2015.03.23 - Brighton Dome, Brighton,UK

Craaig

Really liking Reapers now having heard it 3 times live now, the guitar work v clear yesterday. Lots proggy broken chords. Overall sound for Muse was really sharp and perfectly balanced even though the mixing desk looked tiny. One of my favourite Muse gigs ever and I've been to over 30 now, partly helped by getting a great spot in this lovely little venue. Matt playing with us in the intro to PIB was jokes, great to see him engaging with the crowd much more.

IMO Marmosets have potential but suffered from having substandard acoustics of the whack-all-amps-up-to-max variety, and the girl needs to learn to mix in her screaming with some singing or at least vary the intensity of it a bit. Even Cobain didn't scream all the time, and Dave Grohl is a master of the judiciously placed scream.

Feel much less enthusiastic for Download now, having been to Newport, Exeter and Brighton. And my body is sore! In fact Muse should just coming and gig in my house.:cool:

Really liking Reapers now having heard it 3 times live now, the guitar work v clear yesterday. Lots proggy broken chords. Overall sound for Muse was really sharp and perfectly balanced even though the mixing desk looked tiny. One of my favourite Muse gigs ever and I've been to over 30 now, partly helped by getting a great spot in this lovely little venue. Matt playing with us in the intro to PIB was jokes, great to see him engaging with the crowd much more.

IMO Marmosets have potential but suffered from having substandard acoustics of the whack-all-amps-up-to-max variety, and the girl needs to learn to mix in her screaming with some singing or at least vary the intensity of it a bit. Even Cobain didn't scream all the time, and Dave Grohl is a master of the judiciously placed scream.

Feel much less enthusiastic for Download now, having been to Newport, Exeter and Brighton. And my body is sore! In fact Muse should just coming and gig in my house.:cool:

What?

and the girl needs to learn to mix in her screaming with some singing or at least vary the intensity of it a bit. Even Cobain didn't scream all the time, and Dave Grohl is a master of the judiciously placed scream.

Oh, I'll take an issue with that - I very, VERY much disagree. No-one needs to 'learn' to mix in their screaming with some singing (tell that to a black metal band). That's simply her vocal style. You can't really say 'uhhhh, if you sung a bit more your songs would sound a lot prettier and more people would like them'... it doesn't really work with those guys.

Personally I love the raw sound to her voice - adore it in fact - and she does sing in a purer way in the choruses, so you can't really accuse her of screaming the whole way through. Unfortunately if you're not a fan of her vocal style, you're probably not destined to be a fan of the band. *shrug*

. No-one needs to 'learn' to mix in their screaming with some singing (tell that to a black metal band). she does sing in a purer way in the choruses, so you can't really accuse her of screaming the whole way through.

I stated IMO in the beginning of the post: IMO they'd have more potential with a more varied use of the scream. The clip (which is a studio clip) you show is much better IMO than how she sang during the 3 live gigs I saw. Which was 90-95 pc screaming in most if not all the songs (and therefore boring instead of exciting). They are young and therefore, yes, they do need to learn IF they are to develop their musical skills. IMO. Which they may choose not to do, and nor do I care either way. I like raw screaming when well done eg Cobain and Grohl. They used/use that rawness with a skill that Becca has not yet mastered on the evidence of the 3 gigs I have seen her in. IMO.

Brighton was utterly amazing. Been aching all day but it's been thoroughly worth it! And I can just about see the back of my head in that mosh pit video during KoC :p

I'm not a fan of Marmozets but I felt bad for them as it seemed that the people around me weren't really enjoying her material so most people stood by very static. However people were telling her the mic was really quiet and she just snapped back saying something along the lines of "well it's not my fault, go tell it to the tech guys" which really put me off. I mean, it wouldn't have hurt to just acknowledge the fact we couldn't hear you and maybe do something about it...

Not the best support act I've seen. Sorry!

Edited by crazytan786

it seemed that the people around me weren't really enjoying her material so most people stood by very static. However people were telling her the mic was really quiet and she just snapped back saying something along the lines of "well it's not my fault, go tell it to the tech guys" which really put me off. I mean, it wouldn't have hurt to just acknowledge the fact we couldn't hear you and maybe do something about it...

Not the best support act I've seen. Sorry!

Mebbe the techies didn't like her incessant screaming either.......

Is it just this tour where the balloons have been changed to black?

I do think the Marmozets singer has a good vocal range and the balance between normal singing and screaming vocals isn't that bad. I don't normally like screaming vocals over a sustained period, but I think she's got a decent balance. I have said that the acoustics for me were a bit wrong. It's one that the mic was off half the time, as has been discussed, but it also seemed to have a strangely stale quality. Not sure how to describe it but it didn't feel as vibrant as Muse's sound did.

I thought the crowd near where I was quite liked them. There was even a pit near where I was stood during a few songs.

That's great, how lucky! and missing the Marmozets was a good thing unless you want bleeding ears.

Also, what on earth is with the Marmozets hate? I thought they were phenomenal, and also didn't find any issue with the acoustics (we were stood house left, 10 or so rows from the front). One of the most exciting live bands I've seen for a while and I absolutely love their sound. I thought it was an awesome bonus to have a support band I actually liked :happy:

I don't hate them; I just don't like screaming, except very occasionally. She has such a great voice I would prefer to hear her sing. They are definitely very talented, and a great live band, just not for me.

Is it just this tour where the balloons have been changed to black?

I thought the crowd near where I was quite liked them. There was even a pit near where I was stood during a few songs.

In Manchester some of the balloons were of the old eyeball design. I'm guessing they had a few spare eyeball ones lying around so they used them up and got a load of new black ones.

And yeah, there was a pit during pretty much every Marmozets song from what I could see. I think it was the same group of people responsible for each one, most of them boardies I think.

I stated IMO in the beginning of the post: IMO they'd have more potential with a more varied use of the scream. The clip (which is a studio clip) you show is much better IMO than how she sang during the 3 live gigs I saw. Which was 90-95 pc screaming in most if not all the songs (and therefore boring instead of exciting). They are young and therefore, yes, they do need to learn IF they are to develop their musical skills. IMO. Which they may choose not to do, and nor do I care either way. I like raw screaming when well done eg Cobain and Grohl. They used/use that rawness with a skill that Becca has not yet mastered on the evidence of the 3 gigs I have seen her in. IMO.

WHY MENTION DAVE AND KURT THOUGH.

Do you only own one album?

In Manchester some of the balloons were of the old eyeball design. I'm guessing they had a few spare eyeball ones lying around so they used them up and got a load of new black ones.

And yeah, there was a pit during pretty much every Marmozets song from what I could see. I think it was the same group of people responsible for each one, most of them boardies I think.

Hullo.

I'm way too unfit for the pittage I subjected myself to on Monday :LOL:. My neck kills.

Me too. I'm still aching all over the shop, and I'm fairly sure a few of these bruises are your fault :LOL:

Best pit at a Muse gig ever though, seriously.

(IMO.)