debuted live in March, the guitar snippet you can hear isn't in the final mix, and I didn't hear that drum fill either. Guitar also sounds slightly diff from the Insta snippet too.

All that said, Mutt has done Muse justice. If people dare to whine about the mixing, they're just whining. I said before it was intentional to capture a sound, playing Mercy into Reapers makes it obvious these songs were all mixed to achieve a degree of consistency/coherency/fluidity.

I feel bad for doubting JJ now

:xmas: