Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

I mentioned it in the other thread I think but does this confirm that this is not actually a song about drone warfare but in fact another stupid Kate Hudson song.

It should have been obvious to us in the first line. "Home, is becoming a killing field, there's a crosshair locked on my heart"

Matt and Kate are in a war of love epic theme for a song...

I guess it's pretty heavy at least.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

I mentioned it in the other thread I think but does this confirm that this is not actually a song about drone warfare but in fact another stupid Kate Hudson song.

It should have been obvious to us in the first line. "Home, is becoming a killing field, there's a crosshair locked on my heart"

Matt and Kate are in a war of love epic theme for a song...

I guess it's pretty heavy at least.

Aren't most Muse songs like that anyhow? They're all about a girl in some way or another.

"Friendly" is relative, baybeh :joker::awesome::love::twitchy:

:ninja:

.mu affair.

:ninja:

Edited by JessicaSarahS

Makes it interesting though. More Abso like as people have mentioned. I also don't think Matt (or a lot of people really) could make an epic concept album of lyrics solely on drone warfare.

He managed to make a song about a girl and 911, so why the hell not drone warfare?

And yeah, so much of their work has had the double meaning thing, not sure why people seem so shocked.

One review (can't remember which) said that the guitar is very high in the mix for this song...please let it be true

I want the bass to be fuzzed up and loud too. The bassline adds a lot of depth to the otherwise kind of empty-feeling verses.

One review (can't remember which) said that the guitar is very high in the mix for this song...please let it be true

It was from the Rockol track-by-track review. Here's the (rather poor) google translation:

Guitars leading players, high in the mix of instruments, including riffs and solos, with the distorted voice that screams "Killed by drones."

Guitars leading players, high in the mix of instruments, including riffs and solos, with the distorted voice that screams "Killed by drones."

Distorted voice confirmed then? :awesome:

Good to know it won't just be those IG hooligan shouts.

Yeah, judging from live footage, it seems to feature some pretty cool bass work, i'd be a pity if the bass was too "absent" on the album

It's been heavily present so far, the only thing is that it just lacked some punchiness in Mercy but it was quite present in the mix.

Ahh so he stretches the A from CIA on for two syllables. Fair enough then. Either way it's not a great lyric but I'm not too fussed about it at all.

EDIT: Oh wait he doesn't, he just spaces the letters out more than I thought he did. Well I'm glad that's settled.