If there is this supposed Citizen Erased sequel, my guess is Matt meant it more as it has the same lyrical and musical themes as CE, not a literal second part to the song called Citizen Erased II, who knows though

In the interview it sounded more in regards to the whole song.

They played the piano from the intro of Take a Bow at the start of the Absolution tour a few times.. Everyone thought that was cool, how is this different?

Or Butterflies and Hurricanes, both the beginning intro synth part and the piano mid section

If there is this supposed Citizen Erased sequel, my guess is Matt meant it more as it has the same lyrical and musical themes as CE, not a literal second part to the song called Citizen Erased II, who knows though

From what I read of a recent interview, I think it was more of a sequel to see if he can still write in the musical style/tone as citizens erased. I don't think he meant it as a direct sequel. It was also hinted at it may not even be on the new album.

Edited by nendo

I think if the info about Matt being back in London is true then the single has been mixed etc. Matt said they were going to release "ASAP". Depends if the label wants to delay a week because of Mumford IMO. Didn't they delay T2L because of The Killers' album?

I think if the info about Matt being back in London is true then the single has been mixed etc. Matt said they were going to release "ASAP". Depends if the label wants to delay a week because of Mumford IMO. Didn't they delay T2L because of The Killers' album?

They did but that's the album and they're the big sellers for Muse. Muse's singles never do that well* so it really doesn't matter when they're released

*They haven't in quite some time anyway and this new one is apparently less radio friendly than the likes of Follow Me, Panic Station and Undisclosed Desires (straight up pop-rock) which all failed to make the top 40

I've read somewhere that the release delay was due to the guys being unable to come up with the choice of a suitable front artwork for the album. It's a bit ridiculous, isn't it?

They did but that's the album and they're the big sellers for Muse. Muse's singles never do that well* so it really doesn't matter when they're released

*They haven't in quite some time anyway and this new one is apparently less radio friendly than the likes of Follow Me, Panic Station and Undisclosed Desires (straight up pop-rock) which all failed to make the top 40

Fair comment but how are Follow Me and UD pop-rock?

Wikipedia says so, sorry.

oh wow, so they do. that's... interesting

edit: i can kiiiiiiinda sorta vaguely hear where someone might have got that from but it's still a bit of a long bow to be drawing. the influences are there, but the song itself isn't.

Edited by spark_

What exactly are you on about? Non-lead singles are hardly expected to char extremely high. They're to keep the buzz alive about the record. You conveniently disregarded Uprising and Madness here, which as lead singles charted extremely well.

So no Muse at the Apple iWatch launch then. Presumably the musical connection for that device is that it has U2's back catalogue on it.

I suppose we'll just need to wait and see if Muse will release that new single this week as speculated. Must be a really fucking quick mix if it is.

So no Muse at the Apple iWatch launch then. Presumably the musical connection for that device is that it has U2's back catalogue on it.

it was never going to happen. I can't understand how some people were so were so convinced about it.