Maybe they announce US tour tomorrow? I just read this thread...

I can see the announcement we're supposed to be 'marking our calenders' for being that + Mercy video. Then a stream a couple of days later.

So far, most anticipated to least anticipated:

1.) The Globalist

2.) The Handler

3.) Defector

4.) Aftermath

5.) Drones

6.) Revolt

I find it hard to rank the ones we've heard so far, but I think I'd say:

1.) Reapers

2.) Dead Inside

3.) Mercy

4.) Psycho

Edited by Aeterna

So far, most anticipated to least anticipated:

1.) The Globalist

2.) The Handler

3.) Defector

4.) Aftermath

5.) Drones

I find it hard to rank the ones we've heard so far, but I think I'd say:

1.) Reapers

2.) Dead Inside

3.) Mercy

4.) Psycho

Revolt?

My own list:

The Handler

Drones

The Globalist

Revolt

Aftermath

Defector

Do we know anything about Revolt except that it is a pop song with a catchy Chorus?

Length: 4:05

Lyrics/Theme:

The protagonist of the music fights back and “retakes control of themselves”. – Matt (Radio 1)

“…the positive side of the album.” – Matt (Triple J)

“How did we get in so much trouble? / Getting out just Seems impossible”– Rockol (Italian) translation

“…we live in a toxic jungle, truth is suppressed to a mumble.” – Classic Rock (German) translation

“Our liberty’s only a loan to be taxed, controlled by psychos and drones”- Ouest France (French) translation

“A chorus of a thousand singers “You’ve got strength, you’ve got soul.””- Triple M

Music:

“Another song, straight, perhaps one of the straightest of the album, with a nice opening melody and a couple of changes of time, while the protagonist sings the doubts of rebellion… One of the next single?”- Rockol (Italian) translation

“The protagonist calls for a revolution in the form of a power ballad… This is one of the [album’s] poppiest offerings, not too far removed from ‘With or Without You’ by U2. [Matt’s] voice is strangely distorted, and becomes brutally shrill/piercing at times. But here, [nonetheless], [lies] the catchiest chorus on the album.”- Ouest France (French) translation

“Revolt is among their most creative songs, a two-speed storm built on monumental riffs” – NME

Length: 4:05

Lyrics/Theme:

The protagonist of the music fights back and “retakes control of themselves”. – Matt (Radio 1)

“…the positive side of the album.” – Matt (Triple J)

“How did we get in so much trouble? / Getting out just Seems impossible”– Rockol (Italian) translation

“…we live in a toxic jungle, truth is suppressed to a mumble.” – Classic Rock (German) translation

“Our liberty’s only a loan to be taxed, controlled by psychos and drones”- Ouest France (French) translation

“A chorus of a thousand singers “You’ve got strength, you’ve got soul.””- Triple M

Music:

“Another song, straight, perhaps one of the straightest of the album, with a nice opening melody and a couple of changes of time, while the protagonist sings the doubts of rebellion… One of the next single?”- Rockol (Italian) translation

“The protagonist calls for a revolution in the form of a power ballad… This is one of the [album’s] poppiest offerings, not too far removed from ‘With or Without You’ by U2. [Matt’s] voice is strangely distorted, and becomes brutally shrill/piercing at times. But here, [nonetheless], [lies] the catchiest chorus on the album.”- Ouest France (French) translation

“Revolt is among their most creative songs, a two-speed storm built on monumental riffs” – NME

Ah, thanks. But the last Point was probably about Defector, wasn't it?

Okey, I will do my hype list too. God, I hope they release the album (leak or streaming) soon, I'm dying :LOL:.

1) The Globalist

2) The Handler

3) Defector

4) Aftermath

5) Revolt

6) Drones

We'll see how they'll rank once I hear them.

As for the songs we've already hear:

1) Reapers

2) Dead Inside

3) Psycho

4) Mercy

"Catchiest chorus of all time"

Heh, I wasn't aware of that. Even if it's poppy might still be pretty decent. I thought Revolt was going to be shocking but maybe it won't... Sort of reminds me of TIRO... Or is that a completely stupid assumption idk :LOL:

"Catchiest chorus of all time"

Heh, I wasn't aware of that. Even if it's poppy might still be pretty decent. I thought Revolt was going to be shocking but maybe it won't... Sort of reminds me of TIRO... Or is that a completely stupid assumption idk :LOL:

I imagine it to be like Mercy, with less guitar and a better Chorus. And with very, very bad lyrics.

NME said it was their favourite but we're not too sure if they didn't accidentally confuse it with the handler...

Doesn't matter either way for me. I've never agreed with their opinions on songs. They put I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor in their top ten songs of all time.

That quote about the chorus sounding like a thousand singers in Revolt is new to me. May place it above Drones actually.