I haven't been on many gigs yet, just 3. I guess it's not time yet for me to join the club.

I've just been to 2 gigs and hate it :LOL: Being there I can stand everything, because it's so different from watching a stream, buuuuuuuuuuut, I've seen enought streams to grow tired of it :LOL:

Mercy looks like it's fucking immense live.

Meh, immense isn't really the word I'd use. It's enjoyable and a nice spectacle with the confetti and everything but it's not particularly heavy or intense.

Maybe they did plan on JFK + Defector but ditched the idea cos they weren't feeling it or something

I see no other reason to make the encore so basic and shove Uprising in the beginning of the set

Encore's been basic for a while now, whether Uprising's in it or not. Defector won't have been on the setlist, they'll most likely just wait until the arena tour to debut it.

Also, yeah, MWAH is the bane of every Muse set and needs to fuck off along with the new shitty jam so they can play a couple more of their own actual songs. Of course, they won't do that 'cause ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder why they didn't even bother to use the JFK intro for Uprising mid-set. Weird. I can't even keep up with Muse logic.

JFK + Uprising doesn't even make sense as an encore opener, much less mid-set when the speech would be far more anticlimatic.

Also, yeah, MWAH is the bane of every Muse set and needs to fuck off along with the new shitty jam so they can play a couple more of their own actual songs.

I think the drum and bass jam is highly necessary since all eyes and cameras are on Matt 95% of the time. The jam gives Chris and Dom time to shine and it is only fair.

I think the drum and bass jam is highly necessary since all eyes and cameras are on Matt 95% of the time. The jam gives Chris and Dom time to shine and it is only fair.

Pretty sure they only do it so Matt can have a rest. I highly doubt they're fussed about who the audience is paying attention to after 20 years.

It also gives Matt time to rest his voice. Specially when they're doing as little riff outros as ever this tour (compare to TR-era, in which they did a lot of outros besides Helsinki + never-ending UD intro :LOL:)

Pretty sure they only do it so Matt can have a rest. I highly doubt they're fussed about who the audience is paying attention to after 20 years.
Maybe. But if it's 20 years of Matt being the one in the spotlight, maybe they're finally sick of it. Who knows.

New jam is proper poo and is easily the most boring one they'd had so far. If it was actually an entertaining piece of music I'd be alright with it, but this is pretty much Osaka Jam 3.0. Chris' playing really lacks variation in the jams imo, with the exception of Monty, and it's making them feel monotonous at this point.

I can handle the jam, and Matt does need a break.

He probs wouldn't if he was a bit fitter.

Maybe. But if it's 20 years of Matt being the one in the spotlight, maybe they're finally sick of it. Who knows.

Massively unlikely. Chris doesn't even really seem to like much spotlight at all, hence why he usually turns away from the audience during the jams and stopped playing his own songs.