I love how the song sounds like it's a modern warfare, so "robotic" (dronic? :LOL:). It fits completely the theme and the lyrics. I haven't noticed that in the live recordings, studio version sounds more like it. And yeah, when the solo starts is definitely a bombing. That's cool!

Because the video has the lyrics in it?

Knew you'd say that. :rolleyes:

What I mean is it may as well feature as both the music and lyric video because of the amount of content which isn't lyrics, and at this point the line between both types of video is blurred so much it effectively functions as both anyway.

This really got me hyped for the album tbh. 3/4 songs so far have been great, and Defector and The Globalist both show promise.

I feel the same way, the most disappointing song is Psycho (and it's great live) but I don't dislike it enough to skip the track. If they can keep it up, this will be their best album since i always skip at least one track on the album because I can't stand it (TOADA and Feeling Good)

This is the best production of any Muse album thus far, just a very piercing sound. Not muddy at all and Matt's guitar has never sounded so powerful on an album before without it being to loud. So glad this didn't pull a Supremacy, which is still a great song but its unusually weaker on the album than it is live. Reapers is almost better on the album!!!

Reapers 10/10

Dead Inside 10/10

Pyscho 9/10

Mercy 8/10

Best start to an album since Absolution, bring not the rest!!

THAT CHORUS THOUGH! :facemelt:

Probably just me. Solo was not as good as when performed live imo also. I don't know, will listen again later.

The solo sounds more electronic and digitalised, which is great as it reflects the themes.

This really got me hyped for the album tbh. 3/4 songs so far have been great, and Defector and The Globalist both show promise.

Yup. Mercy has been the only underwhelming track for me.

Starting to wonder if this might be the first Muse album that sounds better in studio. The production, instrumentation and Matt's flawless vocal delivery really take the songs we've heard so far to another level.

I believe they are yes, run every hour.

I'm not entirely sure - however the Skylink (I believe) goes just outside Donington Park, literally just outside it.

EDIT: On Maps on each step it should give you a link to the website of the company doing each transport run, so that should be able to give you exact times

Manchester to Nottingham train (£5), Skylink to Donington Park (£3.40), Skylink from Donington Park to Leicester (£7), Leicester to Manchester on coach (£5)

So so so tempting. Is the bus stop you're talking about at the very west part of the airport near the car park? If so I think I've got it sorted if I go, just need to find out where to go when I get off the bus

Yup. Mercy has been the only underwhelming track for me.

Starting to wonder if this might be the first Muse album that sounds better in studio. The production, instrumentation and Matt's flawless vocal delivery really take the songs we've heard so far to another level.

I much prefer Mercy live, particularly the Jools Holland performance

I'm not a massive fan of the layered chorus vocal that is more prominent on the studio version