Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

The vocals on the verses are my second favourite thing about the song, behind the breakdown which is one of the best things they've done in the last 9 years imo. The outro is the only part of the song that I find particularly boring as well (apart from the main riff), I usually switch off at that point.

Also, have you seen it live? It's a fucking beast. Easily one of the best songs I've seen them play, and I've seen some pretty decent ones.

I know it's your opinion, man, but...fuck.

Lol seems like our opinions differ greatly. That breakdown is more boring than the boring chord progression in Dead Inside when the guitar kicks in imo. It does nothing for the song and breaks up the song as a superfluous slow section that detracts from the entire thing. I have seen it live too and it did nothing for me live. I would never think of US as a track that showcases any of Muse's talent live, either. The 15 seconds we've heard of Defector are better than US in its entirety in my eyes too.

US sounds way better live than studio.

for sure, was massive when i saw it and one of the highlights - especially followed by the Freedom riff

however i can understand that people don't like it as a song, I won't usually listen to it unless it's a live version and even then it's usually only to play along to

It was way better live, but I guess that's not saying a ton, imo.

The bridge was awesome, and much of the bad vocal delivery was altered for the better, but I think I'd still have traded it for SS, even if I'd seen that one twice already.

On album it's boring, derivative, and has delivery on some words that make me cringe a bit. And the lyrics come across as pretty disingenuous.

It felt like Muse's attempt to do another "heavy rock" track but ended up uninspired and devoid of the emotional presentation that their other material typically had (a problem on several TR tracks.) And I still fear that a bit about Drones.

So I've been working on this for quite some time. I decided to take what we know instrument wise of Reapers and just make a "studio" like version for giggles, while we wait for the real song to drop (at least is has less "the new one!" in it :p )

I have such difficulty with EQ'ing so i do apologize if certain things can be quieter or louder.

Oh and there's no vocals because yeah...not even gunna try...

So here it is----->

Again, its just an attempt to try and make use of what we have so far, so hopefully you guys enjoy!

So here it is----->

Again, its just an attempt to try and make use of what we have so far, so hopefully you guys enjoy!

Goddaaaaaamn, that was awesome. Cheers for sharing.

The real studio version is going to be fucking mental.

So I've been working on this for quite some time. I decided to take what we know instrument wise of Reapers and just make a "studio" like version for giggles, while we wait for the real song to drop (at least is has less "the new one!" in it :p )

I have such difficulty with EQ'ing so i do apologize if certain things can be quieter or louder.

So here it is----->

breddy gud

So here it is----->

Love it. The "Killed by" part sounds a bit weird :p But overall damn I love it

So here it is----->

love it!

(but inb4 Muse post the real studio version of Reapers today or something ;) )

So here it is----->

Awesome, really awesome! Good work

After hearing it, yeah, this looks like it's going to be a good album.

I really like the verses but find the chorus to be rather lackluster when compared to the rest of the song. But I look forward to the album version which I'm sure will sound 100x better (just because I like studio songs more).

Looking forward to this album.

Looks like (for me at least) most of the Reapers videos have been blocked from youtube, do people think this is indicative of it being dropped as a single next week?

Not sure if they're blocked for me but I highly doubt it'd have anything to do with it being a single. Lots of songs get blocked, regardless of whether they're singles or not.

The blocking seems to be back to being localized, for some reason, with other songs still being universally muted for no reason (such as every version of RBS from SECC.)

It's literally just some guys trolling around on YouTube submitting reports for stuff to be blocked, although they probably focus more on the new stuff, it's often random.