Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

They did that whole university tour before BHAR was released that involved a treasure hunt via setlist anagrams!! That was a US exclusive.

I'm not really smart enough for that sort of thing.

I'd also forgotten about that; had just gotten a promotion at work that I severely underestimated, hated SMBH, and sort of went on a short Muse hiatus.

Oh okay :LOL:

I just assumed this was a different person.

Nah, it wasn't me.

I'm not really smart enough for that sort of thing.

I'd also forgotten about that; had just gotten a promotion at work that I severely underestimated, hated SMBH, and sort of went on a short Muse hiatus.

The tour they're talking about was in 2005, before SMBH was released, so your excuse in invalid :p

Nah, it wasn't me.

The tour they're talking about was in 2005, before SMBH was released, so your excuse in invalid :p

I remember them touring in 2005, but it being a minimum of 10 hours away from me, and completely ignoring it.

After I missed each of those gigs, I got pissed off (depressed) enough that I didn't listen to the band for long periods of time.

Really got back into being obsessed right before TR came out, and was a bit crushed at that time thinking that I'd missed the band's peak period.

Also, in the subsequent tours, they've eliminated more and more of the Midwestern areas they used to stop at, making my chances of seeing them narrower and narrower. :(

Could this be the next bass player workout after New Born?

I've always found SS to be tough, at least when using fingers.

The verses in Reapers are so fun to play, I've got tiny hands to it is quite a workout for me. I hope it cuts through well on the album. The bass on Drones has been excellent so far.

The verses in Reapers are so fun to play, I've got tiny hands to it is quite a workout for me. I hope it cuts through well on the album. The bass on Drones has been excellent so far.

IMO this is way easier than New Born because you don't have to play it on 3 strings. If anything, a sped up Mercy would be harder I think.

I agree! New Born isn't that tough to play, SS with fingers though!! That's a tough one.

I remember them touring in 2005, but it being a minimum of 10 hours away from me, and completely ignoring it.

Really got back into being obsessed right before TR came out, and was a bit crushed at that time thinking that I'd missed the band's peak period.

This seems pretty familiar to me. :chuckle:

Missed Absolution Tour because I'd just got into the band and wasn't paying attention.

Missed BHAR Tour because I didn't know it had been announced and then it was too late.

Missed HAARP Tour because I couldn't get travel to London and back though I could afford tickets.

When TR Tour sold out, I just went on eBay. Couldn't be bothered missing anymore by then. :chuckle:

This seems pretty familiar to me. :chuckle:

Missed Absolution Tour because I'd just got into the band and wasn't paying attention.

Missed BHAR Tour because I didn't know it had been announced and then it was too late.

Missed HAARP Tour because I couldn't get travel to London and back though I could afford tickets.

When TR Tour sold out, I just went on eBay. Couldn't be bothered missing anymore by then. :chuckle:

:chuckle: Even with my breaks, I managed to get tickets for everything before this year... I just couldn't manage to GET to any of the gigs until '10.

Luckily, the TR tour in my area had floor tickets available right up until the show, because that time I actually DID miss the onsale because of being out for work training.

I still get a little choked up thinking about those two US club gigs. :(

Yeah, I think it was just that I'd spent years comforting myself in the knowledge that at least those songs would never be played so I wasn't missing out, and then they pulled them out of nowhere, haha! Even if I'd been in Japan though, it would have been too expensive to get to Tokyo and go to the show, even if I could have got tickets, and even though I'm in the UK now, it would have been far too much hassle to go to one of the recent shows. Glad some of the songs did get an outing though. It's nice to see from time to time.

When did sources say it would be played on Jools? I read someone who was there say the other song is DI.

No, sources only said that Reapers will be released tomorrow. But there's the possibility that Muse play Reapers on Jools, which would be good Promotion.

Edited by DyingAtheist98