Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

The new recording actually proves that he's saying "Killed by drones" lol. Talk about terrible enunciation the last couple times, or just a bad live mix.

told u guys he was saying drones not control

I'm so hyped for a studio version of this song

Idk how any of you guys are in denial about the outro being part of the song. It's got Chris yelling "drones" or "control" or both over it with vocoder. It's not a random riff.

I think I was just trying to stop myself from getting my hopes up too much to avoid the possibility of being really disappointed. I've been pretty confident it'd be on the album for a while now though.

Definitely sings radicalised at 2.37

yeah second chorus is definitely " now i am radicalised," first chorus sounds like it ends with something like "all you've got is ..." ?

edit: kinda sounds like "all you've got is criminals" but i really can't be sure on that last word

From what we've seen/heard, it looks like there's two variants of the chorus:

Lies and deceit

And the world is/Bodies on the shore

We've got the sea/We've got to see or some shit

All you've got is...

and

Mind control/whatever roll

And the world is/Bodies on the shore

Reapers and horsemen

Now I am radicalised

The order seems like it goes 1, 2, then 1&2 at the end but sometimes they fuck it up and get them the wrong way round so it's hard to tell definitively.

Probably stating the obvious here but thought I'd make it clear just in case anyone was confused.

Edited by Jobby

From what we've seen/heard, it looks like there's two variants of the chorus:

Lies and deceit

And the world is... (or something like that)

We've got the sea/We've got to see or some shit

All you've got is...

and

Mind control/whatever roll

And the world is...

Reapers and horsemen

Now I am radicalised

The order seems like it goes 1, 2, then 1&2 at the end but sometimes they fuck it up and get them the wrong way round so it's hard to tell definitively.

Probably stating the obvious here but thought I'd make it clear just in case anyone was confused.

Good stuff. There's the whole "blood is/bodies on the shore" business as well

There are a good number of videos where you could read Matt's labial, though (I'm referring to the Psycho Tour videos).

When I was really desperate to find out the lyrics, I tried reading his lips. Quickly gave up though 'cause I'm really shit at it :chuckle: If anyone else reckons they can do it though, feel free to give it a bash.

Side note - this song is crazy fun to play. Probably the most fun Muse song for guitar so far.

The barrier at iHeart was moved to 3 feet from the stage, and still, Matt's fingers were just a blur. It's stunning to watch!

Hey, I know you ;)

Yes, Reapers at iHeartRadio was a huge highlight of that gig! Something about the energy of that song was perfect for that teeny tiny venue!

I am so excited to hear a studio version of this song, and finally learn what the true lyrics are! From what I've been able to make out, I like the lyrics to this one a lot!

I spent all day trying to crack this:

The UK gigs had the 'we will rise in the sea' type stuff but now that line doesn't seem to make an appearance in the recent New York gigs - replaced by 'kill by remote control / mind control'. It may have also been 'bodies on the shore' at one time, but again now replaced by 'War is all a show'. (that's what I'm hearing anyway, and makes perfect sense to me.)

I'm 99% confident these are the correct lyrics based on Webster Hall/iheart recordings. I wonder why the different versions at the New York gigs compared to the UK ones. Just Matt experimenting while he can? He did seem to be constantly switching the order of lines at each UK gig (which did my head in before deciding to just focus on the recent recordings). Anyway...

Home, it's becoming a killing field

There's a cross hair locked on my heart

With no recourse

And there's no one behind the wheel

Hellfire

You're wiping me out

Killed by!

Kill by remote control

War is all a show

You gotta see I am open

I acknowledge to launch

War, war just moved up a gear

I don't think I can handle the truth

I'm just a pawn

And we're all expendable

Incidentally

Electronically erased

Killed by! ( might sometimes be wiped out! )

Kill by mind control

Warriors of a show (could be 'war is all a show' again)

Become reapers and horsemen

Now I am radicalised

(awesome solo then repeat chorus 1 and 2)

Kill by remote control

War is all a show

You gotta see I am open

I acknowledge to launch

Kill by mind control

Warriors of a show

Become reapers and horsemen

Now I am radical love (could still be 'radicalised' but he just cuts off the 'ised')

+ Chris's sexy bit in the background? =

Do you really know how to take a life?

Edited by Soul_Flux

I wonder why the different versions at the New York gigs compared to the UK ones. Just Matt experimenting while he can? He did seem to be constantly switching the order of lines at each UK gig (which did my head in before deciding to just focus on the recent recordings). Anyway...

More likely he just fucks up and gets the lines mixed up sometimes.

Also, footage from the Webster Hall gig shows that one of the lines is definitely 'And the world is [something]', not anything about warriors.

Edit: Chris sings the 'lies and deceit' line in the first chorus at WH while Matt sings 'mind control'. Probably more proof that they still get the lyrics mixed up.

Edited by Jobby

From watching the pro shot of this from KROQ weenie roast...the vocoder bit that Morgan says in the chorus appears to be "killed by".

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet?

Been mentioned for quite a while now but this is about as close to "confirmed" as we've gotten for that lyric :p

Been mentioned for quite a while now but this is about as close to "confirmed" as we've gotten for that lyric :p

Ah my bad...they have a close up shot of Morgan saying it so I'm pretty certain that's what it is. Bit cheesy, I'm worried that it will sound gash on the studio version

Ah my bad...they have a close up shot of Morgan saying it so I'm pretty certain that's what it is. Bit cheesy, I'm worried that it will sound gash on the studio version

I don't think it'll be too prominent in the mix myself, what I'm more worried about actually is how the chorus sounds in the song on record. I'm afraid of it sounding flimsy