2015.03.23 - Brighton Dome, Brighton,UK

Craaig

Yeah, I was not a fan of meeting them that way, so many of the fans acted like retards. One asked matt if her mum/nan can touch him or if he could touch her or something.

It was just a bit weird and I've never been a fan of standing waiting for someone, I just don't usually do it (I work in tv so it's not really the done thing). Some hardcore fans there - particularly the French who'd been to every gig and were pretty tenacious :stunned:

When had you met Dom previously?

In 2010 I was working on a music tv show and we were filming backstage at Reading Festival, I went along for a change (usually stuck in the office). So much fun, spotted Dom hanging out enjoying the festival and was happy with that, but my colleagues called him over to talk to me and he obliged, I looked awful having filmed all day but he was super nice and chatty :) My smile is like :D in the photos

Now I make serious programmes - like documentaries or things with the Hairy Bikers in it...not quite the same.

Sad to see all this hate for Marmozets. I thought they were supurb last night. Muse were phenomenal. Great setlist even though it got one less rarity due to Dead Inside (which I thought sounded better live but I'm still not sure what I think about the song yet). It was surreal being able to sing along to Muse playing The Groove and Uno especially in such a small environment. I was over the moon to hear Bliss as it's managed to avoid me at all my previous gigs. It seems like Hysteria has improved greatly on this tour aswell. Happy days:D

I like Marmozets on record but I wasn't so impressed by the performance. Poor acoustics didn't help. At several points it sounded like the singer's mic wasn't on.

I must say the sound was among the crispest I've ever heard at a Muse show. I didn't realise how much I'd missed Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome until last night, while The Groove also sounded sweet. MOTP and Bliss were also phenomenal. Psycho was one hell of an opening to boot. To think someone said on here it wouldn't work as an opener. :chuckle:

I liked the premiere of Dead Inside being played insanely loudly through the speakers. Sounded better live than the recording did.

To me, I also had one other observation - it seemed to me like band and crowd were quite bored during Supermassive.

To me, I also had one other observation - it seemed to me like band and crowd were quite bored during Supermassive.

For me, I was having a rest (starting at Starlight) having gone mental for the first 2/3 of the main set so I'd actually have energy for the encore without passing out (which was a good idea because the encore was absolute madness).

Uprising was most strangely dead song I thought. Almost no reaction at all, which was odd.

Hmmm. That too now I think of it, which wasn't helped by the one bum moment sonically during their set, in that I couldn't hear the bass riff. I guess I felt it more during SMBH as I know its (by chart position and sales, anyway) Muse's most well-known track, yet the crowd seemed more game for all the other stuff.

But yeah it was an odd moment. Given I remember that pair starting a pitch-length moshpit at Wembley 2010 at the start of that gig, it's an odd stretch to them to be arguably the two weakest received tunes.

This gig was amazing, was hoping to get a selfie with dom or even just give the guy a good ol' high five but I didn't wanna be one of those really annoying people screaming and shoving and being a general douche about it...

I think I may be peering in the back of someone else's photo though, so if you have a photo with a strange beardy guy in the background, that may be me xD

Uprising was most strangely dead song I thought. Almost no reaction at all, which was odd.

Glad I chose that song for a bathroom break, then. What I liked the most was that I was able to go from the pit to the loo to the bar and back to the pit within the space of one song. 'mazing. I've missed that at Muse gigs.

Actually, I've missed the pit full stop. All I've seemed to do at recent Muse gigs is get pissed off at people for not getting involved during the more upbeat songs, but last night was exemplary. And there were even crowdsurfers! Muse crowds: all is forgiven. I'm a bruised, happy mess :happy:

Also, what on earth is with the Marmozets hate? I thought they were phenomenal, and also didn't find any issue with the acoustics (we were stood house left, 10 or so rows from the front). One of the most exciting live bands I've seen for a while and I absolutely love their sound. I thought it was an awesome bonus to have a support band I actually liked :happy:

Also, what on earth is with the Marmozets hate? I thought they were phenomenal, and also didn't find any issue with the acoustics (we were stood house left, 10 or so rows from the front). One of the most exciting live bands I've seen for a while and I absolutely love their sound. I thought it was an awesome bonus to have a support band I actually liked :happy:

I wasn't far from where your photo was and I struggled with the acoustics.

Hopefully later in the year they'll do a headline gig and I'll see it there. There's potential at least - Born Young & Free and Captivate You are great tunes.

Marmozets were fucking awesome as per usual. Sound was a bit wank though, Becca's mic was so quiet at times. Heard it was alright for people at the side though.

Huh, odd! Yeah, it was alright where we were at the side... vocals came through loud and clear.